• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    All execution will do is turn into a public freak show of a bunch of people chanting for a stay of execution and another bunch chanting for his execution. It turns into a media frenzy with his jackass name all over the place again with his supporters calling him a martyr. Throw him into a hardcore prison with a bunch of hardcore felons. He won't fit in with the white, black, or Mexican gangs. He'll be a public ***** getting a regular beatdown and raping. There he will die in anonymity either of natural causes or getting shanked. Nobody will remember him.

Make a spectacle with an execution and he'll live forever. Throw him in prison and he just disappears.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All execution will do is turn into a public freak show of a bunch of people chanting for a stay of execution and another bunch chanting for his execution. It turns into a media frenzy with his jackass name all over the place again with his supporters calling him a martyr. Throw him into a hardcore prison with a bunch of hardcore felons. He won't fit in with the white, black, or Mexican gangs. He'll be a public ***** getting a regular beatdown and raping. There he will die in anonymity either of natural causes or getting shanked. Nobody will remember him.

Make a spectacle with an execution and he'll live forever. Throw him in prison and he just disappears.
    You mean we can't shoot him with an anti-aircraft gun at 100 yards?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    You mean we can't shoot him with an anti-aircraft gun at 100 yards?

I have no problem with the death penalty. But I'm taking into consideration that anti-death penalty groups tend to publicize those about to be executed. I say let him finish out his miserable life in prison as just a number.

But if you want to use an anti-aircraft gun or a gun from a Warthog I'll watch.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    What is the rational to not execute him and have life in prison? He's already a hero to his "community" and like minded religious fanatics. He will be used to further the cause regardless of if he is executed or not. Paying for his lifetime in prison is ridiculous. Giving him the opportunity to recruit more fanatics in prison is dangerous. Prison is a notorious place where the "religion" of islam is growing. What should happen is a speedy execution with no media, nothing at all, be done with it and move on. But of course the right thing cant happen anymore in this country with the divisive political atmosphere that is wrecking everything. He does not deserve to have his food paid for by you.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Why do Indiana taxpayers get saddled with the expense of taking care of this murderous criminal until justice is served? He should be the ward of Mass, where he commited his crimes. Ray Charles could see the man is guilty, let him talk to the Chaplain and then drop him into eternity, whatever that looks like for him..

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why do Indiana taxpayers get saddled with the expense of taking care of this murderous criminal until justice is served? He should be the ward of Mass, where he commited his crimes. Ray Charles could see the man is guilty, let him talk to the Chaplain and then drop him into eternity, whatever that looks like for him..

I'd rather see it as a privilege. I'm happy to live in the state that will end his life.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ... Throw him into a hardcore prison with a bunch of hardcore felons. He won't fit in with the white, black, or Mexican gangs. He'll be a public ***** getting a regular beatdown and raping. There he will die in anonymity either of natural causes or getting shanked. Nobody will remember him.
    Hardly.

Many, many, many people carry this mammoth misconception. Did Charles Manson just "die in anonymity"? You already know the answer to that. In fact, that scumbag may have more 'supporters' than the years prior to his incarceration.

Even though receiving the death penalty, was Manson ever put to death? You know the answer to that, as well. Manson will die in prison, but most assuredly NOT in obscurity.

Will Tsarnaev become a "public ***** getting a regular beatdown and raping"? You can well bet against it. If that scenario happens even once to this low-life scumbag, there will most likely be a veritable plethora of lawsuits against the prison system who 'failed to look out for the well-being of this poor boy just getting ready to turn his life around until being led down this evil path by his (p.o.s.) brother'.

The libtards would have a field day with his 'unfortunate incarceration' and 'despicable treatment' in prison, and demand retribution against the prison, the Warden, the Correctional Officers, the State, and anyone else they could think of.

His execution would assuredly not make any more 'a martyr' of him than he is NOW. It would assuredly not create 'more supporters' than he already has. The terrorists and their minions are assuredly not going to 'hate us more'.

Once again, some people simply fail to realize who they're dealing with. By now, it should be obvious. Unfortunately, some just refuse to accept it, to their detriment and potential harm. Their choice.

