• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I think I would have put my knife in the car as you did ...
    but when I left for the evening on my way out I would have called the bouncer over Told him I was sorry about the deal with carrying the knife , Then Winked at him and said ...."but i do apprectiate you not asking me to put my pistol in the car " smiled and walked out the door ...

But thats just me ....lol:ingo::patriot:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    but when I left for the evening on my way out I would have called the bouncer over Told him I was sorry about the deal with carrying the knife , Then Winked at him and said ...."but i do apprectiate you not asking me to put my pistol in the car " smiled and walked out the door ...

M:laughthat would be hilarious.....maybe next time:D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

I hope you'd be out of arm's reach when you say that :): You don't want to set off the touchy bouncer looking for an excuse to "bounce" someone. :40oz:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Had a guy at the Vogue tell me to leave the "knife" in the car. I did promptly (out of snark-alec habit) ask him "Which one of the three?" I had to go back to the car again when I asked him if the .38 on my ankle was an issue as well... :D We was actually cool about it and he said if he could do it, he would run a check in station. He hated BroadRipple and thought folks SHOULD be armed. Tall guy, bit of a gut, semi-bald (aka Jesse Ventura style).

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Hey! Grow up with Catholic parents and you become a bona fide expert or you spend a lot of time either grounded and/or nursing a reddened and sore byoo-tox!

Your real name wouldn't be Pulver by any chance would it? ;)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bouncer: "We don't put it on the sign because it will scare customers off when they see the word knife. They might think we have a knife problem."

LOL. Wouldn't those same people who are scared by the utterance of the word knife also take comfort in the fact that they are prohibited?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    LOL. Wouldn't those same people who are scared by the utterance of the word knife also take comfort in the fact that they are prohibited?

Isnt that the truth?! Sheeple even see that something is prohibited, they think "OMGWTFSHTFBBQ" at this place! Some folks see the world through rose colored glasses, I am glad you do not Rambone, to serve as example. Vigilance and preparedness favor those in bad times!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    No, but I do get about as much respect as an ensign!

And you deserve every bit of it. ;)

Edit: I wonder how many folk here have absolutely no clue what we're talking about. ;)

Edit2: Okay. I hit edit. I know I hit edit. So why did this turn into a second post?

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I once went to the hospital for an ultrasound on a swollen knee. It turned out to be a blood clot and they absolutely insisted on putting me in a wheelchair and admitting me immediately. When it came time to turn over valuables to secure in the safe, I gave them my (by then unloaded) pocket pistol. They asked me to have someone come and get it, so I did. When my girlfriend arrived, they couldn't find it! They hadn't put it in the safe at all! Later an admin type came to my room and told me I was lucky they didn't call the police and have me arrested. I told him he would be wasting the police officer's time as I have a permit to carry and there were no signs posted.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I once went to the hospital for an ultrasound on a swollen knee. It turned out to be a blood clot and they absolutely insisted on putting me in a wheelchair and admitting me immediately. When it came time to turn over valuables to secure in the safe, I gave them my (by then unloaded) pocket pistol. They asked me to have someone come and get it, so I did. When my girlfriend arrived, they couldn't find it! They hadn't put it in the safe at all! Later an admin type came to my room and told me I was lucky they didn't call the police and have me arrested. I told him he would be wasting the police officer's time as I have a permit to carry and there were no signs posted.

Did you get the gun back? Otherwise a police officer should have been called and they should have been charged with theft.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    devils advocate. he was probly doing as he was told. or maybe he has been threaten with a knife by drunkards. i know i have. its not a fun situation. not everyone has the self control or intelligence to carry a qtip, let alone something which is designed like a knife.

i dont tell anyone to take items back to their car. but rest assured i deal with people i KNOW are armed (though sight, or mannerisms, or similiar) much differently, and violently, than those who i believe are not.

i am by no means a nazi about people carrying items. i really don't care. but be prepared to encounter people with a completely different perspective.... the guy IS in a dangerous job (if you think otherwise, work the door at a few dives once or twice) and is making an attempt (a rather feeble one) on making himself safe.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I know what bar you were at. There has been problems there in the past. People grabbing other people knives...either to steal, or just because they are drunk. The last think a bouncer wants is a drunk guy with a knife. If they can see, they don't really care, they just don't want it to be exposed. They are trying to keep the other patrons safe as well as themselves. Trust me they are not anti-knife. And thanks for playing it cool, as a bouncer myself I appreciate it, and sometimes we are just following policy ourselves.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    bouncer are typically a friendly lot. though you can only take so many morons sayin, "your the bouncer. ha. i could/will kick your butt.".....

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    devils advocate. he was probly doing as he was told. or maybe he has been threaten with a knife by drunkards. i know i have. its not a fun situation. not everyone has the self control or intelligence to carry a qtip, let alone something which is designed like a knife.

i dont tell anyone to take items back to their car. but rest assured i deal with people i KNOW are armed (though sight, or mannerisms, or similiar) much differently, and violently, than those who i believe are not.

i am by no means a nazi about people carrying items. i really don't care. but be prepared to encounter people with a completely different perspective.... the guy IS in a dangerous job (if you think otherwise, work the door at a few dives once or twice) and is making an attempt (a rather feeble one) on making himself safe.

I understand. I was totally cool and polite with the guy. He was also coolwith me in return. I didn't really know what I was walking into. I had no idea that it was the type of joint that it was. And I do understand the reason to have no visible weapons. If I would have been to the place before, I would have been a bit more careful.:D

I know what bar you were at. There has been problems there in the past. People grabbing other people knives...either to steal, or just because they are drunk. The last think a bouncer wants is a drunk guy with a knife. If they can see, they don't really care, they just don't want it to be exposed. They are trying to keep the other patrons safe as well as themselves. Trust me they are not anti-knife. And thanks for playing it cool, as a bouncer myself I appreciate it, and sometimes we are just following policy ourselves.

yeah, I usually give them the benefit of the doubt....I totally understood why he pulled me aside......I just wish they would post a sign.....I suppose now I know.

bouncer are typically a friendly lot. though you can only take so many morons sayin, "your the bouncer. ha. i could/will kick your butt.".....

As a musician, I have played well over a thousand bar shows throughout my twenties all over the country. I have alot of experience with bouncers and door guys of all types. Most of the time, they are working for my benefit...collecting money and keeping the bar safe. I usually end up taking a few shots with them after hours:40oz: I have a great deal of respect for them and know their job is far from easy. Be safe out there guys :yesway:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I wonder if the technician doing my new job drug screening test was nervous when I emptied my pockets and pulled my knife out? Fortunately it was my smaller CRKT/Ken Onion Ripple rather than the all black and larger Spec Bump. hehe

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    As a musician, I have played well over a thousand bar shows throughout my twenties all over the country. I have alot of experience with bouncers and door guys of all types. Most of the time, they are working for my benefit...collecting money and keeping the bar safe. I usually end up taking a few shots with them after hours:40oz: I have a great deal of respect for them and know their job is far from easy. Be safe out there guys :yesway:

I am going out on a limb here and going to guess you are a member of Groovatron? Seen you guys at the 'trap a few times. Meant to ask you this sooner but it had escaped my mind.

You handled this pretty well and had I been in your shoes I probably would have done the same, but maybe not with the patience you did...I imagine myself scoffing at the guy and then reluctantly agreeing to do as he wanted me to.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I wonder if the technician doing my new job drug screening test was nervous when I emptied my pockets and pulled my knife out? Fortunately it was my smaller CRKT/Ken Onion Ripple rather than the all black and larger Spec Bump. hehe

last time i got urine tested they said "remove everything"..... i told her i had to go back to my car, then. she said no, for obivous reasons when giving a drug test. i told her, "well, then i need somewhere to lock my firearm."...... :popcorn: she said, "oh. uh. then.... you can keep that on......"

Top Bottom