Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry if this has been done to death...but this is just funny (yeah, it could have been not funny, but as is, funny)

"How is this NOT satire?" Indeed.

peaceful protester language warning.

https://notthebee.com/article/no-ma...DfzdO5K5v8-swt0aA6g9Cc6mibDaaRtP-fUk-FkLv8lQ8

[video=youtube;umfSM-mOdQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=190&v=umfSM-mOdQg&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Now seriously, that driver needs to go back to terrorist school. I mean you have that F250 assault tank against meek and peaceful pedestrian resistance fighters. You'd think the F250 should pretty much flatten them if it had a competent terrorist behind the wheel. Obviously not a professional.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Insults get delivered by you on a regular basis when people disagree with you.

Ignored.

Just calling it like I see it. You're free to rebut with tales of the times that you arrested violent, resisting offenders without causing a scratch. Since you obviously know what it takes to be a "man" in these situations.

BTW, responding to a post is the opposite of "ignore."

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    What prevented Blake from stopping and complying with police?

Ummm... if people always complied, we would not need police... we would just ask them to come on into the jail and they would. Or send an Uber for them.

I see this as a good shoot because it appears he was wanted on a felony sexual assault warrant, was at the house of the victim, had stolen her keys to her car, and was in the process of getting into (stealing) said car with her/their kids in it, which he does not appear to have had permission to take with him (kidnapping) with a knife in his hand.

If some combination of those things is not true, this can swing from justified shooting to attempted homicide, IMO, EVEN THOUGH HE DID NOT COMPLY.

You see it differently? Cops draw guns and the subject doesn't comply it's automatically a good shoot? Not saying something isn't wrong with a person that doesn't comply, your list plus maybe others, but that alone and him likely being a known scumbag does not make it a good shoot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Contrary to popular belief, there are dumb questions.

But, to be fair now that you've edited your comment, there are historic, emotional, and physical reactions to the idea of restraint.

On one hand, the Jews more or less complied with authority in Hitler's germany. The Unkrainians didn't overthrow Stalin. Mao, Pol Pot, etc. All examples of where compliance results in death.

I think it isn't a far stretch to see that the black experience in America may only be a shade or two lighter than the above examples.

Perhaps you see the world from a rational view that you think would apply to you in all circumstances. Amigo, I can tell you that it can turn in a heartbeat. The world is not rational. You may think you are in control of your self and immediate locale, but that was one second ago. The next second might be entirely different.

Dude, you are veering off the map now. Listen to yourself

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    From the perspective of a black person and 400 years of interaction?

I don't think so. It might be that you lack an empathy gene.

I was watching Lovecraft Country the other night. It seemed to me that the program described racial relations pre-WWII, not 1950's USA. I don't remember much about the 1950's from that perspective. Even though I grew up in Detroit, I was only 11 as that decade ended. Neighborhoods back then were somewhat culturally exclusive.

But, watching the program, and knowing that it is a fictional drama, I could see that some amount of what was portrayed occurs even today. So, at what point do we tell someone: That isn't America today. Forget what your father told you. Or your uncle. Or your grandfather. That isn't what's happening.

And then you and your friends get profiled and pulled over. And black men make national news for back shoots.

Who needs to adjust their view, amigo?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just calling it like I see it. You're free to rebut with tales of the times that you arrested violent, resisting offenders without causing a scratch. Since you obviously know what it takes to be a "man" in these situations.

BTW, responding to a post is the opposite of "ignore."

No, first he must let you know of your soul destroying fate

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Route 45 again.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Despite the media attention, considering the very low percentage of black persons who end up dead or nearly so due to an interaction with police, it would seem that the actions that lead to the use of deadly force are not common to all those who have had "400 years of interaction". In fact, it is a tiny, tiny minority black persons who have such interactions.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Perhaps you see the world from a rational view that you think would apply to you in all circumstances. Amigo, I can tell you that it can turn in a heartbeat. The world is not rational. You may think you are in control of your self and immediate locale, but that was one second ago. The next second might be entirely different.

The world is rational, people aren't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Contrary to popular belief, there are dumb questions.

But, to be fair now that you've edited your comment, there are historic, emotional, and physical reactions to the idea of restraint.

On one hand, the Jews more or less complied with authority in Hitler's germany. The Unkrainians didn't overthrow Stalin. Mao, Pol Pot, etc. All examples of where compliance results in death.

I think it isn't a far stretch to see that the black experience in America may only be a shade or two lighter than the above examples.

Here's the difference. Were there gangs of Jews (or Ukranians - which is a bit different from Nazi Germany, but whatever) committing the majority of crimes in certain cities? Or was it the Nazis (or Communists) that were the aggressors? Pretty obvious that police are all on high alert now that their hands are tied by their admins. I think most would probably like to try and avoid confrontation with a minority right now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Comparing the experience of Jews in Hitler's Germany with American blacks in 2020 is so ****ing absurd that not even the Babylon Bee would pick up such an editorial.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Comparing the experience of Jews in Hitler's Germany with American blacks in 2020 is so ****ing absurd that not even the Babylon Bee would pick up such an editorial.

Right? Remember when the Nazis had laws in place to provide low cost loans to Jewish-owned businesses and stuff? And remember when they passed laws that there could be no discrimination based on race, religion, etc.? Remember when the German government had a "Jewish Caucus"? Remember when the Nazis had laws requiring Jews to be admitted to institutes of higher learning to meet certain diversity standards? Those were the kinder gentler Nazis of course.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DD: The question I answered was Tomb's "Howizzit that this dude didn't comply".

I didn't attempt to address the wider societal dynamics.

Well boy is my face red. Nah, not really. :): I certainly disagree with the number of shades between the two in modern day America.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So says a WASP with a government job who has never known oppression?

Hmmm?:D

Damn skippy! And the "white guy" description that you edited out in favor of WASP was probably closer to the truth. I never was that good of a Protestant. :): But I also started out selling shoes at 16. Went to school (badly) at General Motors Institute 1978-79. Worked at Allison during that time and beyond for almost a year when I transferred to Purdue (and did badly). Worked in restaurants then went back to shoes (assistant manager of a Fayva!). More restaurants. More school.

"Real job" at BMG Music Club/Columbia House in IT for 14 years. They went out of business but gave us a year's notice plus a nice severance. After applying for almost all of that year for my cushy gubmint position, I finally got hired. Was only unemployed from October of '09 to January 2nd, '10. So. Nyah! :p

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    for the 1000th time, there's no evidence (in the public sphere) the officer's knee on the back of his neck was the cause of death, in fact there is evidence to the contrary that he died from heart failure and not asphyxiation (see coroner's report and leaked body cam video).

Im sorry, but this is nonsense. Are you seriously implying that Floyd was going to die anyway, at the exact time he died, if he hadn’t encountered police? The man had TWO autopsies BOTH listed the cause as homocide. You’re disputing those findings?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    DD: Understand. Sorry for calling you a Protestant!

I don't know what came over me. Maybe because I watched Footloose again the other night. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom