Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    These threads always go the same way. :D

"I don't like XXXXX Gunshop."

"You are stupid because you don't like XXXXX Gunshop."

"You must be a minion of XXXXX Gunshop."

"I want to tell you all about every personal experience I've ever had with XXXXX Gunshop."

"I posted in this thread about XXXXX Gunshop."

:laugh:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    These threads always go the same way. :D

"I don't like XXXXX Gunshop."

"You are stupid because you don't like XXXXX Gunshop."

"You must be a minion of XXXXX Gunshop."

"I want to tell you all about every personal experience I've ever had with XXXXX Gunshop."

"I posted in this thread about XXXXX Gunshop."

:laugh:
    We havent talked about gun shops for a few pages now :D

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Although I have only purchased one gun at Bradis, I wasn't too impressed. They were acceptably friendly and had a decent inventory, but I still prefer other shops. There are now lots of gun stores that have opened recently and are fighting for business. For me to select a shop now they must truly stand out. In Terre Haute there are at least eight gun stores. I have purchased firearms at a few of the stores, but choose to drive at lease an hour to my favorite shop for most of my purchases. The shops in Terre Haute simply don't deliver the level of service as my favorite store.

In this day and age a gun store really needs to focus on customer service due to the great amount of competition that they have.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I like Bradis, anyone know what happened to Richard (salesman) I hear he no longer works there but no one knows why? He was always friendly!

BabyB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Sorry to jump in and continue to beat a dead horse, but I would like to address the OP if that might be alright. First of all, I am an employee at Bradis. I do understand your frustration with being charged a fee for something that seems so trivial. We all get upset when our bank starts charging a fee for this or that....so I completely understand where
    you are coming from. I do think it needs to be stated that there is a very good reason this policy is in place. On a somewhat regular basis, we receive calls from customers whose guns have been stolen or are lost and they do not have their original paperwork. Understandably, they need their serial numbers to recover their firearms. Sometimes it takes five minutes because they have all the vital information we need to quickly find their receipt. Other times they are unsure of the year their firearm was purchased, it was sometime before our computer system was put into place, they have no other
    piece of the puzzle, and it could literally take hours to days to find them within 27 years of records. The $10 fee seems very fair to us, as it is the same for everyone, and also (hopefully) serves as a reminder to keep your original receipts in a safe place. I am sorry if you felt that you were treated unfairly, and if you so choose to revisit Bradis in the future, I hope your experience with us is much more pleasant.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Define impossible:
    Making customer 1 happy by having a counter person go in back to check for a record, while customer 2 stands at the counter and isnt helped, gets pissy and writes a little comment on the internet.

Making customer 2 happy by making sure all your employees are out on the counter, while customer 1 wants you to save him 5 minutes, gets pissy you wont, and writes a little comment on the internet.

I ask the OP... How is the LGS supposed to behave?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm surprised that anyone at Brandis has time to answer the phone. The majority of all LGS I call to see if they have something in stock to save a little gas money ends up a waste of time. There is no such thing as a free lunch. With the rush that is on right now the employees dont have the time to do the butt kissing they used to do to get you to buy from them.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sorry to jump in and continue to beat a dead horse, but I would like to address the OP if that might be alright. First of all, I am an employee at Bradis. I do understand your frustration with being charged a fee for something that seems so trivial. We all get upset when our bank starts charging a fee for this or that....so I completely understand where
    you are coming from. I do think it needs to be stated that there is a very good reason this policy is in place. On a somewhat regular basis, we receive calls from customers whose guns have been stolen or are lost and they do not have their original paperwork. Understandably, they need their serial numbers to recover their firearms. Sometimes it takes five minutes because they have all the vital information we need to quickly find their receipt. Other times they are unsure of the year their firearm was purchased, it was sometime before our computer system was put into place, they have no other
    piece of the puzzle, and it could literally take hours to days to find them within 27 years of records. The $10 fee seems very fair to us, as it is the same for everyone, and also (hopefully) serves as a reminder to keep your original receipts in a safe place. I am sorry if you felt that you were treated unfairly, and if you so choose to revisit Bradis in the future, I hope your experience with us is much more pleasant.

This is the best response from ANYONE on this thread. +1 to you.

Never A Victim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I was told years ago that if you treat someone right (especially in the gun business) they might tell a few people. If you do someone wrong, they will tell EVERYONE.

I don't really think that Bradis has done anyone "wrong." But...unless they get dozens of these types of inquires a week, I can't see how it would be hard to tell them it will be a day or two and then you can stop in to get the information in person once you prove who you are. As a business owner, I'd do everything in my power to get someone BACK in my store in hopes they'd buy something else. Bradis can do things how they like, I just disagree.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Time consuming

I was told years ago that if you treat someone right (especially in the gun business) they might tell a few people. If you do someone wrong, they will tell EVERYONE.

I don't really think that Bradis has done anyone "wrong." But...unless they get dozens of these types of inquires a week, I can't see how it would be hard to tell them it will be a day or two and then you can stop in to get the information in person once you prove who you are. As a business owner, I'd do everything in my power to get someone BACK in my store in hopes they'd buy something else. Bradis can do things how they like, I just disagree.

We have gone that route on many occasions just to not have the person ever show up. We have then paid an employee to do a search that was not needed thereby taking them away from the salesfloor(paying customer)

Top Bottom