• ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    What and where is B-Dubs?

Will buffalo wild wings hottest sauce make me feel it for the next day? I enjoy only being able to eat 1-2 wings before I need to down a beverage :)

Buffalo Wild Wings, affectionately known as B-Dubs (B as in Buffalo, Dub as in Dubble Ewe.) or BW3 as in Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. Nobody seems to know what Weck is (its an edible bread-like substance), so they dropped it out of the name some time in the late 90s I believe.

Made only in the Buffalo-Rochester area, the kummelweck—often alternatively spelled kimmelweck—is basically a Kaiser roll topped with lots of pretzel salt and caraway seeds. Kummelweck is simply shortened to “weck.”

My stomach normally feels quite warm for a few hours after eating the very hot wings, and let's not get into the reason to eat ice cream after the buffalo wings.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    I was told by someone that they have a national policy that is no OC. Is this correct?

On a related note. Who makes the best and hottest hot wings in NW IN? :rockwoot:

Alright kids...here it is.

I actually wrote to the Corp. offcies of BWW and asked them about this "national policy". Here is the answer I got back from them, along with my original question.

Dear Richard, Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Sincerely,
    Buffalo Wild Wings

<b>Guest Comment:</b>
    I have heard rumor that BWW has a National policy in it's stores that they do/will not allow customers to openly carry firearms. Can someone from your organization please confirm this so called policy? While I understand that each property owner has their own rights (and that those rights are to be respected and followed), I ask simply because I live in Indiana where it is completely legal to carry your licensed handgun in this fashion. If your stores DO NOT have signage posted before entering that tells patrons this action is not permitted, then I would expect that there would be no issues with a paying customer exercising their Constitutional rights. I have not visited the location given in the body of the form, but it was required for me to send this.

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's let them put their money where their mouths are. That is pure CMA, imo.

That is, they SAY that, but they do not enforce it.

Start sending them photos/videos of their staff/management NOT enforcing it. They are CMAing because of fear of lawsuits. Make them start firing managers (are there FRANCHISES?) and see what THOSE lawsuits do to them and make them rethink their policy. I know, that's the opposite extreme, but they are just pure wrong. It's their RIGHT to be WRONG... sure. But just wrong.

I'll cool off now.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Let's let them put their money where their mouths are. That is pure CMA, imo.

That is, they SAY that, but they do not enforce it.

Start sending them photos/videos of their staff/management NOT enforcing it. They are CMAing because of fear of lawsuits. Make them start firing managers (are there FRANCHISES?) and see what THOSE lawsuits do to them and make them rethink their policy. I know, that's the opposite extreme, but they are just pure wrong. It's their RIGHT to be WRONG... sure. But just wrong.

I'll cool off now.

Justi FYI...they do offer franchises, but short of asking some of the staff as to whether or not their particular store is Corp. run or a franchise, don't know how you'd find out.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No bother, here is what I sent them.

Can you point me to how one can tell (via web) which locations are corporate vs franchise?
    Or, if it is not available on the web, can you reply with the info? (all stores if possible)

In addition, do franchisees have to adhere to all corporate policies? Or are there core policies they agree to adhere to, but others they don't? (eg - hours of operation, smoking, pets (assistance), attire (bare feet, sandals, gang colors), weapons (knives firearms with or without proper licensing), group parties (political, race, religious affiliations), etc.)

The reason I ask is I wonder if I should expect as a customer to have varying rules of acceptance based on what type of customer I present myself to Buffalo Wild Wings, dependant upon whether I visit a corporate-run versus a franchisee-run establishment. This will determine which stores I choose to give my business to, if at all.

Thanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington

I actually wrote to the Corp. offcies of BWW and asked them about this "national policy". Here is the answer I got back from them, along with my original question.

Dear Richard, Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.

Sincerely,
    Buffalo Wild Wings

I have heard rumor that BWW has a National policy in it's stores that they do/will not allow customers to openly carry firearms. Can someone from your organization please confirm this so called policy? While I understand that each property owner has their own rights (and that those rights are to be respected and followed), I ask simply because I live in Indiana where it is completely legal to carry your licensed handgun in this fashion. If your stores DO NOT have signage posted before entering that tells patrons this action is not permitted, then I would expect that there would be no issues with a paying customer exercising their Constitutional rights. I have not visited the location given in the body of the form, but it was required for me to send this.

I don't mean to be personally insulting, but hopefully this response will teach you not to ask questions like that!!! Look what it did for you. It brought to the front of their attention that someone wants to do something they disagree with. Let's hope they don't send out some sort of memo giving local managers the ability to cite corporate policy as a reason to disallow OC (or CC for that matter). Super job! We sure didn't need this outcome.

OCing and CC is not illegal, immoral, or wrong, so why must gun owners INSIST on having someone else tell them it's ok. Yes, it's private property, and yes they can ask you to leave, but why do people INSIST on asking? Is it not better to ask forgiveness than permission? Or is that "disrespectful". (Don't get me started on how disarming citizens is disrespectful).

DO NOT ASK PERMISSION, you aren't doing anything wrong. Dear God I hope this doesn't backfire. Better still, I hope people never send any more emails like this. Don't send an email and ask for permission to excercise a right which can be, legally, restricted on private property. If they do in fact dislike carry, allow them to deal with it at the local level. You've already got plenty of people here sharing their local experiences where OC (and CC) are completely unnoticed.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

Sincerely,
    Buffalo Wild Wings

In your next email to them, send this link. Shooting rampage at Killeen Luby's left 24 dead | The Chronicle's First Century | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Remind them what happened at Libby's and ask what they are doing to protect their patrons. If they are banning all weapons and God help us another crazy tries something similar in one of their stores, are they prepared to compensate there patrons that are defenseless.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    So here is a question. I'm sure there is a logical answer. If an establishment does not allow lawful carry. Citing "customer safety" as one of their reasons. Would the establishment then be liable if something were to happen to a customer who was asked to disarm? I guess they could just get out of any responsibility by saying "well they didn't have to come here." Think I just answered my question but I already typed this so I'll post anyway.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    So here is a question. I'm sure there is a logical answer. If an establishment does not allow lawful carry. Citing "customer safety" as one of their reasons. Would the establishment then be liable if something were to happen to a customer who was asked to disarm? I guess they could just get out of any responsibility by saying "well they didn't have to come here." Think I just answered my question but I already typed this so I'll post anyway.
    I don't think you need an answer but I read your post, so I'll reply anyway.

:D

Passive101

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    La Porte

Most likely you could sue them and win. I just don't know of it happening yet.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    The gf is on her way down to my house and I told her I was in the mood for BW3. :D I'll OC at the one on 31 and Stop 11 on the southside and let y'all know what happens. :D

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    FWIW I know that the Speedway BW3's is Franchised. My roommate applied there and when reading the application it stated the parent company and not BW3s as the employer.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't mean to be personally insulting, but hopefully this response will teach you not to ask questions like that!!! Look what it did for you. It brought to the front of their attention that someone wants to do something they disagree with. Let's hope they don't send out some sort of memo giving local managers the ability to cite corporate policy as a reason to disallow OC (or CC for that matter). Super job! We sure didn't need this outcome.

OCing and CC is not illegal, immoral, or wrong, so why must gun owners INSIST on having someone else tell them it's ok. Yes, it's private property, and yes they can ask you to leave, but why do people INSIST on asking? Is it not better to ask forgiveness than permission? Or is that "disrespectful". (Don't get me started on how disarming citizens is disrespectful).

DO NOT ASK PERMISSION, you aren't doing anything wrong. Dear God I hope this doesn't backfire. Better still, I hope people never send any more emails like this. Don't send an email and ask for permission to excercise a right which can be, legally, restricted on private property. If they do in fact dislike carry, allow them to deal with it at the local level. You've already got plenty of people here sharing their local experiences where OC (and CC) are completely unnoticed.

Right on target. IF and I say IF a manager throws you out for it, at that point it's time to start talking about it.... NOT before hand.
    :soapbox:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Amen, li'l brother. I would have rep'd you for the message below, but I apparently must spread the rep wealth first.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I was told by someone that they have a national policy that is no OC. Is this correct?

On a related note. Who makes the best and hottest hot wings in NW IN? :rockwoot:
    2 seperate answers here, the hottest IMO has to be Quaker Steak & Lube in Portage. You have to sign a waiver if you order them. The best I believe is at a little bar in Valparaiso Called Duffy's Place just off Rt.30.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana

I read somewhere that they can be held liable. This happened at a Walmart somewhere where someone was attacked in the parking lot and they were sued. Since then Walmart has changed thier gun policy.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Follow up to my contacting corporate office:

Can you point me to how one can tell (via web) which locations are corporate vs franchise?
    Or, if it is not available on the web, can you reply with the info? (all stores if possible)
    ... thanks for contacting us. I'll answer your questions the best I can. BWW does not have a list with all 600 stores, 200 corporate, 400 franchise. An easy way to tell if they are franchise or corporate would be to go to BWW home page, click on locations, then click on a particular store. That store's information will come up along with it's store #. All franchise location store #'s are in the 3000's. Example: #3247 is a franchise location in California. All corporate stores are in the 200's or lower.
    In addition, do franchisees have to adhere to all corporate policies? Or are there core policies they agree to adhere to, but others they don't? (eg - hours of operation, smoking, pets (assistance), attire (bare feet, sandals, gang colors), weapons (knives firearms with or without proper licensing), group parties (political, race, religious affiliations), etc.)
    The reason I ask is I wonder if I should expect as a customer to have varying rules of acceptance based on what type of customer I present myself to Buffalo Wild Wings, dependant upon whether I visit a corporate-run versus a franchisee-run establishment. This will determine which stores I choose to give my business to, if at all.

Franchisees do not have to follow all of the same policies as corporate stores.
    It is best to contact your location for specific questions regarding their policies.
    Thanks.

I just looked at their interactive location map, Buffalo Wild Wings : Locations, and it appears that most every Indiana BWW is a franchise. Once you click, the store number is displayed. It's pretty fast. And all the ones surrounding Indy are in the three thousands. See image.

picture6gcp.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom