• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    To me, Dicks is the Wal Mart of Sporting Goods. Haven't been in one for a few years. They never had what I wanted. The quality of the things they did have that I wanted was a little disappointing most of the time and they were always out of their gun related sales items by the time I got to one no matter how fast I tried to get there. Also had a difficult time in tolerating the idiots that seemed to come out of the woodwork to assist me after I spent a lot of time tracking them down. Just do not need that kind of treatment.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    There are over 27,000 registered users on INGO. These are dads, moms, & kids. If each one decided to buy their $50 underarmor from Cabelas instead of Dicks, that's a $1,350,000 loss in Indiana alone.

For everyone that does that, there is someone else to take their place and sometimes more than 1. It works both ways.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Its not just firearms purchases. How many of the people that shop in the camping section own firearms? How many of the people that shop in the fishing section own firearms.

If Dicks Firearms purchases decrease by 100% and their fishing purchases decrease by 75% and their camping purchases decrease by 50%, they'll notice.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    For everyone that does that, there is someone else to take their place and sometimes more than 1. It works both ways.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that their business is increasing in proportion exceeding the loss due to the firearms sales policy?

You mean the gun grabbers are going to Dick's because of their stand?

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Its not just firearms purchases. How many of the people that shop in the camping section own firearms? How many of the people that shop in the fishing section own firearms.

If Dicks Firearms purchases decrease by 100% and their fishing purchases decrease by 75% and their camping purchases decrease by 50%, they'll notice.
    Very true. But they will always have their clientele.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    For those of you that will not bank with Bank Of America because they froze a Gun Manfucturer's account and wont shop at Dicks anymore because they stop selling AR's, thats your choice and you have the right to that choice. But do you really think that BOA and Dicks cares what we think?

BOA is a huge Bank. The gun owners that bank there is only a small percentage of their clients. For every gun owner that leaves that bank there will be at least one anti-gun hater or more that becomes members there because of their stance on guns.

Dicks is a huge sporting chain. Guns is just a little small piece of what they have to offer the public.

To most people guns are a hobby, and I have more than one hobby. Yes I am mad because they stop selling AR's and other guns, but I also play softball, golf, ect. I will not stop buying these things because Dicks pissed me off about the firearms. I will how ever stop buying Firearms from there.

Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to it.

Why did you start a thread to lecture us about 2 topics we already have threads for? :dunno:

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    How do you arrive at the conclusion that their business is increasing in proportion exceeding the loss due to the firearms sales policy?

You mean the gun grabbers are going to Dick's because of their stand?

Who said anything about their business increasing? I sure didnt. All I said is that they will always have their clientele. I hope by them discontinuing firearms sales that they do realize that it was a mistake.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Who said anything about their business increasing? I sure didnt. All I said is that they will always have their clientele. I hope by them discontinuing firearms sales that they do realize that it was a mistake.

:dunno:

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Does that mean their business is increasing? If more than one does take the place of those that leave than yes they made a profit. But dont sit there and tell me that I said their business wan increasing. I said for every one that leaves there is at least 1 or maybe more than 1 that replaces them. If its more than 1, then they make more money. We as a gun society think we are the majority in America. There are far more people that dont own guns then those that do. Gun owners are just a small fraction of the population in this country. I do believe there are enough of us to make a statement when it needs to be made. Have a nice day Cobber.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    At the end of the day, every customer matters. Obviously these companies realize they can't make 100% of their customers happy 100% of the time, however, they don't intentionally do things that cause them to lose customers unless they feel it's the best course of action overall.

The whole "they don't care if we don't shop there, we're only a small percentage," is a similar excuse to "I didn't vote because my vote alone doesn't mean anything."

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I know I have opened a can of worms here and believe me that was not my intentions. I love hearing everyone's opinions. People like cag, and cobber, ect. I have no ill feelings towards you people. Your stating what you believe. I would love to meet you guys and start a new friendship. Im an easy going person.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    At the end of the day, every customer matters. Obviously these companies realize they can't make 100% of their customers happy 100% of the time, however, they don't intentionally do things that cause them to lose customers unless they feel it's the best course of action overall.

The whole "they don't care if we don't shop there, we're only a small percentage," is a similar excuse to "I didn't vote because my vote alone doesn't mean anything."

Which sounds like a good business model paving the road to bankruptcy as you alienate one group of customers after another...

I didn't shop much at Dick's before this. After this, probably not at all. A few bucks, maybe they won't notice.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    If everyone would just support local business, they do better at servicing customer anyway because its the customer that keeps them in business vs. a corporate ideology of strictly numbers where a graph shows that they didn't need us.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Initially they wont care. Later down the road when they see there quartly sales drop they will care. Another BIG thing to consider is word of mouth. It only takes 1 negative thing said to sour someone and it takes 10 postivies to make up for that negative. All the people that are bad mouthing dicks will leave a negative effect in peoples brain. They might not remember why they dont like dicks but it's still there.

I personally dont care for dicks. For the most part, they are way too high on stuff.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Okay kids, this was fun, but we really need to stop feeding the trolls and get back to work. There are important things to do... Like debating OC vs CC, or Glocks vs 1911's!

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have switched to my Chase Card and am limiting my use of my BOA card. I manage people and sometimes my employees just screw up. If this were the case with BOA, than they need to release a statement or clarification. However, if it is a policy/belief - than I am going to go with Chase.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    So lose a customer and gain a customer, at that rate how are they're yearly sales supposed to increase. We know its all about the money for them, no business likes losing sales no matter what the situation. They way they see it is " we lost a customer, and gained a customer, now we are even, but why couldn't we have kept the ok customer too and made even more money?!"

Top Bottom