• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not usually a proponent of the death penalty. Not because I disagree with the justice of a life for a life, but that I have low confidence in our justice system to get it right. And when it comes to paying the ultimate price, they better get that one right. Better to let a murderer escape the death penalty than to kill an innocent. But this one is a slam dunk. Tsarnaev did it and he should pay that price for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    4571273a6b16d1baff088a78b2ac275f.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm not usually a proponent of the death penalty. Not because I disagree with the justice of a life for a life, but that I have low confidence in our justice system to get it right. And when it comes to paying the ultimate price, they better get that one right. Better to let a murderer escape the death penalty than to kill an innocent. But this one is a slam dunk. Tsarnaev did it and he should pay that price for it.

I appreciate the position.

It is just part of why, in any matter, the better result is that in which an aggressor is dispatched by its intended victim during commission its attack.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I have an ethical qualm with the death penalty. Not because it's killing someone, but because it's putting people with nothing to lose behind bars for years before rolling them out for some super sterile method of execution.

It'd be more ethical to sentence these people to gladiatorial combat, with the potential of winning a life sentence. At least they're giving something back to society in the process, through entertainment.
    Or just drag them out behind the court house afterwards and put a bullet in their head.

It seems like a lot of potential value being thrown down the drain because of modest views on criminal punishment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My thoughts pretty much exactly. When there is no doubt and the crime is that bad, it is appropriate. Gacy, Dahmer, and this guy are examples that come to mind.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "A jury convicted Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on all counts and sentenced him to death. But the 1st Circuit threw out his death sentences. It ruled that the trial judge should have asked all potential jurors what media coverage they had seen or heard about Tsarnaev’s case. It also held that the judge, during the sentencing phase of the trial, should not have excluded evidence that Tamerlan was involved in a separate, unsolved triple murder in 2011. Especially when Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s lawyers argued that he had been swayed by his brother to commit the crimes, the court of appeals said, the evidence of Tamerlan’s possible involvement in the 2011 triple murder was “highly probative of Tamerlan’s ability to influence his brother.”"

I don't know how I missed when that initially happened but that is a ludicrous ruling. That is beyond grasping at straws.

Top Bottom