Tsarnaev should be immediately executed and rid the world of him. But he won't be, at least any time in the foreseeable future. No, he'll live quite a long time and many will come to his 'defense', come to 'admire' him, maybe even propose marriage. He'll live a (relatively) comfortable life and have the opportunity to raise additional 'converts' in prison from people who already 'hate the system' because they've been 'adversely affected' by it.

He'll be visited by a multitude of lawyers and reporters, all hoping to get rich and find 'fame and glory' while allowing his 'voice' to fill their court filings, blogs, and magazines. After all, he's just 'misunderstood', you see. They'll make a 'star' of this terrorist in the near future and his "15 minutes of fame" will likely stretch into many years.

EXCEPT by those that understand the mindset, and the objective.

Execute him and be done with him. Don't even give him the burial he's guaranteed to demand. Ironically, he'll use the same 'system' he despises to do just that, if he's allowed to do so.

And even some on INGO will 'defend' his 'right to do so'. :facepalm:

Welcome, to the real world.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    True on McVeigh, however Juan Garza was executed at Terre Haute around 8 days later and Garza tried appealing his to the end and he was on Death Row for only a couple more years than McVeigh. Louis Jones was executed at Terre Haute in 2003 and gave up his appeals after a point however from the time of his arrest (1995) to his execution (2003) was 8 years. There have been sever inmates at Terre Haute that have had dates set but then cancelled because of a stay/appeal etc. Even had a date for a Military Death Row inmate from Leavenworth that was stayed.

While courts do play a major role the biggest hurdle to Federal Executions the last few years is now gone....Eric Holder

Fair enough. We'll compromise - 8-10 years of appeals (recognizing the circuit Massachusetts is in), then an injection.

Although, I also wonder if he'll waive his direct appeal and skip straight to execution. I honestly don't know if they can do that in the federal system. But, that would align with martyrdom.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

This is a Federal crime so it's federal monies even though most Indiana folks pay federal taxes so do 50 other states residences, just saying

Fair enough. We'll compromise - 8-10 years of appeals (recognizing the circuit Massachusetts is in), then an injection.

Although, I also wonder if he'll waive his direct appeal and skip straight to execution. I honestly don't know if they can do that in the federal system. But, that would align with martyrdom.

He can however the problem with this is a lot of the anti death penalty groups/lawyers etc still take up a case trying to appeal even if the convicted person declines it. The convicted party usually wins out however it does do one thing that is in their play book....bog down the courts for a minute.

While with the new USAG there is more likely hood of a Federal execution it won't be the Boston bomber yet, If everything goes right and he refuses any appeals it will take 5 ish years minimum from seeing past practices. But remember the new USAG more than likely has less than 2 years in Office and it could swing back the other way, totally depends on the 2016 election.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I strongly suspect that, regardless who the AG is, the 1st Circuit will delay the appeals (even involuntary ones) as long as they can.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I strongly suspect that, regardless who the AG is, the 1st Circuit will delay the appeals (even involuntary ones) as long as they can.

The 1st can be that way but no one takes the cake in that area like the 9th on the west coast (California)

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Hardly.

Many, many, many people carry this mammoth misconception. Did Charles Manson just "die in anonymity"? You already know the answer to that. In fact, that scumbag may have more 'supporters' than the years prior to his incarceration.

Manson was very popular in prison. Especially with the Aryan Brotherhood to which he was a sexual submissive. So, I suppose he had their support.

Even though receiving the death penalty, was Manson ever put to death? You know the answer to that, as well. Manson will die in prison, but most assuredly NOT in obscurity.

While sentenced to death, soon after the death penalty was abolished in California. Obscurity? You bet! The only reason he was in the news at all lately was because some broad wanted to marry him so she could claim possession of his corpse and put it one display. His notoriety pretty much ended in the '80s or '90s.

Will Tsarnaev become a "public ***** getting a regular beatdown and raping"? You can well bet against it. If that scenario happens even once to this low-life scumbag, there will most likely be a veritable plethora of lawsuits against the prison system who 'failed to look out for the well-being of this poor boy just getting ready to turn his life around until being led down this evil path by his (p.o.s.) brother'.

