Breaking: Per SCOTUS, Same-Sex Marriage is now law of the land.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Oh cool. I've learnt some new pejoratives for the two largest parties? But wait. There are more parties than that. Certainly the other parties don't get a free ride just because they never get more than 1% of the vote.

So what do they call the Libertarian party? A few knicknames come to mind. But I think of all of them "the tinfoil party" seems most appropriate. Of course the "bat**** crazy party" is a close second. Oh yes. Loves me some pejoratives.

Now wasn't that productive?

Carry on MRJ.

You should read the link on it I posted. You might actually learn something. Like the "stupid party" label is over 100 years old. But don't let that get in the way of your butthurt.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Can't wait for Judge Brucey Woosey to preside over Gay Divorce Court....gonna be good for a few laughs, it'll be fabulous.
    There have already been same sex divorces. There are far more straight divorces, though. I don't think either are "fabulous". It sucks when a loving relationship breaks down. Just ask some of our INGO members who have gone through it, (or are currently going through it).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The White House is so gay right now.

CId6kqtUsAAGXLd.jpg:large

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There have already been same sex divorces. There are far more straight divorces, though. I don't think either are "fabulous". It sucks when a loving relationship breaks down. Just ask some of our INGO members who have gone through it, (or are currently going through it).

Cash registers at the law firms are ringing, more marriages equals more divorces just by the law of averages, and that means more money.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Churches should get out of the marriage business. Let Justices of the Peace conduct them.

Never really understood this... Justices of the Peace do perform marriages, churches perform weddings... Marriage is a legally binding "contract" and status, a wedding is a religious ceremony...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You should read the link on it I posted. You might actually learn something. Like the "stupid party" label is over 100 years old. But don't let that get in the way of your butthurt.

I read the link. What has that to do with why you think pejoratives are necessary or add to the discussion? No. I suspect it's more that you know this is a Republican rich environment to get your digs in. What with all the INGO 'stupid party' hicks complaining about the just and wonderful SCOTUS decision. They deserve a bit of MRJ venom.

You have to admit, it's much like a calling card. BTW, I'm not a Republican and I know needling when I see it. TEAvangelicals, indeed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't think there's really a standing now to reject anything. There's also a blueprint for how to get it done.

Think you are right. At lunch we discussed how to challenge such offenses as polygamy, statutory rape, and bestiality.

It should be interesting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Think you are right. At lunch we discussed how to challenge such offenses as polygamy, statutory rape, and bestiality.

It should be interesting.

I would think a relationship that isn't consensual would be pretty easy to challenge. But I'll bet the definition for "consensual" gets pushed pretty hard.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I understand polygamy. Consenting adults should be free to enter into any marriage they wish.

Animals cannot give consent. Parents are required to give consent to child weddings (should they be tolerated at all), and I believe there would be significant pushback against any any attempt to change this. But this isn't about children or animals. That is ridiculous, and will be dealt with accordingly. This is about adults...fellow INGOers, perhaps.

A person's right to define thier own relationship trumps the "right" of anyone else to. Freedom wins here, just as it should.

The only people "losing" here are the ones who want to make it illegal for others to live the way they themselves believe is best.

Let them lose.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I understand polygamy. Consenting adults should be free to enter into any marriage they wish.

Animals cannot give consent. Parents are required to give consent to child weddings (should they be tolerated at all), and I believe there would be significant pushback against any any attempt to change this. But this isn't about children or animals. That is ridiculous, and will be dealt with accordingly. This is about adults...fellow INGOers, perhaps.

A person's right to define thier own relationship trumps the "right" of anyone else to. Freedom wins here, just as it should.

The only people "losing" here are the ones who want to make it illegal for others to live the way they themselves believe is best.

Let them lose.

Well said! :+1:

We do have LGBT Ingoers.I'm glad they're getting more rights and freedom, that's what 'Merica is all about. :patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But I'll bet the definition for "consensual" gets pushed pretty hard.

If marriage has no meaning, then why would it be presumed that consensual would have any meaning.

Animals cannot give consent.

This has all the validity of "homosexuals cannot be married" in 2001.

Parents are required to give consent to child weddings

I am told this is about love, and freedom, and liberty and stuff. Why can't children be just like homosexuals and be free to love who they so desire? Isn't age of consent an arbitrary societal construct, just like marriage must be between a man and woman?

That is ridiculous, and will be dealt with accordingly.

That's what people said about gay marriage in 2001.

This is about adults

Is it now? Why should adults be the only ones allowed to experience love?

We shall see how far that argument goes with polygamy/bigamy and sex with children and animals. Who will stand in the way of love now?

Top Bottom