• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    There are those who teach putting the gun in the holster backwards as a means of securing the gun for a one handed reload. It's not what I was taught, but I've tried it. I don't like it. I think it's slow, awkward, and more prone to fumbling than other ways. Even if you aren't carrying a holster that will lock your gun in.

What other ways? were you taught :dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I am jusy a plain old former 0341 Marine. Thats a mortar man for those who dont know. I like my serpa. to the op, get one and try it out. make your own decisions. I will agree with the Army guys for a change, Serpas good to go in my book.

Ranger you do know that ARMY stands for Arent Really Marines Yet, right? Just checkin.

lets talk about it, fight about it, wrestle, fight some more, go to a strip club, drink about it, drink some more, DRINK A LOT MORE, and just before we pass out MAYBE we will agree to disagree :patriot:

SEMPER FI all you DEVIL DOGS!!! i got mad respect for you i think you know that, but i still gotta give you S***, cause i would be shunned by my own if i didnt, lol. :cheers:
    One of my best friends to this day (a brother to me), is a Marine i met going through Ranger School with me and I still dog him about being a Marine and tell him if it wasnt for that Tab, we couldnt be friends, and he says the same thing, LMAO.

:runaway:"a marine with a ranger tab" ....... YES...... before all you civi's ask or get your panties in a bunch ..... other branches of the military can get a Ranger tab too (and all want one) as long as they go through the same Army Ranger School.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Even in the holster with the proper orientation is faster and less fumble prone...

Unless it's your strong hand/arm that's injured. It's a reach to get it in the holster correctly that way, and even when I was less.... spherical... I couldn't reach across and seat a magazine with my weak hand if the gun were properly holstered.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    True but from the number of wounds I have seen most Soldiers I have seen are injured on their weak sides...

There are several different ways to skin this cat. No really right way to do it either. Whatever works, works...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Unless it's your strong hand/arm that's injured. It's a reach to get it in the holster correctly that way, and even when I was less.... spherical... I couldn't reach across and seat a magazine with my weak hand if the gun were properly holstered.

interesting topic we had this week. I was just watching Personal Defense TV and they were at Gunsite talking about a weak hand draw. To draw, they reached across the body and pull the gun up, then set it back in the holster reversed. This allowed them to re-grip the gun for a proper shooting grip with the weak hand.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom