• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I haven't looked yet. Was it tied to a bumper and driven down 15 miles of gravel road and then buried in a salt pit? originally barrel swapped out for a Taurus? Price includes the electrical tape on the grip frame to replace the missing wood?
    Or it was great Uncle Cletus's behind/under the pickup seat seat pistol.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Revolvers are awesome, but must of them fill a particular niche or are designed for a specific application. If I was giving my son a gift, I'd want it to be something he could use on a daily basis. I'd also want it to be something enjoyable to use, and well made that would last. As such, my vote is for an S&W 640 Pro.

Being a J-Frame, it's small enough that he can use it for EDC in pretty much any environment, or even as a backup gun. It's a bit heavier than an airweight, but much more pleasant to shoot (especially with magnums), so he can take it to the range and have a good time while he works on his proficiency with it. It's also going to be more durable and survive a higher round count than an aluminum-framed gun. It has real sights on it, too, so you can actually hit stuff with it, which enhances satisfaction at the range.

Now if your son is into backpacking or handgun hunting, then that would open up a few more options. But if I could only keep one of my revolvers it would be my 640 Pro.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    It i a pre-lock revolver. They are a collectable. Anything done outside of the factory impacts the collector value.
    Collector value only matters if you intend to barely, or never, shoot it and plan to sell it. My twin grandsons graduated from college last year, and I gifted each with a Henry Golden Boy 22lr, with whatever laser engraving they chose on side plates, buttpad, tang, or in the stock or forend. With the instructions that it was something for them to enjoy shooting, not a safe queen. I know they'll never sell it, so there is no "collector value", and it can still be passed on to family members 40 years from now.

Zionsville

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2021
    My Dad did something similar , I won't ever part with this one , even though our relationship is shot this gun means a lot to me.

LnP1Y8p.jpg
    That’s nice!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Smith & Wesson Model 15 K-38 Combat Masterpiece .............
    Pic is not mine ,had one just like it ........ was my first and sadly don`t have any longer :(

An awesome gun .........
    I had a 6" Security Six back in the day at the same time , and I could shoot tighter groups with my 2" Smith .

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-15-K-38-Combat-Masterpiece-Cal-38-Special-2-Inch-Pinned-Barrel_10104446...jpg

Top Bottom