• ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;

You know that old, old saying about building a better mouse trap? Well I have, sort of.
    This time of year mice are trying to get inside for the winter and they drive my dogs nuts trying to catch them and of course my wife doesn't want them around.
    Well I emptied a bag of dog food and I tossed the empty bag in a waste basket out in my attached garage.
    A little while later I notice one of my dogs messing around the basket trying to dump it over so I picked up the basket and low and behold there were three little mice in it (yeah, I know, I've heard that story too) but one jumped out so I took the other two out into a field and let them go. So when I came back I emptied the basket of trash and I put a few peices of dog food in the basket and within 8 hours I caught 9 mice total, the Mama and Papa and 7 little ones, so if your having mouse probles give it a try.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You realize of course that by letting them go you are simply creating a vicious circle, right?

Yeah, that's just the way I am. I like to go hunting too but I never shoot anything anymore. The last thing I shot was a human intruder.
    I suspect the mice will end up at my neighbors houses before they make it back here. LOL

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    13, 14, 15 good grief, I had no idea there were that many.

I know their not the same ones...............................cause I paint their tails LOL.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Green antifreeze in the bucket tastes sweet to the mice and provides a last tasty treat for the mice and you don't have to squish anything. Let us know when the first painted tail arrives for his second meal.
    What you need is a pair or three of rat snakes.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Behold the bucket mouse trap . . . in ACTION. Warning, not for the squeamish.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jezQKOl5q-w[/ame]

To improve the effectiveness (and reduce the amount of peanut butter used), just spread a band around the middle of the can.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Number 16 this afternoon.

It's slacking off so I think I've about got most of them but my wife saw another one this evening run across the garage floor.

I plugged up some utility holes into the crawl space with that expanding foam and that might help some, I don't know if they will chew through that stuff or not, I may have to use concrete.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9woxUshuA[/ame]

I saw this type on a show about the mouse problem in Australia.... Works even better with a piece of plastic.... The show I saw it on years ago had the mice lining up on the bridge to get their chance to fall after the PB...

Literally dozens and dozens... one after another...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom