Not open for further replies.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    CIB old us everything once when she put her amateur call in a post. The call database is publicly available online and includes such things as real name and address. The book of face isn't the only way to leak.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    CIB old us everything once when she put her amateur call in a post. The call database is publicly available online and includes such things as real name and address. The book of face isn't the only way to leak.

Yep. We have several HAMS here who have their calls in their .sig or on their page.

I don't have any illusion someone couldn't track me down through my posts here, but I'm not going to make the information easily publicly searchable either. I've heard some folks say "I have nothing to hide" which sounds as stupid as telling Mr. Officer to go ahead and search your car because you have nothing to hide. Bad things happen to good people sometimes for the simple reason of catching the attention of the wrong miscreant, whether thug or overly aggressive cop.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. We have several HAMS here who have their calls in their .sig or on their page.

I don't have any illusion someone couldn't track me down through my posts here, but I'm not going to make the information easily publicly searchable either. I've heard some folks say "I have nothing to hide" which sounds as stupid as telling Mr. Officer to go ahead and search your car because you have nothing to hide. Bad things happen to good people sometimes for the simple reason of catching the attention of the wrong miscreant, whether thug or overly aggressive cop.

I see people saying "I have nothing to hide" on the internet as essentially saying, "my identity is your identity."

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I read that. I think discussing fire-ants is more interesting. But I must say the comments were a better read. Maybe we'll stop talking about whatever we were not supposed to talk about.

Bugs? Bah! In my era we just brought out the nukes.:)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yep. CIB used same screen name in other sites, some of which have an accesible profile with real world name and hometown. Simple search on screen name turns them up

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I think CIB is "un-shootered" so this is now a self-exile?

No dog in this fight.

I firmly believe that some topics are "hunting over a baited field" and should be approached with trepidation.

Yes, I read every post. Some are not diamonds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No dog in this fight.

I firmly believe that some topics are "hunting over a baited field" and should be approached with trepidation.

D-ric is still shootered. He must have let loose with extra helping of bannable stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No dog in this fight.

CIB stepped in her own pile and was called out for it.
    Limits were ignored and existing lines were crossed.
    There is some deep self induced butt-hurt here apparently.
    Getting over said butt-hurt is her call.
    She either will or will not get over it.
    She is welcome to return.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom