• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I never go to bars either (mostly because I don't drink), but I did go out last night for a few hours to see some old friends from my school days. There was no sign at this bar either. I had on my Sig SP2022 9mm, and the 3 pocket knives I usually carry, Kershaw blur, Coldsteel gunsite2 and a 2 inch blade Gerber.. I stayed seated except to go to the bathroom but I din't have a problem. My sweatshirt and T-shirt hid what I had on pretty well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've carried openly in several bars (Top Notch in Brookston, Corner Tavern in Cicero, Lafayette Brewing Company are what come to mind right now). They were places where they also served food (which is why I was there), but I've never had a problem. It might be a different story at some "club" in Indianpolis or Gary, though.

alxjmrk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Indy, Nora area
    last time i got urine tested they said "remove everything"..... i told her i had to go back to my car, then. she said no, for obivous reasons when giving a drug test. i told her, "well, then i need somewhere to lock my firearm."...... :popcorn: she said, "oh. uh. then.... you can keep that on......"

...haha yeah. been there. she gave me a half-hearted smile and a deep breath, but was kind.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I do most of my drinking at home, and when I carry a gun I keep it concealed as much as possible, its not illegal to carry a gun in a bar Indiana, as it is in many states. may be agaisnt their rules, then you have the right to not spend your money there. The general public and many large corporations have no idea how many people are legally armed pretty much every where they go. I bought a 22 rifle for my son at walmart a few years ago and they put it in the box, taped it up with shipping tape and had a young female mgr walk me out to my truck with it, I asked her why and she said they didnt want to take a chance with a customer having a gun in the store, i couldnt resist pulling up my shirt and showing her my Kimber in an iwb holster

x2bax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ^ They did the same thing to me at Dick's when I bought a .22 rifle, walked me all the way to the car and put it in the trunk. I was carrying my 709 the entire time. I thought it was pretty funny. He also questioned if I was old enough to buy the gun ( 18 for a long gun right?) I'm 26 6'2 275lbs with a full beard, really?

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    G/f just posted on her facebook that she never wants to go to Growlers. She was going to do some acoustic jamming Tuesdays, but I guess someone told her there was another stabbing over the weekend in the parking lot. I searched the news but didn't find anything, so I don't know who informed her but not the police. Sad that she knows I'll be armed, but she still won't go.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I would suggest - to the suggestable reader - that having even one drink while carrying is not a good idea. Not because you'll somehow be impared, but because of the legal issues that might come up should you need to use your gun. Granted, legal is legal, and if you blow under the limit you are not "drunk", but in the event of a court case, I'm of the opinion that when the State starts grilling me and asks how much I had to drink that night, being able to say "Absolutely ZERO" is in my best interest.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I would suggest - to the suggestable reader - that having even one drink while carrying is not a good idea. Not because you'll somehow be impared, but because of the legal issues that might come up should you need to use your gun. Granted, legal is legal, and if you blow under the limit you are not "drunk", but in the event of a court case, I'm of the opinion that when the State starts grilling me and asks how much I had to drink that night, being able to say "Absolutely ZERO" is in my best interest.

Note, I don't drink, but if I did, I'm of the opinion that if I get murdered because I wasn't carrying, I'm not going to care very much that the medical examine will be able to tell the detectives that I had had a drink or two.

If the State were grilling you and asking how much you had to drink at least you'd be there to be grilled.

Just sayin'.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Note, I don't drink, but if I did, I'm of the opinion that if I get murdered because I wasn't carrying, I'm not going to care very much that the medical examine will be able to tell the detectives that I had had a drink or two.

If the State were grilling you and asking how much you had to drink at least you'd be there to be grilled.

Just sayin'.

I didn't realize that I at any time suggested not carrying a gun - all I said was I don't drink when I do, and none of us probably should as a CYA (Of course, I don't drink anyway, but that would be my advice.)

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    G/f just posted on her facebook that she never wants to go to Growlers. She was going to do some acoustic jamming Tuesdays, but I guess someone told her there was another stabbing over the weekend in the parking lot. I searched the news but didn't find anything, so I don't know who informed her but not the police. Sad that she knows I'll be armed, but she still won't go.

Someone taking a knife back to their car, no doubt. :rolleyes:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I didn't realize that I at any time suggested not carrying a gun - all I said was I don't drink when I do, and none of us probably should as a CYA (Of course, I don't drink anyway, but that would be my advice.)

So basically, you are saying "don't drink."

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Newspaper finally posted the story about the stabbing over the weekend.

Two men charged in stabbing Saturday at Highland bar

HIGHLAND | Two people have been charged in connection with a stabbing early Saturday morning at Growlers Bar, 2816 Highway Ave., police said.
    Police said they were called to the bar to investigate. The victim was treated at a local hospital and released. After police investigated, two men were charged through the Lake County Prosecutor's office on battery-related counts.
    Charged with two counts of felony battery was Joshua James Wright, 24, of Highland. One count of misdemeanor battery was filed against Lucas Muse, 24, of Highland.

Turns out the "victim" is an ex-b/f of a girl I know. He usually starts crap in whatever bar he goes to. So he may have been trying to get his butt kicked, but the escalation of a knife wasn't necessary.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    A sign of age

:rolleyes:I remember going to a bar about 30 years ago while wearing a Buck type lockblade in a sheath on my belt and being asked to leave my knife with the bartender. Of course they didn't notice my Browning HiPower 9mm in an IWB holster or the little Astra Cub .25 in my pocket. Of course I'm smarter nowdays, I wear a neck-knife, carry a Kahr K40 on my belt and a KelTec P32 in my pocket. I'm a big guy and have more than enough (too much) fat to help mask things so nothing ever prints!!!:lol2:

Top Bottom