• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I left a bucket full of old oil in my garage last year because i never got around to taking it in to autozone. I got quite the surprise when i went to take it in this spring and by chance shifted the oil around and found five fat, dead mice.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    13, 14, 15 good grief, I had no idea there were that many.

I know their not the same ones...............................cause I paint their tails LOL.

Haha!! My dad has a possum/coon/skunk problem and isn't somewhere he can permanantly dispatch them so he spray paints them orange to see if it's the same ones coming back.:):

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    You know ya could take them to your local pet store, the ones that sell snakes anyway.

That way you won't have to see them .....disposed of.

Just a thought.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I'm not sure pet stores would accept mice that could have weird diseases though. Not sure. Aren't those for snakes bred purposely?

They may not anymore.....but they used to pay people to go collect mice and bring them in.

Call first to make sure i suppose.....good question hoosierdoc.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They may not anymore.....but they used to pay people to go collect mice and bring them in.

Call first to make sure i suppose.....good question hoosierdoc.

Oddly enough I had a dream last night that I had several exotic fish in our fishtank, then two weird looking ones in our bathtub and another fishtank in our closet. A guest offered to buy them and we let her take them. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my 2yo emptying the fish food container into the tank yesterday...

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Number 16 this afternoon.

It's slacking off so I think I've about got most of them but my wife saw another one this evening run across the garage floor.

I plugged up some utility holes into the crawl space with that expanding foam and that might help some, I don't know if they will chew through that stuff or not, I may have to use concrete.

A mouse WILL chew through the expanding foam, not sure about the concrete. You could put some steel wool in the center of the expanding foam and they won't be able to get through.

Oh yeah, mice are also like ants. If you've seen one, you have 100. Good luck. :):

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV9woxUshuA

I saw this type on a show about the mouse problem in Australia.... Works even better with a piece of plastic.... The show I saw it on years ago had the mice lining up on the bridge to get their chance to fall after the PB...

Literally dozens and dozens... one after another...

Nifty trick...I will advise that you use a metal bucket just to make sure the pest don't chew through your plastic bucket

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Also, if you use metal bucket and left the trap for a few days, the male mice will kill each other off

Top Bottom