Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Next time bring a larger team. No backup resulted in inability to arrest the individual.

False. They certainly were able to arrest him.

Next time, don't send boys to do a man's job.

Seems to me that your idea of a man's job is whining on the internet about thugs suffering the consequences of their actions.

I think a boy could probably do your job just fine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    False. They certainly were able to arrest him.

Seems to me that your idea of a man's job is whining on the internet about thugs suffering the consequences of their actions.

I think a boy could probably do your job just fine.

Insults get delivered by you on a regular basis when people disagree with you.

Ignored.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Sorry if this has been done to death...but this is just funny (yeah, it could have been not funny, but as is, funny)

"How is this NOT satire?" Indeed.

peaceful protester language warning.

https://notthebee.com/article/no-ma...DfzdO5K5v8-swt0aA6g9Cc6mibDaaRtP-fUk-FkLv8lQ8

[video=youtube;umfSM-mOdQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=190&v=umfSM-mOdQg&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Wow, that guy is WAY more tolerant of those asswipes than I would be.

Admittedly, that is an EXTREMELY low bar.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I assume you were addressing me. So, I'd say that it's a matter of tradeoffs. One man can stop another with a bullet, but there are alternatives. And sometimes that requires a sufficient amount of muscle and mass.

I think the stop could've been handled better as in the offender should've been eating asphalt before he got to the car door. But officers were already over powered once and Blake might have had a knife on him so I can see why they didn't go hands on again. What should have the officers?

Sure more officers can help the situation but as Minnesota showed us not always. Then you have the people that sound off against cops using too much hands on force, it's turning into a no win situation. However I'd venture to say that if people complied with cops orders it would solve 99+% of the problems but that would require living in an utopia.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Next time bring a larger team. No backup resulted in inability to arrest the individual. Next time, don't send boys to do a man's job.

4 cops in Minnesota. 2 cops in Georgia. Do the math.

I think there is something to this, though it should not be the case. I recall walking along Venice Beach a bit after the Rodney King riots. I did not know it until work on Monday, but there had been a black v brown gang shoot-out the weekend before, so every block along the Strand, multiple officers. These guys were BIG and I'm not talking BBQ muscles. I do believe each one of them could have carried off TWO Jacob Blakes... one under each arm and not broke a sweat.

But now, the most important thing is to have degrees... and plenty of female officers, who I'm sorry, are at an extreme disadvantage when "hands on" occurs. And since batons and the like are out, it truly is hand-to-hand... until it isn't.

(and no, I'm not advocating beating people with batons... can be used on pressure points and leverage points to subdue without striking)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, you have to wonder.....if a LEO is in the process of arresting an individual, is the badge and officially loud compliance voice going to result in it's objective: compliance?

Many of the situations that seem to end up with a bullet being discharged appear to be a result of the cop being suprised by the person being arrested. At least until this present situation is resolved or settles down, it would seem that backup ought to be mandatory and, in some cases, overwhelming numbers of bodies. It might be expensive, but no more expensive than lawsuits as a result of taking a life.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What prevented Blake from stopping and complying with police?

Maybe you should start a focus group on that question. You've repeated it often.

I'm white, so I don't have the history of the black experience. But I was raised in a situation that ultimately resulted in my contempt for unreasonable authority. Sometimes that contempt boiled over.

I know there are others here who have similar feelings about corrupt, greedy people in positions of power.

I don't agree with the actions of Blake or Brooks. And I don't understand them from their point of view. At least not most of it. But I do understand them a little.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Maybe you should start a focus group on that question. You've repeated it often.

I'm white, so I don't have the history of the black experience. But I was raised in a situation that ultimately resulted in my contempt for unreasonable authority. Sometimes that contempt boiled over.

I know there are others here who have similar feelings about corrupt, greedy people in positions of power.

I don't agree with the actions of Blake or Brooks. And I don't understand them from their point of view. At least not most of it. But I do understand them a little.

I'll repeat it until I get an answer because it seems to be something nobody wants to answer.

Usually questions that nobody wants to answer are ones that need answered the most, because it's revealing something about the situation that desperately needs discussed.

Every single human being on this planet knows that resisting police when a gun is pointed at you is a very bad idea. The motivations involved to continue to resist after that point, when it's obviously hopeless to do so, are absolutely the crux of the issue.

Suicide by cop?
    Martyrdom?
    Drugs?
    Severe mental health issues?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Contrary to popular belief, there are dumb questions.

But, to be fair now that you've edited your comment, there are historic, emotional, and physical reactions to the idea of restraint.

On one hand, the Jews more or less complied with authority in Hitler's germany. The Unkrainians didn't overthrow Stalin. Mao, Pol Pot, etc. All examples of where compliance results in death.

I think it isn't a far stretch to see that the black experience in America may only be a shade or two lighter than the above examples.

Perhaps you see the world from a rational view that you think would apply to you in all circumstances. Amigo, I can tell you that it can turn in a heartbeat. The world is not rational. You may think you are in control of your self and immediate locale, but that was one second ago. The next second might be entirely different.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom