• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    7.62x54r - When you need to reach out and touch someone, through a Brick Wall, Car, 1/4" steel plate, House, 12" of wood....

This is a funny group. I have not laughed more than since I started reading some of the posts and sig lines here! :laugh:

So, I saw a ton of Mosins at Bradis this week and know Gander Mt. in Castleton has some for $99. Does anyone know if these from the Imperial or WWII era? And there are long ones and short ones (no jokes please...) there. Can I assume the short ones are carbines?

Sorry, but I don't know zippo about the Mosin and what I find in Google doesn't clarify much for me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is a funny group. I have not laughed more than since I started reading some of the posts and sig lines here! :laugh:

So, I saw a ton of Mosins at Bradis this week and know Gander Mt. in Castleton has some for $99. Does anyone know if these from the Imperial or WWII era? And there are long ones and short ones (no jokes please...) there. Can I assume the short ones are carbines?

Sorry, but I don't know zippo about the Mosin and what I find in Google doesn't clarify much for me.

You can check the date stamped onto the receiver. It will tell you when it was manufactured. The short ones are M44's. The long ones are 91/30's. I prefer the M44, but I own both.

You might be interested in this website. It will tell you everything you want to know:

[url=http://www.7.62x54r.net/]7.62x54r.net[/URL]

boredstupid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Just a warning, the Mosins are very addictive. Went to a friends range the other day, now they all want one. I have a 91/30 and now I am starting to look for a M44. Can't beat the fun for the money

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just a warning, the Mosins are very addictive. Went to a friends range the other day, now they all want one.

First rule of a gunfight: Bring a gun. Bring all your guns. Bring all your friends with guns. If they don't have guns and you only have $200, buy them all Mosin Nagants. :D

Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    Ok, I have to do this!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFsUvh078I[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So, I showed my buddy one of these. He is now foaming at the mouth to get one!

He wants to put one of those synthetic stocks on it.

If his experiment goes well, I may get one. Not sure about the plastic stock, however. I'd rather by a second "throw down" Mosin instead. ;)

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    BOOM! Any Other Questions?

M442007_07_22_16_38_32_0002.jpg

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Stop it, you people--you're making me want to buy one!

Give in to the urge. Do your part to stimulate the economy. Spread the wealth! Buy one...or five for yourself! Don't want five? Fine, keep one each of the 91/30, M38, and M44 and give the other two away! Did I mention they make great Christmas presents? Start a militia...you can arm yourself and 11 other people for under $1000 (to include ammo)!

Sergei Mosin will haunt your dreams if you don't get off your duff and buy one. Of course, no one remembers what he looked like, so it could very well be your Uncle Dave pretending to be Sergei Mosin and haunting your dreams. Either way, you're not going to get a restful night until you go out and plunk the cash down. Yes, Uncle Dave is a Mosin-Nagant fan.

And the #1 reason why you should buy a Mosin-Nagant - cleaning cosmoline builds character.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i got a 1942 m91/30 and I LOVE IT and its pretty accurate. the recoil is nothing even with a steel butt plate unless you are laying prone then you feel it.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I just got my M44 a couple days ago, myself. Haven't had a chance to get out and put it through its paces, but seems to me that the best reason for owning one is so that you can say you own one. :-)

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN

Unfortunatly with out being "on file" with them you can not get pricing information. If I want to browse and budget for a gun I have to give them my information NOW, before I have even spent a dime. I don't like my information "on file" with people especially if I haven' done any business with them, and may never. I don't know when, I can't even view the prices. :twocents:

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Unfortunatly with out being "on file" with them you can not get pricing information. If I want to browse and budget for a gun I have to give them my information NOW, before I have even spent a dime. I don't like my information "on file" with people especially if I haven' done any business with them, and may never. I don't know when, I can't even view the prices. :twocents:

I have the Catalog in pdf.
    PM me your e-mail and I will send it to you.

SOG only puts a fraction of their inventory Online.
    The Catalog is a Smorgasbourg.

Top Bottom