• rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mr. Wad:

Res ipsa.

In Latin, you just said: "the very thing." Lolwut?

flz9a.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I step away from this thread for a couple of days and an argument breaks out over the weakness of using Google translate to attempt to look smart...sounds about right.

davidw221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    I would look at the CIA and their UNCLE who was married to the daughter of a high ranking CIA official!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Having read some things linked in this thread, I feel like I know less.

Not less about the bombing, really.......just less.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I thought pot didn't affect the brain? At least thats what I've read a bazillion times on INGO.

*throws down clipboard* Look, do you have to go over this yet again?

Chemical are dangerous, unless they are illegal drugs, then they are completely harmless.

Now write it down this time!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Apropos of a comment made by Churchman upthread: One of the proven techniques of insurrectionists/revolutionists is to commit acts of terrorism in an effort to cause the government to react - usually by stifling personal freedom. This is why Anarchists (as opposed to anarchists) and other "radicals" call for violence and either perpetrate acts of violence or encourage them. It's also what the various jihadists are advocating both here and abroad in an effort to provoke such responses to destabilize Western governments. I'm not certain what a republic can do about such threats - failure to take measures to curb such attacks lead to destabilization as much as government repression. I guess about the only thing a republic can do is minimize areas of vulnerability (gun-free zones, etc), allow citizens to take such actions as necessary to respond to and neutralize terror threats. It also takes a willingness to understand that defending against terrorism will not be without innocent casualties, and an equal willingness to deter or destroy terrorists with as much destruction as is necessary.

Top Bottom