• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Your opinion of my opinion is just that, your opinion. I'm like BOA and Dicks, I can care less about your opinion, but you are entitled to it. Have a nice day Archer.

Don't worry too much about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Case in point is the statement above.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I see this all as a marketing strategy. While they might loss some operating margin in the short-run, they are banking on gaining customers that will support them for no longer selling those "evil" guns. Think of all the free publicity they got from the news with this decision. Gun enthusiasts might boycott them, but there are wacko liberal hippies that might now support them for this. Its all about profits. IMO, corporate citizenship is a myth.

justknapping

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Nashville
    I'm in the principle boat myself wether they care or not and wether or not it matters well.... can't say for sure other than I care and it matters to me. Other than than fugetaboutit.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    I have disliked Dick's ever since they bought out Galyans. Those were the good old days where the stores actually focused on real outdoor equipment (hunting, fishing, camping) instead of so much emphasis on athletic apparel, golf stuff, and exercise equipment (at MSRP prices).

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Sometimes it's not about actually hurting a company or other entity financially, it's about what principles you believe in.
    It's my hard-earned money, I'd rather spend it with someone that shares my values.

Same here. And I am a hard headed ole SOB when it comes to stuff like this.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I tell you what, if I owned a business and could ensure a 500% increase in yearly profits if I prohibited guns in my business, guess what I would do?

Keyword: business

Then you have NO business being on a pro firearms forum, owning firearms OR calling yourself an AMERICAN. If you are willing to exile firearms owners and carriers to make a buck or two from people who like to be victims and food for bottom feeding assailants then you are no better than Feinstein herself!

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I don't recall the BoA story, but I'm confused on how Dick's is anti-2A just because they chose as a business to stop selling certain products. That's their right and their choice as a business and it's your right and choice as an individual to choose to or to not shop there. I think the fact that they cancelled all of the Troy pre-orders is more of a reason not to shop there than them stopping sales of certain items. Neither of these things make them anti-2A though, it just makes for poor business.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Before this gets out of hand, let me just say this. I am mad just like the rest of the firearm world. The truth is, BOA and Dicks will always have their clientele. And thats without us gun people. Thats just all Im saying. Im not saying who is wrong or right. We can sit here talk about BOA and Dicks all we want and how we are not going to spend our money there, when it comes down to it, they can care less if a pissed off gun owner takes their business some where else.

When I take my money elsewhere instead of DICK's, it's not just my money that would of went towards something firearms related. It's also my money that would of be used for camping gear, sports equipment for my kids including shoes, anything archery related for my daughters new hobby or even running shoes and workout clothing for me.

They're not just losing firearms related sales, they're losing money ALL THROUGHOUT their store. Gun owners do have families that include kids that need sports equipment and we do buy (well used to) other items in their store, not just guns.

Top Bottom