• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why do you think they press giving/getting flu shots around the shopping seasons? Humm... Maybe so you won't hear the screams of your Visa card as it is casually swiped through "The Corportations" card readers multiple times through out the day, or maybe the medication that "They"/"The Corporations" produce helps you relax and inhibits the consequence side of your brain allowing you to mindlessly spend money on "The Corporations" widgets! That is why I don't allow anyone at my compound to be vaccinated!

Wake up America!

Because historically that corresponds to the natural increase in the spread of the flu virus due to a host of factors? Maybe?

I really hope you just forgot to put that in purple.

I'm a HUGE proponant of herbal/homeopathic medicine.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

let me know where you work so i can avoid it. i bet you believe in voodoo, crystal scrying and tarot cards too, right?

Right, because until modern western medicine came along, societies all over earth had absolutely nothing in the way of medical treatment.

Pull your head outta the dark space, dude. Nature IS the original pharmacy.

If you think in term of present day risk the probability of these diseases have decreased. They had a greater benefit then than now.
    The Vaccines today targeting influenza, or types of HPV's are down right scary.

The probability has decreased specifically because of the use of vaxes. It's why small pox is practically non-existent except in some lab somewhere. Without the vaxes, we'd still be facing similar levels of incidence for all the communicable diseases, with some possible reduction due to increased sanitation efforts. But the reason incidence is so low is because we've effectively wiped out all the vectors (that would be us!) that allow for the perpetuation of the disease.

I guarantee if you stopped vaxing for the common communicable diseases, you'd see a massive spike in incidence over the course of the next 10-15 years.

That said, I do think we are overmedicated and overvaxed. I've got no problem vaxing for diseases where the risk of adverse effects is greater from the disease than the vax. Vaxing is not the problem. What they put in the vax in addition to the immunity-boosting disease-specific antigen is. We shouldn't be screaming to stop vaxing. We should be screaming for better vaxes.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I guarantee if you stopped vaxing for the common communicable diseases, you'd see a massive spike in incidence over the course of the next 10-15 years.

Only if we also abandoned modern sanitation standards and waste management as well. Vaccines are given far more credit than they are due. And the many side-effects are continually swept under the rug.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Only if we also abandoned modern sanitation standards and waste management as well. Vaccines are given far more credit than they are due. And the many side-effects are continually swept under the rug.

Actually, no. Our immune system has grown a defense against most of those older pandemics. The only way they could affect us now is if they mutated. Stop vaxing people and I bet you don't see any of them come back.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Actually, no. Our immune system has grown a defense against most of those older pandemics. The only way they could affect us now is if they mutated. Stop vaxing people and I bet you don't see any of them come back.

Although a lot of older pandemics have been eradicated here, we're still getting cases of those diseases brought in by visitors and immigrants, legal or otherwise.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Although a lot of older pandemics have been eradicated here, we're still getting cases of those diseases brought in by visitors and immigrants, legal or otherwise.

I think you missed my point. Generation after generation of Americans have been vaxed against those older pandemics. I'm willing to bet if we stop vaxing kids for a couple generations you'd see that we no longer need the vaccine.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Uh, no. Our immune system does not evolve quickly enough to have given us any immunity to the diseases of our grandparent's generation. As a matter of fact, modern medicine is PREVENTING natural selection by allowing the sick and diseased to reproduce. If both of your parents had no natural immunity to something, then barring some major mutation, neither do you.

Have you read the reports of Whooping cough? Folks had either a) chosen not get get vaxed, or b) arrived from a location that did not vax for this. Now, there have been MANY cases of whooping cough, where it was previously very rare.

see:
    Whooping Cough Epidemic Hits California

This same holds for MANY communicable diseases. As the % of the population with resistance (from vaccinations) decreases, the incidence of disease increases. Eventually, something nasty (Whooping Cough? Polio? or ???) will be re-introduced to a non-immune population, and spread like wildfire.

While I am all for being well informed on ANYTHING health related, I am also all for preventing disease with proper immunization. The flu is one thing, but messing around with Polio, diptheria, etc... is not a chance I am taking with my kid.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Uh, no. Our immune system does not evolve quickly enough to have given us any immunity to the diseases of our grandparent's generation. As a matter of fact, modern medicine is PREVENTING natural selection by allowing the sick and diseased to reproduce. If both of your parents had no natural immunity to something, then barring some major mutation, neither do you.

Have you read the reports of Whooping cough? Folks had either a) chosen not get get vaxed, or b) arrived from a location that did not vax for this. Now, there have been MANY cases of whooping cough, where it was previously very rare.

see:
    Whooping Cough Epidemic Hits California

This same holds for MANY communicable diseases. As the % of the population with resistance (from vaccinations) decreases, the incidence of disease increases. Eventually, something nasty (Whooping Cough? Polio? or ???) will be re-introduced to a non-immune population, and spread like wildfire.

While I am all for being well informed on ANYTHING health related, I am also all for preventing disease with proper immunization. The flu is one thing, but messing around with Polio, diptheria, etc... is not a chance I am taking with my kid.

Then I must have a natural immunity. And the reason I said let it take two generations is because of the vaccinated generations. With having the vaccines in our bodies, our immune systems incorporated that and since most traits will skip a generation I'm willing to bet that our grandchildren's grandchildren would be immune.

Of course we'll never know because it obviously will never happen living in this drug induced generation.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think you missed my point. Generation after generation of Americans have been vaxed against those older pandemics. I'm willing to bet if we stop vaxing kids for a couple generations you'd see that we no longer need the vaccine.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, and I freely admit I may be wrong. I've heard that Chicken Pox has made a comeback. When my 36 yo son was little, I think they stopped vaccinating for Chicken Pox because it was pretty much eradicated. Now grandparents about my age are starting to get Rickkets (sp?) which is the adult (and more severe) form of Chicken Pox.

Tuberculosis had been eradicated in the US, but has reappeared in an antibiotic-resistant form, courtesy of immigrants.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Then I must have a natural immunity. And the reason I said let it take two generations is because of the vaccinated generations. With having the vaccines in our bodies, our immune systems incorporated that and since most traits will skip a generation I'm willing to bet that our grandchildren's grandchildren would be immune.

Of course we'll never know because it obviously will never happen living in this drug induced generation.

That's not how it works, unfortunately. Immunity by vaccination does not get incorporated into your genes, and does not get passed to your offspring. At the very most, an infant will receive some temporary antibodies via his mother's milk. Even these are not reproduced by the child's own immune system, and their protection will end once he stops breastfeeding.

Yes, you may have a strong immune system, and you may pass that on. However, if you get a diphtheria shot, then go have kids, they will produce NO antibodies against diphtheria. Every newborn's immune system starts from our genetic baseline. You may have an appropriate immune response, be sickly (poor response = the bugs win), or an overly aggressive response (allergies). There are some illnesses our immune system is simply not equipped to deal with (parasites, for instance), so we need a little outside help (vaccinations and medicine).

The human immune system is a marvelous thing! It was hard to wrap my head around in college, but in the end, it all makes a lot of sense. One important concept: there is no such thing as 100% immunity. It is all about how well your bodies defenses react to a threat. Vaccinations <> antibodies <> immunity. All a vaccination does is give your body a head start. Since you have seen the "illness" before, in the vaccine, your immune system is better able to respond. Kind of like studying for a test. You can't guarantee an "A", but you will surely do better than walking in cold!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, and I freely admit I may be wrong. I've heard that Chicken Pox has made a comeback. When my 36 yo son was little, I think they stopped vaccinating for Chicken Pox because it was pretty much eradicated. Now grandparents about my age are starting to get Rickkets (sp?) which is the adult (and more severe) form of Chicken Pox.

Tuberculosis had been eradicated in the US, but has reappeared in an antibiotic-resistant form, courtesy of immigrants.

Chicken Pox you can STILL get even after having the vaccination. Scabbies too. But you can get Scabbies even after having Chicken Pox. Ask my wife.

However, I would trust herbal remedies over drugs any day.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Either they have or they won't. Like I said, they can't make money curing diseases.

As usual your right,this works in many forms of business today.Remember when you use to be able to buy an appliance and it would last for 25 to 30 years? Then they discovered if they made them cheaper they could sell more and sustain business. Your lucky to get anything to last 10 years,there mand to last 7 I believe. Gotta have that turn around.

I believe they can do alot more with modern meds than most believe,did anyone catch the show,last week where they were growing ,ears,fingers,kidneys ect,in the lab and transplanting them successfully? More to these stories than most will ever know. I think its running on The Discovery Channel,Modern Marvels, I think. Very interesting

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Right on :yesway:

As we all know, modern diseases are caused by deficiencies in patented compounds.

Bah! Don't get me started on the patent system! Locking up anything naturally occurring is just plain wrong! I can see patenting the process to purify, extract, or synthesize. But the compound itself? And patenting genes? Come On!

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN

Ricketts is a childhood disease from malnutrition. The "adult" form of chicken pox is shingles.
    Rickets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's not how it works, unfortunately. Immunity by vaccination does not get incorporated into your genes, and does not get passed to your offspring. At the very most, an infant will receive some temporary antibodies via his mother's milk. Even these are not reproduced by the child's own immune system, and their protection will end once he stops breastfeeding.

Yes, you may have a strong immune system, and you may pass that on. However, if you get a diphtheria shot, then go have kids, they will produce NO antibodies against diphtheria. Every newborn's immune system starts from our genetic baseline. You may have an appropriate immune response, be sickly (poor response = the bugs win), or an overly aggressive response (allergies). There are some illnesses our immune system is simply not equipped to deal with (parasites, for instance), so we need a little outside help (vaccinations and medicine).

The human immune system is a marvelous thing! It was hard to wrap my head around in college, but in the end, it all makes a lot of sense. One important concept: there is no such thing as 100% immunity. It is all about how well your bodies defenses react to a threat. Vaccinations <> antibodies <> immunity. All a vaccination does is give your body a head start. Since you have seen the "illness" before, in the vaccine, your immune system is better able to respond. Kind of like studying for a test. You can't guarantee an "A", but you will surely do better than walking in cold!
    :yesway:

Chicken Pox you can STILL get even after having the vaccination. Scabbies too. But you can get Scabbies even after having Chicken Pox. Ask my wife.

However, I would trust herbal remedies over drugs any day.
    Scabbies are mites that infect your skin. "Kinda" like little bitty ticks, or chiggers. SE I think you also are thinking of shingles.
    Scabies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingles

I agree with you, even if you get the varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, you can/will still get the pox. It is "supposed" to be a less severe case.....YMMV.

Bah! Don't get me started on the patent system! Locking up anything naturally occurring is just plain wrong! I can see patenting the process to purify, extract, or synthesize. But the compound itself? And patenting genes? Come On!
    :yesway: :ingo:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Scabbies are mites that infect your skin. "Kinda" like little bitty ticks, or chiggers. SE I think you also are thinking of shingles.
    Scabies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with you, even if you get the varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, you can/will still get the pox. It is "supposed" to be a less severe case.....YMMV.

:yesway: :ingo:

Yes, Shingles. That's what my mother had. Thanks for the correction.

No, if it's suppose to be less severe, I should be dead I guess. :dunno: I had them (according to my doctor) the worst case he'd ever seen. And that was just a couple weeks after the vaccine was given. I got pics. It was pretty bad. :facepalm:

Now my mom had both shingles AND chicken pox. She'd had all the shots ever given.

I'm just saying if the vaccine isn't going to prevent the disease, you'd better off dealing with it as it comes. Like I said before, not ALL drugs are bad, but most of them are designed to have you coming back for more. There's a reason they are called drugs....

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    The first time you are exposed to Herpes varicella you, more than likely, will get "chicken pox". The virus runs its course in your body, then lies dormant in some nerve cells. At different points later in life, these virus can emerge from the cell and cause another "flare up", this is when you get "shingles." You can have chicken pox more than once, although it is rare, usually your body builds an immunity to it. You can have shingles many times throughout life. The nerves that the virus lie dormant in are usually those that run along the ribs, from your spinal cord to your chest. When the virus reactivates, the skin along that nerve usually breaks out in a red rash with blisters that open and is very very painful.
    Yes, chicken pox is caused by a Herpes virus.

Top Bottom