• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What I find funny, is that you guys actually believe people will take the pill, and in an effective manner. Birth control, THROUGH THE MANUFACTURER, is $15 a month. Cost is not the biggest issue here.

Irresponsible people do irresponsible things. They won't go get the free pills, and they sure as **** won't remember to take them every day. The only thing this will do is increase the cost of birth control for the people already responsible enough to take it.

ALSO!!! All these welfare mommas, or cash cows as I like to call them, have no interest in not being pregnant.

I wouldn't be opposed to forced sterilization for welfare recipients lol

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The coverage is not "FREE"

The President issued an order saying that insurers MUST provide birth control as part of their policies. He also ordered that insurers MUST provide the service WITHOUT a Co-Payment.

Insurance companies have already responded by saying they will raise the MONTHLY PREMIUM to ALL insured people (men/women/children) to cover these new added costs. So they will "provide" the service without the co-payment at the pharmacy but they increase your rates, my rates, our grandparents rates, and our kids rates every month.

Free. Sure it is.

Again, NO TAX DOLLARS are used. Your rates will go up. YOU are paying for this directly if you have insurance. This is NOT a government program.

Did anyone read the article? Did everyone miss this post?

Maybe this will help. If you work at a Catholic hospital that will not pay for birth control, they HAVE to pay now. This is not for welfare, or any other .gov funded program.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Did anyone read the article? Did everyone miss this post?

Maybe this will help. If you work at a Catholic hospital that will not pay for birth control, they HAVE to pay now. This is not for welfare, or any other .gov funded program.

This is the governmemt forcing people to do something against their religion if I was running 40% of the nations hospitals I wous shut them all down and tell obama to run them himself. This administrations policy of domination of the state over the people must end.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Apparently, some folks don't understand what's going on here. Has nothing to do with catholic or baptist hospitals, or religion in any form. Nor does it have anything to do with welfare recipients. This is the government forcing INSURANCE COMPANIES to cover a product they currently do not cover. That's all. The costs will be passed on to the companies policy holders, as all costs are passed on. No-one will be forced to take or sell anything. While I agree that it's not the governments place to tell businesses what they have to cover, that's all this is. It's not a pogrom against anyone, except the insurance companies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, someone will be forced to pay for contraceptives (for other people), even if their religion does not allow them to?

I suppose they COULD choose not to have insurance. Oh, wait, that is going to be illegal as well.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Does anyone still believe that unwanted pregnancies are because people don't have access to birth control?

DING DING DING!!!

Abstinence (though many will agree is "unrealistic") is 100% free and available to anyone with a brain.

I think the agrument a lot of people use is that birth control is "preventative" and as such should be covered by insurance.

I don't know how we got to the point that preventative care is a function of insurance though. I don't file a claim to have my tires rotated, or change the oil.

Oh well. BC can go from $15/mo to $10/mo plus a $20/mo hike in premiums. Huzzah for government!!!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    DING DING DING!!!

Abstinence (though many will agree is "unrealistic") is 100% free and available to anyone with a brain.

Most kids, while they have a brain, aren't thinking with it when their hormones are running rampant.

Whoever pays for it, birth control is a good thing. The fewer teen moms, welfare moms, etc we have the better. Yes I understand that again its not a fool proof system and that it needs to be used correctly. Until we stop paying for women to have kids that will be an issue. But do both, provide birth control, doesn't even have to be the pill. As well as drop the payments of welfare for every kid they have after on it.

In a perfect society, everyone would wait until they are financially stable to have children, but that's just not the way it works. It may not even be the fault of the woman either, she may get raped and be impregnated. Then that bring up a whole new can of worms too. What to do about a pregnancy brought upon by rape?

I don't have all the answers, I know what is right for me and my family. I don't care what others decide, but then again I tend to think with my brain and not let a book tell me what is acceptable.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Most kids, while they have a brain, aren't thinking with it when their hormones are running rampant.

Whoever pays for it, birth control is a good thing. The fewer teen moms, welfare moms, etc we have the better. Yes I understand that again its not a fool proof system and that it needs to be used correctly. Until we stop paying for women to have kids that will be an issue. But do both, provide birth control, doesn't even have to be the pill. As well as drop the payments of welfare for every kid they have after on it.

In a perfect society, everyone would wait until they are financially stable to have children, but that's just not the way it works. It may not even be the fault of the woman either, she may get raped and be impregnated. Then that bring up a whole new can of worms too. What to do about a pregnancy brought upon by rape?

I don't have all the answers, I know what is right for me and my family. I don't care what others decide, but then again I tend to think with my brain and not let a book tell me what is acceptable.

You make the mistake of assuming that women on welfare don't want to be pregnant, or that teens aren't getting pregnant on purpose. Of course they are. They get pregnant. G'ma gets on the horn with social services, has the kid removed from the home and then granny fosters the kid for $1500/mo. Ta da!!!!

Also teens out fooling around didn't get there by chance. It took a lot of decisions leading up to the point of fornication. I know, I used to be one, and I made some dumb dumb dumb decisions.

You know what would have helped me? Someone telling me that it's ok to be friends with more than one girl at a time and that you don't even have to make out with them when you go on dates! You can just enjoy each other's company without it being sexual. Date as many girls as you like! That there's no need to have a steady girlfriend in HS or even MS for that matter. Playing house is just a waste of time.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You make the mistake of assuming that women on welfare don't want to be pregnant, or that teens aren't getting pregnant on purpose. Of course they are. They get pregnant. G'ma gets on the horn with social services, has the kid removed from the home and then granny fosters the kid for $1500/mo. Ta da!!!!

Also teens out fooling around didn't get there by chance. It took a lot of decisions leading up to the point of fornication. I know, I used to be one, and I made some dumb dumb dumb decisions.

You know what would have helped me? Someone telling me that it's ok to be friends with more than one girl at a time and that you don't even have to make out with them when you go on dates! You can just enjoy each other's company without it being sexual. Date as many girls as you like! That there's no need to have a steady girlfriend in HS or even MS for that matter. Playing house is just a waste of time.

First of all, I understand that people get pregnant for a reason, that's why I said until we stop paying for women to have kids there will be no fool proof system.

Teens fooling around do it because they are teens fooling around. That has never changed, it never will. Kids are curious, horny, and want to be "cool"

Now to your last paragraph, that would be cool if it worked, but you think as a teen if someone told you to stop making out and just talk to the girl you would have listened? Yeah doubt it and few others would either.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Now to your last paragraph, that would be cool if it worked, but you think as a teen if someone told you to stop making out and just talk to the girl you would have listened? Yeah doubt it and few others would either.

At the risk of sounding like a prude (which I am decidedly NOT). It DOES work, and I am proof. I chose to take my time and abstain outside of marriage. And yes I did listen. To your point - I'm in the minority, no doubt.

I also have no problem with young people preventing pregnancy IF they choose to become sexually active. It makes MUCH more sense to prevent things than to opt for abortion later on (which I view as something far more heinous...). My first choice in all of this is to live a life of abstinence before marriage, fidelity in marriage, and stay the heck married. I realize that this is REALLY hard to accomplish, but it makes sense from a health/disease point of view, also from a financial point of view, and every other pragmatic point of view. Notice that not once in the above did I mention religion - although many folks have that as a reason to boot.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Does anyone still believe that unwanted pregnancies are because people don't have access to birth control?
    I agree 100% but you also have to throw in the learned traits from the family core. You also have to have a family unit that will communicate. That will discuss family values and learn from experiences both good and bad. They will also have to be taught the experience of an unwanted pregnancy and the responsibilities. Believe it or not MTV can be a resource. But the family can produce birth control, not as a free ticket.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I can't search for any of the articles since I'm at work, but where I grew up (land of socialized medicine), any gov't health building would give out a bag of free condoms to anyone who walked in. I remember reading that the cost to the med program dropped significantly with the reduction of STDs and unwanted pregnancies. The same thing worked for free needles, it didn't increase the number of junkies, but it kept them healthier and off the tax payer's dime.

I know we're talking birth control pills, but the same can be applied. The cost savings to the insurance companies are probably there, if not a minimal increase; they just choose to raise your rates cause they can.

Top Bottom