Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    But mah narrative...

svyubiM.jpg

On any given day, NPR is gonna NPR.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'll agree with you and several others on the matter of questioning the wisdom of him being anywhere near there - but not his wisdom in being lawfully armed based on his assessment of risk. If I go to downtown Indianapolis, I am armed. My purposes there do not require a firearm. I am no more "seeking out" conflict than he was that night. If a mob decides to come marching through Avon neighborhoods, I will be armed. I might even be sitting on my front porch. (I might not; who knows?) In that scenario, my purpose would almost certainly require a rifle. Even then, I would no more be "seeking out" conflict than he was that night.

But we have to be careful not to conflate the questioning if actions are wise with questioning whether those actions are morally or legally right.

There was only one group - one side - "seeking out" conflict that night. That group found the conflict they sought, by creating it. Mr. "Shoot me, n***a!" started shouting and threatening Rittenhouse, then started chasing him, and then threw something at him as he ran - something that could reasonably have been believed to be a Molotov cocktail or something similarly dangerous.

Everything that happened after that is all his fault, and his responsibility. Not Rittenhouse's fault or responsibility. He was the victim.

I never questioned the legality nor the morality. Defense of self is both, and by some views, mine among them, a Creator-imposed duty.

Once Mr. Rittenhouse found himself in extremis, his options were de facto reduced to “kill or be killed”, (because “shoot for center-of-mass or be shot in center-of-mass” is a bit unwieldy as a turn of phrase) My position is simply that being somewhere, voluntarily and knowingly, where you know that your options are likely to be reduced thusly, is not the wisest course of action. Bold, certainly, which brings to mind the quote about old men and bold men, and the dearth or old, bold men.

You guys should understand the concept being discussed. It’s been discussed in many of the self defense threads on INGO over the years. And maybe it’s difficult without that context to get. Because many of us carry wherever legal, how can I go somewhere I wouldn’t go unless armed if I’m always armed? Maybe a statement that better represents the idea would be this. I would not go to downtown Louisville during a protest. It’s not safe. But if I thought, oh well, I’m armed, so I can just deal with whatever. That’s what I’m talking about, and I think what Bill is talking about. I’m not gonna think of being armed as a magic talisman that enables me to go into dangerous places that I wouldn’t go otherwise.

The riots are something different. There comes a time when people need to arm themselves and protect their own property. It’s not the time for that 17 year old kid from a different town, albeit only 20 miles away, to take on that duty. Nothing good came of his presence there, other than the people he treated. I’d say his presence there did more harm than good. He’s seen in the mainstream public as being the bad guy in all this. I don’t think that’s true, I don’t think he’s a bad kid at all. I don’t think he should have been charged. But that’s the reality. It was a lose/lose proposition, especially for him.

This exactly, Jamil. I carry while I’m at the grocery store, shopping. I don’t think the likelihood high of my needing that gun in that place at that time, but I’d rather have it and not need it. I’m not carrying TO the store. I’m going to the store. It happens that I carry, and there’s nothing about that store that makes it that I should not do so there. If the only grocery I had in my neighborhood was a bodega with a history of robberies to which the police were slow to respond, I’d be driving farther to do my shopping. I would choose not to go to the bodega, because I would not feel safe there.

To return to Chip’s example, mob coming to my neighborhood. *I* would like choose not to sit out on the front porch. Why? I want my house to just blend in. Nothing stands out, nothing draws attention. Avoid the fight. This is not to say I wouldn’t be watching. This is not to say I would be unarmed. But before I take up arms, they would be bringing the fight to me, and I would be defending. There would be no perception of impropriety, no one saying “He should have just stayed inside!!!!”

We all know the media will spin these stories.
    My first job is to protect my family and my home. My second is to deny them a narrative such that if they want to spin one, they will have to lie about me.

”White Supremacist”? No.
    ”Prejudiced”? Only against criminals, color unimportant.

Trump supporter? By default, but yes. One of the two main parties will be in the White House for the next four years. I can’t see doing anything to leave it to chance that it would be Biden and/or Harris. That only leaves Trump. With that said, I don’t like his personality but his effectiveness in office is unparalleled, and he’s accomplished that in spite of having to fight not only the Dems but the media and his own party at the same time. That’s a winning combination in my mind.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So about those 3 cars that were pulled over, and 9 occupants arrested. They were with a poorly named group called the “Riot Kitchen.” Apparently this group feeds protestors/rioters at various “events.” The has they were getting was for their portable generators.
    Like I said earlier, if the each had a controlled substance in their possession and illegal fireworks, fine charge them... but do we really think that they ALL were holding? They also apparently had vests and helmets, but no weapons of note. Are we still thinking that all of these people should have been carted off?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...ehicles-held-amid-police-investigation/?amp=1

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So about those 3 cars that were pulled over, and 9 occupants arrested. They were with a poorly named group called the “Riot Kitchen.” Apparently this group feeds protestors/rioters at various “events.” The has they were getting was for their portable generators.
    Like I said earlier, if the each had a controlled substance in their possession and illegal fireworks, fine charge them... but do we really think that they ALL were holding? They also apparently had vests and helmets, but no weapons of note. Are we still thinking that all of these people should have been carted off?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...ehicles-held-amid-police-investigation/?amp=1

Does the get away driver during the bank robbery really need carted off?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Riot Kitchen?
    If they were facilitating riots they should be arrested and their records seized for prosecution of the financial backers of interstate criminal activities.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Riot Kitchen?
    If they were facilitating riots they should be arrested and their records seized for prosecution of the financial backers of interstate criminal activities.

Hopefully the investigative subpoenas have already been executed. Are we okay with civil forfeiture of assets of those bankrolling this (stuff)?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    THink he will get through it without an assassination attempt?
    I doubt it, I think that is what his mysterious Twitter message was about, he was going into hiding basically because he knew or had intel that he was in danger.. thats just opinion but he went into hiding for a reason.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom