Best way to wear but hide a handgun while wearing a shirt & tie?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    I am in Insurance and I visit customers in their own home a lot, What is the best way to have a handgun on me that the customer will not see? I usually wear a suit but a lot of times I leave my jacket in the car so how do I hide my handgun?

Swanny70

swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    I have a S/W 38 and I have a .45, also I carry a bag into the homes. It's not so much while I'm in the homes that concerns me as much as going in and coming out that worries me especially on evening appointments. I leave the jacket in the car during the summer because of the heat and in the winter I wear a long heavy coat but remove it when I get inside, so I don't want the customer to see it but I need easy access when leaving to go back to my car after the appointment.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The trade off with deep concealment is two fold. One you can't carry as big of a gun and two the gun isn't as accessible. Everything in the world of handguns is a compromise of sorts. I prefer to carry a larger handgun in a caliber that I can shoot accurately. But I frequently find myself in situations where this is just not possible. So OP I understand. Some options are:
    1) belly band
    2) smart carry
    3) pocket holster
    4) ankle holster
    5) off body in a day planner or iPad case

unfortunately none of these options are ideal or even really very good. But they do allow a person to at least have a gun. I have tried or employed all of these methods. Of the list the off body method is least desirable for me because I might leave the pistol unsecured. Belly bands are hot! I like ankle carry for a BUG but not as primary carry method, but if you are sitting frequently it is an option. Smart carry works well and I like the holster but drawing the gun is slow and t makes me nervous with striker fired guns. Pocket carry is ok but doesn't work we'll while seated, plus suit pants have crappy pockets.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Tactical operator cape. You can sew molle strips on the inside.

s-l1000.jpg

Top Bottom