• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm not certain that I agree that he should have been forcefully detained to begin with, I haven't found anything demonstrating that he was doing something illegal at the time of his arrest.

One certainly can't believe everything they read, but I didn't think the part where Brandon was calling out to the neighborhood to intervene when his scumbag brother was being arrested was even a question.

If he was indeed doing that and a cop tried to get him to stop and he resisted, I just don't see the problem in the officer dropping his fat ass.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    One certainly can't believe everything they read, but I didn't think the part where Brandon was calling out to the neighborhood to intervene when his scumbag brother was being arrested was even a question.

If he was indeed doing that and a cop tried to get him to stop and he resisted, I just don't see the problem in the officer dropping his fat ass.

I did not read the version where he was doing that. I read that they asked him to leave and he wouldn't. Then he was arrested while he was standing there talking to a girl.

It may have been completely justified, it really doesn't matter. My only point was that his mother and his criminal background did not justify that beating as I thought was being implied by people in this thread. If nobody here was making that implication then I have no argument. :ingo:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    My only point was that his mother and his criminal background did not justify that beating as I thought was being implied by people in this thread. If nobody here was making that implication then I have no argument.
    I don't recall anyone saying Johnson "deserved" a beating. To feel that way would make it personal. There is nothing personal about it. If what I posted implied anything such as that I was wrong in doing so...as would anyone else be if that's what they thought. I'm also not foolish enough to think there are not people who feel that way. Those people are also wrong.

I think the point being made is the clergy and the media attempted to make this kid out as an angel...a victim. What he was, is, and will continue to be is a hood rat. A product of how he was raised...by a family that has no regard for what is right and wrong.

But at the same time...there comes an age at which you're responsible for your own actions and should accept the consequences for those actions. The upbringing can only be blamed for so long. Grow up...be a man and stop being dependent on society to carry your sorry ass. :twocents:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    It will be a sad day when Brandon Johnson finally gets killed in a drug deal gone south or a some type of whose gang penis is bigger argument. I wish I knew the date, so I could mark it on my calendar.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Forgive my slight thread jack for a moment...but it kind of ties into how I feel about Brandon Johnson...

Has anyone else noticed that all these people being murdered or having bad things done to them...their pictures in the media are generally mug shots?

The lifestyles they choose drastically increases the odds that they will be the "victim" of violent crimes. (I hate to use the term "victim" here because they bring it on themselves).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Has anyone else noticed that all these people being murdered or having bad things done to them...their pictures in the media are generally mug shots?

Has this guy committed a violent crime? I know his mug is on file for having a offensive t-shirt in his closet, but what is the worst of his offenses? Mug shots don't mean much when the laws are so ridiculous.

Yeah, I understand he grew up to welfare parents. But half the country is on the dole as well. Irrelevant details, frankly.

There are enough real criminals out there that non-violent people should be left alone. Doesn't matter what clothes hang in his closet.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    It will be front-page news...but it will be someone else's fault.

And the clergy coalition will bemoan not having the quarter million bucks of free money to spend how they want on gangbangers and blame the IMPD or current administration.

The only solace is watching mothers like his spend all their EBT money on purple drink, chips, and high fructose corn syrup products and knowing with our modern food practices and the social demographics of consumption the populace should have itself thinned out by 2040 from diabetes and other related illnesses. Ah yes, a better world for our children....

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Has this guy committed a violent crime? I know his mug is on file for having a offensive t-shirt in his closet, but what is the worst of his offenses? Mug shots don't mean much when the laws are so ridiculous.

Yeah, I understand he grew up to welfare parents. But half the country is on the dole as well. Irrelevant details, frankly.

There are enough real criminals out there that non-violent people should be left alone. Doesn't matter what clothes hang in his closet.
    I personally don't care what he wears either.

My comment was intended to point out the likelihood that because he is the product of what he is...as well as the lifestyle path he's headed on greatly increases the probability of violence in his life.

Life is full of rules, Rambone...some I agree with...some I don't. You really don't see welfare as an relevant detail? I never thought I'd see you...of all people...defend public handouts.

If John Lennon were here...he'd sing you a song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVg2EJvvlF8&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Utopia must be a grand place.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It's relevant as a discussion of what kind of person he is. It's not relevant as to whether he should get a beatdown.

I think that's what Rambone meant.
    Oh, OK...damnit...Yoko is fugly anyway...

But don't you see it as relevant to the probability of violence? That's all I'm saying.

And for any other Beatles fans out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3RY...st=MLGxdCwVVULXfH-k_IVzQbQcibTdWOSgKg&index=5

I think Clapton did it better, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNBEiyGwGRc&feature=related

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Oh, OK...damnit...Yoko is ugly anyway...

But don't you see it as relevant to the probability of violence? That's all I'm saying.

Dangerous territory. I could show much stronger correlations that would be extremely offensive.

Police officers should treat welfare recipients and people who live in bad neighborhoods with exactly the same proffesionalism they would treat the mayor. Until the people prove they don't deserve it.

I used to hire people for Wal Mart. I was once talking to my boss and I cut the meeting short. He asked why, and I said, "Because I have an interview." He couldn't understand why I wouldn't keep them waiting, I was just hiring someone for the shopping carts after all. My position was that I had arranged an appointment at a particular time with another person.

To me, the police should have that same attitude.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dangerous territory. I could show much stronger correlations that would be extremely offensive.

Police officers should treat welfare recipients and people who live in bad neighborhoods with exactly the same proffesionalism they would treat the mayor. Until the people prove they don't deserve it.

I used to hire people for Wal Mart. I was once talking to my boss and I cut the meeting short. He asked why, and I said, "Because I have an interview." He couldn't understand why I wouldn't keep them waiting, I was just hiring someone for the shopping carts after all. My position was that I had arranged an appointment at a particular time with another person.

To me, the police should have that same attitude.
    I agree with you 100%.

Firm, fair, consistent and always professional. Anything else is unacceptable.

But my point was NOT that if you chose the lifestyle of a thug you'll probably increase the odds of getting beat down by the po-po. It was more intended to show that *I* think that if you lead that lifestyle...it increases the odds that you will be the "victim" of violence from society in general.

If I came across any way other than that...my bad.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I agree with you 100%.

Firm, fair, consistent and always professional.

But my point was NOT that if you chose the lifestyle of a thug you'll probably increase the odds of getting beat down by the po-po. It was more intended to show that *I* think that if you lead that lifestyle...it increases the odds that you will be the "victim" of violence from society in general.

If I came across any way other than that...my bad.

Well, then, I guess we agree completely. Wanna' hold hands and sing?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Life is full of rules, Rambone...some I agree with...some I don't. You really don't see welfare as an relevant detail? I never thought I'd see you...of all people...defend public handouts.
    It's relevant as a discussion of what kind of person he is. It's not relevant as to whether he should get a beatdown.

I think that's what Rambone meant.
    Dross is correct. The only reason we know this guy at all is because of his beating. The details of the incident are relevant, not his parents' mooching skills.

If John Lennon were here...he'd sing you a song..

Utopia must be a grand place.
    Haha, I have a feeling John Lennon is just fine with government supporting people. Each according to their need.

Firm, fair, consistent and always professional. Anything else is unacceptable.

I think we mostly agree. I'm still a little up in the air about him being a thug. No, I wouldn't be inclined to his friend, but he hasn't robbed, assaulted, or stolen property from somebody else. He's just a kid with a crappy life. There are bigger fish to fry. In Congress, for example.

Top Bottom