• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    People who shrug their shoulders and say "Nothing I do will matter anyway so why bother" are why this country is going in the direction it is. You should stand on your principles because it is the right thing to do. If you don't then you really don't have any principles to begin with. It's just lip service. Whether the actions you take on your principles will affect anything or not is besides the point. This lackadaisical viewpoint of life is not unique to you. Millions of people feel the same way. That is why nothing changes. If you are not willing to stand up for your principles you are truly nothing.

Last edited:

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    Why patronize corporations who do not support our Constittion. Spend your gun money at the small business gun stores. Indiana has more than several outstanding gun shops, support them!

scottb332

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012

If Dicks didn't care about the business of gun owners, they wouldn't havestocked any gun related products to begin with. If they see a sharp decline ingun related sales shortly after making a new gun policy, they will be able tomake the connection. They could then change the new policy and try to recoversome of the business, or they could stand their ground. If they decide guns andgun related sales are no longer important, they might decide to free up somevaluable shelf space for other products in order to make up for the saleslosses.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's pretty simple. You have the choice to spend your money how you choose too. I have never been a fan of big box stores anyways. I can go to my LGS, sit down, have a cold coke and BS for as long as I wish. You don't get that at Chinamart, Dicks, etc.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I remember a few years ago there was as stink about a drugstore putting "anti-gun" stuff on their web site.

An anti gun person or a neutral person might not have noticed anything wrong, it was probably just a blurb copied and pasted from some AMA pamphlet; who knows? But the gun community came together and wrote a ton of emails and letters.

Guess what - the message about guns disappeared.

1/3 of Americans own guns. If you don't, one of your neighbors does.

That's a lot of people.

I'll be writing an email. In fact I'm telling them that I just became a member of REI down the street - and they don't sell ANY guns.

I'm a father, I have a family of seven, we do a lot of things with sporting goods that aren't necessarily related to guns or hunting. We buy a lot of clothes and shoes. Heck I've spent hundreds of dollars at Dicks on hunting gear alone. I bought complete set of camo at Dick's a few years ago, and a muzzleloader last year, not to mention camping gear for my family.

And I'll drive to Bass Pro in Cincinnati before I ever darken their doorstep with my shadow again.

They profit greatly from the fact that there is a Second Amendment. Yet they only will stand up for the part of the Second Amendment that includes hunting? (purple implied) AR-15s are the fastest growing type of hunting rifle. Our grandfathers grew up with Springfields and that's what they wanted to hunt with. Today, guess what the kids are growing up with? They're shooting themselves in the foot, but we need to make sure they know it.

Oh, and I'm also a Scoutmaster. NOW how many people's buying decision am I influencing?

"Scoutmaster Kludge, where can I go for camping gear?"

"Well I think you should try Gander Mountain, REI, or Dunham's."

Do you think I'll mention that Dick's gives a 10% discount to Scouts?

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Let them sell more North Face Jackets, I would not buy a firearm from them anyway. Go to Bradis and deal with someone who knows what they are selling !!

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Guys, YOU CANT FIX STUPID!!!! You cannot reason with it. You can present all the facts you want...facts have no meaning to stupid. You can argue with it over the interwebs, but that only encourages it. STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!!

+1 couldn't have said it better myself.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I got rid of BOA many years ago, when they started to charge tit for tat. I'm generalizing but since then they have been fined, and invistigated for some of their practices, and the very lates regarding mortage fees. I know I've receied about $2200 in the past 12 years with regards to different assessments due to banking and my mortgage. They knew what they were doing when they sold off MTG's in the early 2k. It will catch up! With regards to Dicks, I think that will help the LGS, I've visited about 3 thus far and will continue to do so, where I hadn't in the past.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I can't stand dicks prices on everything so overpriced. And i use a credit union as well. And when i need something in sporting goods i do my best to find someone with a small place i think they could use my money better then the big chains.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    For everyone that does that, there is someone else to take their place and sometimes more than 1. It works both ways.
    You might tell that to several politicians that claimed the reason they lost the election is because of the NRA (which is directly due to gun owners). I am retired and fortunately do have quite a bit of disposable income - I do spend a lot locally but do not have a LGS. I did not care much for the selection, service or prices at Dicks - but will not ever enter there store now. My youngest son is also a collector and has a good income - he also will not be a patron of Dicks. Doesn't take to many good customer losses to make a real dent in the bottom line.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wouldn't use BoA if you paid me to, and their anti-2A crap is only part of the reason why. Their ridiculously poor customer service, their questionable business practices, etc., are the big reasons why I would never entrust a single cent of my money to their care.

Do tell on how B of A has infringed on the Second Amendment?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I tell you what, if I owned a business and could ensure a 500% increase in yearly profits if I prohibited guns in my business, guess what I would do?

Keyword: business

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Your opinion of my opinion is just that, your opinion. I'm like BOA and Dicks, I can care less about your opinion, but you are entitled to it. Have a nice day Archer.

If he could take part of your income away based on his opinion, I'm guessing suddenly you'd care a whole lot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why patronize corporations who do not support our Constittion. Spend your gun money at the small business gun stores. Indiana has more than several outstanding gun shops, support them!

Why have customers that, likewise, don't "support" the Constitution by having issue with a private businesses' right to free speech?

Why do your wishes trumpt theirs? On their own property, I might add?
    :dunno:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I love the irony of the fact we're talking about a boycott on BOA and Dicks for not supporting gun rights but as I type these words I am looking at a banner add for Cheaper Than Dirt right at the top of this page...

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Once the media frenzy settles down. Dicks will probably go back to selling any and all top selling rifles. It will be up to us INGO members to remember their actions to grab attention created from a tragedy.

Top Bottom