• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, after looking at another thread, and looking at some products out there... How are those not buttstocks? I mean, really, does anyone ever wrap that strap around their forearm? Am I suppose to do that with a home defense [STRIKE]SBR[/STRIKE] pistol?

I'm just thinking, how are these not illegal without a stamp? I'm not a fan of Byzantine laws, so when I see these, but then someone says, "no, you see, we add this useless bit of velcro and then we pretend there's a loophole in the law..." :dunno:

Oh for crip sake. Really.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not surprised.
    Remember, when they come for your guns it will be "fellow gun owners" who turn you in. For the safety of our officers of coarse.
    They called them tories during the 1st revolution.

When they make them illegal, don't trust anyone but yourself and the guy marching nect to you with his

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    So, after looking at another thread, and looking at some products out there... How are those not buttstocks? I mean, really, does anyone ever wrap that strap around their forearm? Am I suppose to do that with a home defense [STRIKE]SBR[/STRIKE] pistol?

I'm just thinking, how are these not illegal without a stamp? I'm not a fan of Byzantine laws, so when I see these, but then someone says, "no, you see, we add this useless bit of velcro and then we pretend there's a loophole in the law..." :dunno:

Sounds like something David Hogg would say. :bs:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    What really drives me nuts is that most politicians on the far left are wanting to ban this and that only for their political gain. It has nothing to do with safety or crime (mass shootings). The public is easily swayed by sensationalized reports when these terrible crimes are committed. Many in the news media and political left will not be happy until all guns and ammunition are outlawed for ownership by private citizens. I recently saw a clip, the topic of which was that the Gabby Gifford anti-gun lobby is calling for "sensible laws" controlling muzzle loaders. Are you kidding me?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What really drives me nuts is that most politicians on the far left are wanting to ban this and that only for their political gain. It has nothing to do with safety or crime (mass shootings). The public is easily swayed by sensationalized reports when these terrible crimes are committed. Many in the news media and political left will not be happy until all guns and ammunition are outlawed for ownership by private citizens. I recently saw a clip, the topic of which was that the Gabby Gifford anti-gun lobby is calling for "sensible laws" controlling muzzle loaders. Are you kidding me?
    No they are deadly serious.
    The existing system fails Gifford’s. So more laws are not the answer. Make the existing laws and system actually work as intended.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette

Not sure if trolling... I read this in purple. Im just gonna pretend it is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not sure if trolling... I read this in purple. Im just gonna pretend it is.

Personal opinions are varied. That we have them is really OK. But how we express them.....now that is where this gets critical.
    How many members in this forum have an AR pistol. I for 1 have used that brace in the manner intended. But then again the ATF said it was OK to shoulder it.

Lets not give them any ideas. And any of you knuckleheads that think we are in here alone......Stop posting please because we are not. Broad brush used here. No purple implied or intended.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good God. It is little wonder Liberty is so easily eroded.

Really? I'm not gonna pretend to be dumb.

Edit: I changed the post, so the issue is that Jetta said something aloud that we all understand, but just don't want admitted?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So the issue is that Jetta said something aloud that we all understand, but just don't want admitted?
    Seems that way.

I figured I'd take some heat for "speaking the unspeakable reality". :flamethrower:

Here's a novel idea: Get SBR's removed from the NFA list.

The general consensus is that solvent traps are a one way ticket to the slammer, and should be avoided. I haven't heard any INGOer accusing someone of trolling for saying that. But here's a thing that serves the same purpose (to bypass NFA rules), but...

I don't want to see braces banned, because I really don't want anything banned. I'm just saying it's better to change our convoluted laws, than try to create loopholes. (that's pretty much true for everything) Of course, that's a steep hill to climb. And should that loophole get closed, don't act likes it some terrible infringement - it's already illegal. Honestly, kudos to whoever convinced the ATF that shooters want to strap their guns to their forearms.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Seems that way.

I figured I'd take some heat for "speaking the unspeakable reality". :flamethrower:

The general consensus is that solvent traps are a one way ticket to the slammer, and should be avoided. I haven't heard any INGOer accusing someone of trolling for saying that. But here's a thing that serves the same purpose (to bypass NFA rules), but...

I don't want to see braces banned, because I really don't want anything banned. I'm just saying it's better to change our convoluted laws, than try to create loopholes. (that's pretty much true for everything) Of course, that's a steep hill to climb. And should that loophole get closed, don't act likes it some terrible infringement - it's already illegal. Honestly, kudos to whoever convinced the ATF that shooters want to strap their guns to their forearms.

Solvent traps are fine. One group I'm in posts 30 to 40 form 1 cans manufactured from them daily. You just can't get one pre drilled

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seems that way.

Then say it that way. I did not want bump stocks banned either but to me they are/were a toy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How many people had bumpstocks vs how many have braces?

CM said it right, bumpstocks were toys. Braces are usable tools, that improve the handling and thus usable accuracy of the pistol.

:soapbox:

It's pie in the sky to think we'll get ANYTHING done in gun owner's favor in the foreseeable future, much less get SBR's off the NFA. That ship sailed while we focused on the wrong things. We should have gotten suppressors off the NFA, while we had the chance. :nono:

As it is now, we'll be very lucky to keep the 2A intact. With the ALL OF THE enemy boldly declaring that they will take away our semi-auto firearms as their democratic platform, it is becoming the new chant of entertainers, news media and the naive youth.

Who knows what is to become of the pistol brace, as a useful tool? As a few have mentioned above though, smart folks should not fan flames unnecessarily. No reason to wave the flag to the anti's so they can fuel their discussions and actions from our discussion.

IMHO, this whole thread does us, as gun owners, no good what so ever. :twocents:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    How many people had bumpstocks vs how many have braces?

CM said it right, bumpstocks were toys. Braces are usable tools, that improve the handling and thus usable accuracy of the pistol.

:soapbox:

It's pie in the sky to think we'll get ANYTHING done in gun owner's favor in the foreseeable future, much less get SBR's off the NFA. That ship sailed while we focused on the wrong things. We should have gotten suppressors off the NFA, while we had the chance. :nono:

As it is now, we'll be very lucky to keep the 2A intact. With the ALL OF THE enemy boldly declaring that they will take away our semi-auto firearms as their democratic platform, it is becoming the new chant of entertainers, news media and the naive youth.

Who knows what is to become of the pistol brace, as a useful tool? As a few have mentioned above though, smart folks should not fan flames unnecessarily. No reason to wave the flag to the anti's so they can fuel their discussions and actions from our discussion.

IMHO, this whole thread does us, as gun owners, no good what so ever. :twocents:

You realize that short barrel shotguns got nfa'd because ppl thought they were toys. What was it no military use so they weren't protected by the second. Bumpstocks were /are not toys they were accessories that were totems into machine guns by a simple rule change. A watershed event that will have long term ramifications. It only serves anti gunners for the 2a community to discount them away.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    And the whole point of this thread was to let our community know of a threat to our rights. For the purpose of mobilizing a group of letters and calls to congressmen to oppose further infringement.

Top Bottom