• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Medicine didn't always used to be so bad. But one day, a drug company CEO woke up, thought to himself, hey, why cure a disease when you can be a billionaire TREATING them?

Now a days, they make drugs for everything from ear wax thinner to making your wife "do it" for you even if she doesn't. Men don't have erectile dysfunction. They have "My wife is fugly" syndrome. And for those RARE guys who do have ED, they didn't get it by becoming old. Ask them guys how many other drugs they've taken in the last 30 years.

Cancers? Yea, they've got cures for the early stages of most. Not Chemo or drugs either. You won't see them pushing that though, do ya?

And you're telling me they can't cure AIDS? :rolleyes: Please... They can create chemicals ten times worse than VX Gas, clone humans, DNA engineer babies, but they can't cure AIDS.

:bs:

Again, I'm not saying all drugs are bad. But your body has an ever evolving immune system for a reason. Don't kill it with drugs.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Medicine didn't always used to be so bad. But one day, a drug company CEO woke up, thought to himself, hey, why cure a disease when you can be a billionaire TREATING them?

Now a days, they make drugs for everything from ear wax thinner to making your wife "do it" for you even if she doesn't. Men don't have erectile dysfunction. They have "My wife is fugly" syndrome. And for those RARE guys who do have ED, they didn't get it by becoming old. Ask them guys how many other drugs they've taken in the last 30 years.

Cancers? Yea, they've got cures for the early stages of most. Not Chemo or drugs either. You won't see them pushing that though, do ya?

And you're telling me they can't cure AIDS? :rolleyes: Please... They can create chemicals ten times worse than VX Gas, clone humans, DNA engineer babies, but they can't cure AIDS.

:bs:

Again, I'm not saying all drugs are bad. But your body has an ever evolving immune system for a reason. Don't kill it with drugs.
    They haven't been able to come up with a cure to eradicate any virus, such as the rhinovirus (common cold), it's not surprising they haven't cured HIV.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They haven't been able to come up with a cure to eradicate any virus, such as the rhinovirus (common cold), it's not surprising they haven't cured HIV.

Either they have or they won't. Like I said, they can't make money curing diseases.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    i miss those halcyon days of thousands of deaths annually from polio, measles, menigitis and smallpox.

If you think in term of present day risk the probability of these diseases have decreased. They had a greater benefit then than now.
    The Vaccines today targeting influenza, or types of HPV's are down right scary.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    i miss those halcyon days of thousands of deaths annually from polio, measles, menigitis and smallpox.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

let me know where you work so i can avoid it. i bet you believe in voodoo, crystal scrying and tarot cards too, right?

No, I don't believe in those things. There are scientific studies showing the benefits of herbs. Many medicines are based on herbal remedies of the past. Ever hear of quinine, aspirin or morphine?

Why such a hater? :noway: :dunno:

If you think in term of present day risk the probability of these diseases have decreased. They had a greater benefit then than now.
    The Vaccines today targeting influenza, or types of HPV's are down right scary.
    From the horses mouth, so to speak.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I run the water plant here. Every so often some body comes in and starts screaming about Flouride in the water. Nook-yoo-lur waste was mentioned one time. All but one city in Indiana flouridates. Evansville water ran out of it once a few years ago. You should have seen the outcry when that got public.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    A couple of true stories. You may draw your own conclusions.

Long time friends of the family (wives were preggo about the same time, delivered a couple months apart). Both my family and theirs produce a son. Both are normal(?) rambuncious kids; can't sit still. School says: "Give 'em Ritalin to settle 'em down. It's the big Thing". My wife says: No thanks; our friends let's them put her son on Ritalin. Fast Forward 25 years. My son is married, a college grad, steady character; their son, joined the Navy, busted a couple times for insubordination, discharged, his mother runs his life because he can't make decisions.

I have a nephew who is a fraternal twin. This nephew joined the military and went to Basic Training. During Basic, he was given between 8-16 vaccinations in one day. He got sick and had to spend a few days in the hospital. Moved on to advanced training, got sick again and was hospitalized. Diagnosis: Type I Diabetes. He didn't have it prior to Basic; his twin brother doesn't have it (nor do any of his relatives). Where did it come from? Some evidence to say it was the multiple vaccinations.

I don't get flu shots - except when I was on Active Duty this last time, I was forced to get a flu shot twice: I got the flu both times.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The problem with many of these theories is that when deeply examined the claims don't hold up. Heck, just a cursory search poked holes in the fluoride claims.

Is fluoride part of globalist plot?

Jason Armfield, writing in June of 2005, cited multiple studies that establish the safety of water-fluoridation programs. No link to cancer or any of the other diseases or conditions alleged to be the results of water fluoridation has ever been established. There is absolutely no credible evidence of this. It hasn't happened. It doesn't happen. It isn't true.

It also isn't true that the Nazis first used fluoride in their concentration camps. Let me repeat that: THE NAZIS DID NOT USE FLOURIDE. This claim is a favorite of the fluoride conspiracy theorists, but it simply never happened. One of the sources cited for this historical "fact" is Charles E. Perkins, who wrote a book called "The Truth about Water Fluoridation." Perkins, who thought fluoridation of drinking water was a communist plot, never mentions the Nazis in his book.

Conspiracy theorists claim Perkins wrote a letter to the Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research in 1954. In the letter, he is supposed to have said that German chemists "worked out a very ingenious and far-reaching plan of mass-control ... through mass medication of drinking water supplies. … In this scheme of mass-control, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place."

Ignoring his book's claim that fluoridation was a scheme invented by communists (there is no documentation establishing that World War II–era Russians did this), Perkins makes this staggering claim (if indeed he made it) while providing no documentation or proof whatsoever. In other words, if he said it, he made it up. Joseph Borkin's book "Crimes and Punishment of I.G. Farben" is frequently cited as support for the claim, but there is no mention of fluoride or fluoridation anywhere in the text, nor does Perkins have any connection to I.G. Farben itself.

Tying this to the "brain-softening mind-control drug" angle, both flouride and Prozac contain fluorine, but Prozac's fluorine content is a much lower level by mass (10 percent). The idea that two substances that contain one common ingredient must necessarily produce the same effect regardless of whatever else they comprise is laughably simplistic illogic.

Now, if you want to know some more rational basis for opposing fluoride and such, do better research. Water fluoridation controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I got both flu shots last year...pretty sure I was smarter last year too....just can't remember...Hey S.E. does not taking any meds include..ahem..self medicating with herbal substances?

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    Speaking of brain eating,
    Anybody know where I can get a brain sammich in Indiana?
    I know southern Indiana is famous for them but I have not had one since I was a kid.

Time to go watch a zombie movie and see what is on the menu.
    :popcorn:

Come on down to Evansville. We can hook you up. One a year is my limit.

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    The problem with many of these theories is that when deeply examined the claims don't hold up. Heck, just a cursory search poked holes in the fluoride claims.

Is fluoride part of globalist plot?

Now, if you want to know some more rational basis for opposing fluoride and such, do better research. Water fluoridation controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My argument against Flouride in the water is that its forced on us. There are lots of things that science has established are arguably GOOD for us... Vitamin C... Omega 3 fatty acids.... Anti-oxidants... Aspirin, etc....

We don't pump them into the water supply.

I beleive the municipal water suppliers job should be to provide: (wait for it.... Can you guess???)

WATER!!!!

In the purest form possible. Now, I understand that 100% pure H2O coming out of the tap is an absolute impossibility... That certain things HAVE to be added to the water supply (Chlorination for example) to offset other impurities found in basic ground water- And its impossible to remove ALL of those base contaminates as well (Including FLUORIDE, in some localities)...

But thats a far cry from some busy body deciding "Gee.... This is good for them.... Lets cram some of this in there for good measure."

One of the primary functions of government is providing clean drinking water to their constituents. I shouldnt have to BUY WATER from another source to avoid extra crap some egghead decided should be in my tap water. And even those who buy their water from OTHER sources (bottled water) are still dependent to some degree on tap water to cook with, bathe in, wash clothing in etc....

If I feel my diet is lacking some item, whether it be Fish oil or Fluoride, ILL GO BUY IT MYSELF, AND USE IT IN A SPECIFIC QUANTITY THAT I CAN REGULATE. Its none of the governments business to decide how white my teeth should be.

Last edited:

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I've seen all that. We have an inspector from the CDC come in once a month to check our logs and inspect the machinery. We also have to mail a water sample weekly to the CDC for analysis.

Top Bottom