• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    I don't mean to be personally insulting, but hopefully this response will teach you not to ask questions like that!!! Look what it did for you. It brought to the front of their attention that someone wants to do something they disagree with. Let's hope they don't send out some sort of memo giving local managers the ability to cite corporate policy as a reason to disallow OC (or CC for that matter). Super job! We sure didn't need this outcome.

OCing and CC is not illegal, immoral, or wrong, so why must gun owners INSIST on having someone else tell them it's ok. Yes, it's private property, and yes they can ask you to leave, but why do people INSIST on asking? Is it not better to ask forgiveness than permission? Or is that "disrespectful". (Don't get me started on how disarming citizens is disrespectful).

DO NOT ASK PERMISSION, you aren't doing anything wrong. Dear God I hope this doesn't backfire. Better still, I hope people never send any more emails like this. Don't send an email and ask for permission to excercise a right which can be, legally, restricted on private property. If they do in fact dislike carry, allow them to deal with it at the local level. You've already got plenty of people here sharing their local experiences where OC (and CC) are completely unnoticed.

Did not take any insult from it...regardless of their answer, I will continue to carry and had no intentions otherwise. No where did I ask permission, I simply posed a question to ask if this was a Corporate policy or not.
    I do appreciate the fact that you added what you did as some people may have construed it differently from it's original intention and meaning. I agree that it is indeed easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission in some cases. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw some attention-seeking scofflaw carrying a gun in the Crawfordsville BW3 today. It distracted me from admiring some of the waitresses adequately because I was so scared.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ditto.;)

A meteor strike wouldn't have distracted you.:laugh:

Well, maybe if it hit me directly in the eyes, they might have watered a little. That could have been momentarily distracting.

I must admit I was somewhat "taken." I'm not sure exactly why, but it was something beyond the obvious. I'll get over it. I always do!

Top Bottom