• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had the 3" Wiley Clapp in brushed stainless. For reasons I don't even remember, I sold it. I regret that. I got a great deal on it when I bought it at Indy Trading Post (RIP).

I kicked around getting the stainless until I saw the blue, then I jumped on that one like a jungle cat, licked it so nobody else could call dibs, and then did my "I saw it first" dance.

I'm not allowed back in that gun shop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I kicked around getting the stainless until I saw the blue, then I jumped on that one like a jungle cat, licked it so nobody else could call dibs, and then did my "I saw it first" dance.

I'm not allowed back in that gun shop.
    I don't know if the blued version was available or not. I'd never seen either one until I saw mine in the case at ITP and knew it had to come home with me. That blued version though... :drool:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I recently acquired this, a 1968 Colt Trooper .357 6” (not the Mark III). Got it much less than $1k including a drop holster. No its not the smoothest action and not in perfect condition and I will never carry it (well maybe now and then when I am at the farm). It makes me giggle every time I shoot it :):
    1716687371129.jpeg

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    My Dad did something similar , I won't ever part with this one , even though our relationship is shot this gun means a lot to me.

LnP1Y8p.jpg

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    My oldest is getting ready to turn 18.
    Has taken CC class and we shoot a lot.

I’m thinking of getting him a really nice hand gun.

From a revolver standpoint - what would you recommend?

Also if your Dad gave you a gun, what was it?
    If you are talking a weapon that he will being carrying to possibly save his life or those of his loved ones, that gun should be his choice. This is an adult choice. If I may be a little sarcastic here, you are not buying a 20ga. for a 10 year old boy.
    Go with him to ranges that rent pistols. Maybe borrow from friends. It is his decision about what feels and shoots best for him. As the more experienced shooter you can certainly offer advice.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    My best friend's dad was "dad away from my dad". He was a LA Sheriff undercover narcotics officer. He taught me to surf, shoot and to be a respectable person. A few weeks after my 18th birthday in 1980 he handed me a box. Inside was a S&W Model 19 revolver, leather holster and a couple of his business cards. He told me to keep this with me at all times, handle it like a man and when I was old enough to purchase my own to return it to him. Several years later I completed his request. After handing him the box he said he was happy I didnt have to use it for anything other than practice. My response was, "I figured that's why the business cards were there".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom