Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    A church doesn't even need a lawyer to fight this, and there will be plenty willing to tell the litigants off pro bono. No non profit church will fold over denying a same sex ceremony.

You may be right. I hope you are. Although, as public opinion continues to evolve, I wager the pool of attorneys willing to take up this cause pro bono will dry up.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The real fun will start in the GOP primaries. I'm expecting the more statist ones to go full derp on this issue.

Exactly. Jindal, Santorum and Huckabee were already frothing at the mouth over it. Bet they're all having seizures right about now. They'll have to come up with something else to get their TEAvangelical base all fired up over now.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You really think any court is going to entertain this?

People have been asking that question since the founding of the republic. Many issues that a court would "never hear" have come and gone and are now case law. Just give it a bit of time and some pressure.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Exactly. Jindal, Santorum and Huckabee were already frothing at the mouth over it. Bet they're all having seizures right about now. They'll have to come up with something else to get their TEAvangelical base all fired up over now.

This will probably energize the social conservatives to pick an even less electable candidate for the GOP, one who will alienate independents. They'll be handing it to the democrats on a silver platter and not realize it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What's new? They've done that the last 2 elections.

This will probably energize the social conservatives to pick an even less electable candidate for the GOP, one who will alienate independents. They'll be handing it to the democrats on a silver platter and not realize it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You really think any court is going to entertain this?

Yes. How much seat time in court rooms do you have?

Also, even if the ultimate result is dismissal of the case, how does that happen without a lawyer making it happen?

Whenever someone asks: "Can I be sued for...." It doesn't matter how the sentence ends, the answer is always "yes". Then, it's going to take time and money to determine whether there is any merit.

I can only hope that no one tries to impose their personal beliefs on a church or individual using government power. I even kept a straight face typing that...just barely.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You do have a point. Hopefully the first failed attempts will slow the litigation before it gets nuts.

Yes, hopefully so. I hope one day we revise our tax code and the government ceases to care about marriage altogether. Then we can all go to a place of faith where we agree and freely associate with whom we please. This should never have been a government issue. It should always have been a faith issue. Christians played as much of a part in making it a government issue as anyone, and now they are beginning to see what else is in Pandora's Box.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Woobie, you have just made me incredibly sad... I must find ice cream.

Cheer up, brother! Life is good, government is generally bad. We have friends, family, guns and INGO. I don't presume to know your faith, but mine gives me hope.

As I Corinthians 15:19 says, "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." But the rhetorical statement is answered as that goes on. No setback in this life is so bad, when looked at it in the scope of eternity. And really, is this a setback? Government should not be setting up separate classes of people. Government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all, really. And maybe this will move us toward a time when goverent gets out of our lives a little bit more. I don't know the future, but I will do my best with the present.

Top Bottom