He'll be a *****. If he's not a ***** it'll be because he gets stuffed into solitary to keep him alive.

The libtards would have a field day with his 'unfortunate incarceration' and 'despicable treatment' in prison, and demand retribution against the prison, the Warden, the Correctional Officers, the State, and anyone else they could think of.

Like I said, if he were to go to prison for life he'd disappear. Maybe when he died it would be mentioned on the 11 o'clock news.

His execution would assuredly not make any more 'a martyr' of him than he is NOW. It would assuredly not create 'more supporters' than he already has. The terrorists and their minions are assuredly not going to 'hate us more'.

Killing him makes a huge martyr of him. Prison? He's just another prisoner. Maybe it'll get some 55 IQ idiots worked up into a frenzy and they'll sit and talk about how they're going to make a right mess of things right before they head off to their minimum wage job.

Once again, some people simply fail to realize who they're dealing with. By now, it should be obvious. Unfortunately, some just refuse to accept it, to their detriment and potential harm. Their choice.

Tsarnaev should be immediately executed and rid the world of him. But he won't be, at least any time in the foreseeable future. No, he'll live quite a long time and many will come to his 'defense', come to 'admire' him, maybe even propose marriage. He'll live a (relatively) comfortable life and have the opportunity to raise additional 'converts' in prison from people who already 'hate the system' because they've been 'adversely affected' by it.

He'll be visited by a multitude of lawyers and reporters, all hoping to get rich and find 'fame and glory' while allowing his 'voice' to fill their court filings, blogs, and magazines. After all, he's just 'misunderstood', you see. They'll make a 'star' of this terrorist in the near future and his "15 minutes of fame" will likely stretch into many years.

I agree with you here.

EXCEPT by those that understand the mindset, and the objective.

Execute him and be done with him. Don't even give him the burial he's guaranteed to demand. Ironically, he'll use the same 'system' he despises to do just that, if he's allowed to do so.

And even some on INGO will 'defend' his 'right to do so'. :facepalm:

Welcome, to the real world.

We shall see what we shall see.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rolling Stone cover boy received the official death sentence today

Marathon survivors deliver impact statements at Tsarnaev?s formal sentencing - Massachusetts news - Boston.com

Judge O'Toole to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev : "I sentence you to the penalty of death by execution."

Tsarnaev: 'I am sorry for the lives that I have taken'

Judge: "Whenever your name is mentioned, what will be remembered is the evil you did."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/us/tsarnaev-boston-marathon-bombing-death-sentencing/index.html

Edit: He's coming to Indy

http://wishtv.com/2015/06/24/boston-bomber-headed-to-indiana-for-death-sentence/

Last edited:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Actually coming to Terre Haute, of another note, the Somali pirate who was portrayed in the movie "Captain Phillips" is serving a 33 year sentence here already. Also a high ranking member of MS13 is already here on death row. There is others also. Can't forget about the former Illinois Governors who have spent time there.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Electrocution is what they are saying here. Excellent. He was convicted under federal charges and got the federal death penalty. Not sure why they just didn;t send him to NH. They have a death penalty for some up there.
    You INGO Liberty types will like this. The people of Massachusetts have voted twice rto reinstate the death penalty on the last 20 years. The legislature overruled the people. Last time by one vote.......

EDIT: Yes he deserves to die....and I hope he burns in hell.......

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Electrocution is what they are saying here. Excellent. He was convicted under federal charges and got the federal death penalty. Not sure why they just didn;t send him to NH. They have a death penalty for some up there.
    You INGO Liberty types will like this. The people of Massachusetts have voted twice rto reinstate the death penalty on the last 20 years. The legislature overruled the people. Last time by one vote.......

EDIT: Yes he deserves to die....and I hope he burns in hell.......

Since he was convicted/sentenced in Federal court he has to go where the Federal Bureau of Prisons determines. He can be anywhere within BOP but The only Federal death row is at Terre Haute so he wll make it here at some point. The Federal GOV got out of executing inmates at whichever state/local facility in the 1960's.

Top Bottom