Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    According to USA Today:

The cops involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake — which touched off a fresh wave of angry, anti-police sentiment across the country — were attempting to arrest him for violating a restraining order stemming from an alleged sexual assault, The Post has learned.

Blake, 29, was forbidden from going to the Kenosha home of his alleged victim from the May 3 incident, and police were dispatched Sunday following a 911 call saying he was there.

From Fox News:

The police union that represents the Kenosha Police Department said that police responded to the scene where Jacob Blake was ultimately shot because he violated a restraining order related to a sexual assault.

The cops involved in Blake's shooting were there to arrest Blake for violating a restraining order stemming from a sexual assault claim, according to the New York Post.

A 911 call Aug. 23 alerted them that Blake, 29, was at the home of his alleged victim. The officers on the scene knew he had an open warrant for felony sexual assault, according to dispatch records and the Kenosha Professional Police Association.

And that report references NY Post (note: appears to be the same copy as from USA Today, above):

The cops involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake — which touched off a fresh wave of angry, anti-police sentiment across the country — were attempting to arrest him for violating a restraining order stemming from an alleged sexual assault, The Post has learned.

Blake, 29, was forbidden from going to the Kenosha home of his alleged victim from the May 3 incident, and police were dispatched Sunday following a 911 call saying he was there.

Note: most media reports that I find most readily all seem to lead back to the NY Post article.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not taking sides here, this is just a question...
    Could the officer have done.anything differently to secure the suspect ? Was the suspect handcuffed to secure him or even ankel cuffed if they thought he may run? I have not watched any of the footage so again, please don't take this as me picking a side, I would need to see all the reports, videos etc to form a.opinion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Denny would be the best to chime in on this subject. Physical tactics before the OIS is definitely his lane.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for taking the time to link those. Yeah, not well sourced anywhere. TBH not sure it matters considering that the ex was the complainant on the charges that the warrant was out for.

All of this micro dissection of it...

There was an open sexual assault and abuse warrant, they were responding to a call from the complainant on that warrant, according to a couple reports there was a restraining order in effect. All with the full weight of the Duluth Model behind it. Any sort of resistance to the arrest was going to be met harshly, regardless of race. Can layer Wisconsin as a mandatory arrest state for domestics on top of it.

It isn't 100% clear but it has been reported here and there. I haven't been going on about it because we aren't sure that there was one, but the second sentence in the quote here has been right in the front of my brain.... It's... Something.

According to USA Today:

From Fox News:

And that report references NY Post (note: appears to be the same copy as from USA Today, above):

Note: most media reports that I find most readily all seem to lead back to the NY Post article.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Being combative, tased, not following orders when guns are drawn, & reaching into car all follow along a the line of escalating the situation. If I did all of those things I'd fully understand that I am risking my life and should stand down. As far as the officer knows Blake could've been reaching for a gun and if he would've waited to see a gun the officer would be the one getting shot. I'm not saying the situation was handled perfectly but I fully see why the officer shot.

It's like I've been saying. In an interaction with police, when you put violence on the table, that highly increases the likelihood of the interaction ending in violence. Most of the time the police will be the ones standing after that. Don't put violence on the table and there won't usually be violence. And if there is, THEN it's a reasonable thing to protest.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    From Fox News:

The police union that represents the Kenosha Police Department said that police responded to the scene where Jacob Blake was ultimately shot because he violated a restraining order related to a sexual assault.

The cops involved in Blake's shooting were there to arrest Blake for violating a restraining order stemming from a sexual assault claim, according to the New York Post.

A 911 call Aug. 23 alerted them that Blake, 29, was at the home of his alleged victim. The officers on the scene knew he had an open warrant for felony sexual assault, according to dispatch records and the Kenosha Professional Police Association.

If some son of a ***** had a restraining order on him for sexually assaulting my daughter and he showed up at the residence, the cops would not have to bother..... I would shoot the piece of **** myself.

I could not possibly care less about this jackass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Quoting my self here but relevant to the above.

In the quote you referred to a restraining order. If it resulted from domestic abuse it was probably an emergency protective order which isn't the same thing. One's criminal, the other is civil. But nevertheless if there were an EPO that should be the first thing police report because that puts the whole encounter into a way different reality from that which was reported. If that were the case and the media still portrayed Blake as it is, we'd be seeing some interesting meme's where the sweaty dude has to push one of two buttons which represents two inconsistent views.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    George Floyd case made me emotional too. After being conned by the media on the Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown shootings, I've learned to have more of a wait until the facts come out attitude. But with Floyd, I thought after seeing that video, there are no other facts that could mitigate that. I thought it was racist. And I thought that it was intentional. After seeing the fuller video in context, however, I don't see anything racial about that stop. Floyd said he couldn't breathe when he was just sitting in the back of the car. They tried to accommodate him. The 8-1/2 minutes is bull****, and that cop needs to be fired. Possibly be charged with some kind of negligent homicide. But I saw no evidence that race was a factor, given how the officers dealt with Floyd and the other two who were involved.

With Brook, again, race wasn't a factor. Violence was not on the table until Brook put it there. It was embarrassing for the cops because one guy manhandled both cops. It was clear from the video that Brook turned and shot the taser at the officer. If that officer gets tased and Brook gets his firearm, that's a deadly situation. I think it was justified, but not good. I don't know if it was poor conditioning, or poor training. But if they could have handled him without having to chase him, then putting deadly force on the table is a lot less likely.

Blake? There is no evidence that race was a factor there either. So I don't think the press and BLM making this a racial issue is justified by the facts. Protests about police practices, sure. Everyone should be on the same page with that. That cop knelt on that guy's neck for 8-1/2 minutes. There's no justification for that. But I guess every time a black man is shot by white cops, regardless of the facts, we're going to see riots break out because the only explanation some people have is that it must have been because the cops are racists.

I think more attention should be paid to the concept of 'excited-' or 'euphoric delirium'. The police procedures in place at the time of George Floyds death required officers to restrain anyone suspected of those drug induced conditions, likely because behavior in those cases is so unpredictable. Much will be made of armchair analysis about whether Floyd exhibited enough or all of the symptoms, but the fact is he set up the restraint on the ground by exiting the squad car and by his agitated and incoherent behavior. I believe the concern about this is exemplified in the request too the squad, already on the way, to step it up to code three after Chauvin had had to regain control of him outside the car. Say what you wish about the advisability of kneeling on Floyd for so long; but consider whether releasing restraint to try to re-establish control with him on his feet and combative/uncooperative might not have gone off the rails and wound up in the same territory as Michael Brown or Jacob Blake

Second guessing Chauvin, or indeed Rittenhouse, when they have not been heard from through testimony and all facts garnered through official investigation have been revealed is foolish - although I understand it is a popular INGO passtime

I predict you will hear a lot more about excited delirium and departmental policy about it at the trial

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Alpo, we have agreed on somethings and disagreed on other things.

If I may be so bold, I believe we both want the same results (a decent, peaceful world populated by a free people with a just legal system).

You seem to be in the minority of vocal opinions on some topics here and for what it's worth i am grateful that ingo is not just an echo chamber for my own opinions.

I also figure you are probably a "dog person" , so that counts for something.

I was going to pm this, but figured I might as well say it in public.

I think Blake's shooting rests solely on himself, possibly a tiny bit on his father for not teaching him how to interact with the world.

I do always find your counterpoints interesting, if contrary to my own logic.

If the hammers are watching, consider letting this thread run. It is good for us to hash this stuff out.
    +1
    Well said.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Still waiting for someone to explain why Blake couldn't stop and comply with police.

Because he is a piece of ****?

If only he had watch Chris Rock.....

[nolink]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8[/nolink]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is precisely what The Left thinks. Alp himself said it in the Wendy's taser thread. You've got the guy's license plate...just let him go and round him up later.

And what makes anyone think the NEXT time he will say "aww shucks. You caught me. I'll turn around all peaceful like and put my hands behind my back this time." ?

(hint: He wont)

And what do you say when your or your family member's rights are violated in the meantime by this repeat offender? Why "why in the hell didnt you take him off the streets sooner? If you had done that, we wouldnt have been harmed!"

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Next time bring a larger team. No backup resulted in inability to arrest the individual. Next time, don't send boys to do a man's job.

4 cops in Minnesota. 2 cops in Georgia. Do the math.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Next time bring a larger team. No backup resulted in inability to arrest the individual. Next time, don't send boys to do a man's job.

4 cops in Minnesota. 2 cops in Georgia. Do the math.

4, as in 1 to stand on his neck and 3 to watch and not say anything?

THAT worked out well. LOL

Top Bottom