Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Found a "different perspective" coming from one of the super liberal areas of downstate Illinois.

https://www.wcia.com/news/skateboarders-honor-anthony-huber-protestor-fatally-shot-in-kenosha/

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) — Skateboarders held a vigil in downtown Champaign to honor the memory of Anthony Huber.
    He was one of three victims shot in Kenosha, Wisconsin, Wisconsin last Tuesday. Huber tried to use his skateboard to disarm 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse after the Illinois teenager shot and killed a protester.
    Cellphone footage shows Huber later trying to wrestle that rifle away from Rittenhouse. Grisly video footage shows Rittenhouse shooting Huber in the chest – killing him.
    Huber’s girlfriend told CNN he pushed her out of the way right before he ran toward the danger.
    “It’s really close to home, Kenosha, Wisconsin, and I just think that a lot of people related to Anthony Huber and just like doing the right thing. So I think we are here to honor him and keep that solidarity going with different acts of protesting,” says Meghan McDonald, co-organizer of the event.
    The memorial ended at Spaulding Skate Park, where they took a moment of silence for all victims of police and vigilante violence.
    Rittenhouse is facing homicide charges.

I realy don't know what to say about it, Jim.

Huber was charged with strangulation and domestic abuse.... I wonder if that is the girlfriend.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No, I think I grasp it as well as anyone. I started sounding the alarm on insane social justice back in 2014-ish, starting the first insane social justice thread.

More than one thing can be true at the same time. The US and the West in general are under assault by people who want to fundamentally change it; to erase Western principles and replace them with cultural marxism. That's true. The kid did some good and commendable things. That's true. The kid also made some foolish choices. That's true too. I'm not going to avoid calling those things out just because I perceive he's on my side.

You aren't his daddy. This is now binary. Either he's a murdering fascist, or he's not.

I support him for being the one of the few in this country who hasn't exhibited cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems like there were a lot of "medics" in Kenosha. Anybody else notice that?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Byx4XdK.png

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/status/1300500336977739781?s=20

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since you aren't a dunce, I just have to consider this statement argumentative and willfully blind. Leftists have generally learned that is is easier to avoid prosecution by not giving direct orders, but instead just pointing in a general direction and let people "decide for themselves" to execute the violence. For example in the words of one "BLM leader":

Note that at no point in this screed, did he actually tell others to riot, loot or commit other forms of violence.

I didn't take it that Kut was saying that there is no example that could be construed as instigating. Obviously there is. I took it more in a pragmatic sense what are the practical examples where BLM leaders could be successfully prosecuted or sued with current laws. I'll admit that would be hard to prove that one necessarily led to the other. It would be really hard in a jury setting where people would likely be shamed into compliance. In today's climate I think it would be practically impossible to hold them accountable. But I think it should be attempted anyway. There is a growing number of people who seem to be tired of BLM the org, and their bull****, but still support BLM the message. So maybe some jurors might be willing to withstand the pressure of being canceled, physically threatened, mob shamed, by the news media and BLM leaders.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And she’s an idiot. Still, instigating a riot takes isn’t something a case can be made based on general words.

It's more than just general words. Watch some live streams of the violence. You'll hear them say the exact words justifying their violence while rioting. There were several examples of that in the videos of violent acts such as smashing cars with baseball bats. You have to be anti-racist. Anti-racist isn't just saying you're opposed to racism. You have to be an activist. That means you have to "protest". If you're white, you owe reparations. No justice no peace. Silence is violence. Return violence for violence. Looting and destroying property is reparations.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Can you show me a specific instance where the BLM organization has told people to riot, loot, or any other call to violence that was acted upon?

I didn't take it that Kut was saying that there is no example that could be construed as instigating. Obviously there is. I took it more in a pragmatic sense what are the practical examples where BLM leaders could be successfully prosecuted or sued with current laws. I'll admit that would be hard to prove that one necessarily led to the other. It would be really hard in a jury setting where people would likely be shamed into compliance. In today's climate I think it would be practically impossible to hold them accountable. But I think it should be attempted anyway. There is a growing number of people who seem to be tired of BLM the org, and their bull****, but still support BLM the message. So maybe some jurors might be willing to withstand the pressure of being canceled, physically threatened, mob shamed, by the news media and BLM leaders.

He was asking you to provide a specific example. Another way to state that, is that he himself is not aware of such. I simply clarified that they rarely use such directives.

As to your last point, you would need all 12 jurors "to withstand the pressure of being canceled, physically threatened, mob shamed, by the news media and BLM leaders" to get a conviction. Good luck with that. I hope you don't think that people who would riot, assault, loot, etc would be unlikely to also engage in some jury intimidation, do you?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He was asking you to provide a specific example. Another way to state that, is that he himself is not aware of such. I simply clarified that they rarely use such directives.

As to your last point, you would need all 12 jurors "to withstand the pressure of being canceled, physically threatened, mob shamed, by the news media and BLM leaders" to get a conviction. Good luck with that.

I'm aware of the difficulty in that. In today's climate it would be practically impossible to hold them accountable.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    [video=youtube;7yYplnEkbqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yYplnEkbqU[/video]

Where's the police? Inciting violence and riots is illegal.

Why are none of these people in prison and held accountable for what they have done? It's almost like we don't have a criminal justice system at all.

And people wonder why the citizenry are starting to lose faith in the system's ability to function and have decided to go out and try to clean up themselves...

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Jesse Singal and Katie Herzog's podcast that released last night is an example here. They're progressives (though admittedly cast aside ones because of their views on detransitioning) but still.

Singal prefaced the show by saying 'We were wrong about it being illegal for him to open carry, and were wrong about the "breaking up a fight" -- that was our understanding at the time.' -- The preface was recorded after they did the full show after they got new info.

Despite them being heterodox lefties, I was 100% prepared for them to be "he was a right wing whacko" etc etc. They came down strongly on the side of "it was self defense" during the discussion. These are some anti gun journalists.

Cracks are showing, and it's mostly because of the sheer insanity of the narratives and the apologia for the the rioting and destruction, IMHO.

There is a growing number of people who seem to be tired of BLM the org, and their bull****, but still support BLM the message.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jesse Singal and Katie Herzog's podcast that released last night is an example here. They're progressives (though admittedly cast aside ones because of their views on detransitioning) but still.

Singal prefaced the show by saying 'We were wrong about it being illegal for him to open carry, and were wrong about the "breaking up a fight" -- that was our understanding at the time.' -- The preface was recorded after they did the full show after they got new info.

Despite them being heterodox lefties, I was 100% prepared for them to be "he was a right wing whacko" etc etc. They came down strongly on the side of "it was self defense" during the discussion. These are some anti gun journalists.

Cracks are showing, and it's mostly because of the sheer insanity of the narratives and the apologia for the the rioting and destruction, IMHO.

I think when you're canceled, I would think human nature would tend to allow you to be critical of the narrative you shared with the people who canceled you. I think betrayal is a powerful side changer. Someone whose name escapes me now, said that he thought eventually "wokeness" would die from starving itself of ideologues, because eventually they'll all cancel each other. I'm not that optimistic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom