• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haycoxjason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Huntingburg
    I love my serpa and so does my G22! but it's really hard to conceal...the only time i use that holster is if I'm wearing a jacket or something heavy...Any other time it's IWB for me.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    I love mine. But the only real issue I've noticed so far is that if you don't get the retention release button pressed right 'before' pulling, the gun just won't come out. I've had enough practice with it that it's almost a non-issue. But It'd be bad news if it popped back up when I needed it the most.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I just bought this for my G23, I like it a lot. The primary reason I bought it was for range carry. I prefer my Tucker Gun Leather "The Answer" IWB for EDC. I have worn the Serpa quite a bit lately to get used to it. I like it a lot, it's my best OWB holster.

Ok, I WILL NOT carry my G27 in this holster, as Blackhawk says it's not compatible, and that I should get the Serpa designed for the G27, but the 27 fits in perfectly, what's the difference between the G23 and 27 Serpa Holster?

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    You have a lot of people who think that the Serpa holster causes accidents. I just bought one to check it out and I can't see any new reason to blame a decent product for a clearly human error.

Basically it comes down to whether or not an individual practices drawing out of their holster enough to develop the muscle memory not to let their finger hit the trigger during the draw. If you are used to different holsters or lack this practice, you may see accidents especially if you use a pistol that has no thumb safety like a glock or xd.

For the price, I think it's a very good holster. I am disappointed that many well respected shooters have bad things to say about it. The only thing I can say is that anyone, even the most experienced shooters are capable of making mistakes. If you rely on the fact that you have experience to prevent mishaps, well that's a recipe for a bullet through the thigh.

Top Bottom