• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I usually try to go to Gander Mountain , and park out at the end of the lot, I did meet once or twice at Lowes, I had to leave once from Lowes because I got a gut feeling the guy might not have been legal to own a gun, I asked to see his drivers license and handgun license to see his picture and match the names on both, wasn't writing it down , but he refused to show a handgun license, after my ad said this was required by me in order to sell , thankfully after that I found Ingo and have never had a bad experience selling or buying on this site.

bubbazap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    I had a seller insist that we meet at a local bank parking lot (on Sunday with bank closed) because "they have a lot of security cameras". In addition it seems that a lot ob people watch the banks as someone called the PD. The officer that responded arrived as we were getting ready to leave and got a good laugh lat being dispatched because an armed person was getting ready to rob the bank (it was Sunday and the bank was closed). He checked the rifle I was purchasing (ran it to make sure it was not stolen), then asked what I paid for it and then offered me more to buy it from me. I politely declined, got a good laugh , thanked him and left.

NEVER meet at a bank even if they are closed.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Looking at preemption I'm at a loss as to where the Town of Brownsburg (or any other political subdivision) gets away with prohibiting the sale of firearms on town property.

Indiana General Assembly said:
    IC 35-47-11.1-2Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, andfirearm accessories prohibitedSec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a politicalsubdivision may not regulate:(1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;(2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation,registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, andfirearm accessories; and(3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition,and firearm accessories.

Indiana General Assembly said:
    IC 35-47-11.1-4Not prohibited by chapterSec. 4.
    This chapter may not be construed to prevent any of thefollowing:
    (1) A law enforcement agency of a political subdivision fromenacting and enforcing regulations pertaining to firearms,ammunition, or firearm accessories issued to or used by lawenforcement officers in the course of their official duties.
    (2) Subject to IC 34-28-7-2, an employer from regulating orprohibiting the employees of the employer from carryingfirearms and ammunition in the course of the employee's officialduties.
    (3) A court or administrative law judge from hearing andresolving any case or controversy or issuing any opinion ororder on a matter within the jurisdiction of the court or judge.
    (4) The enactment or enforcement of generally applicablezoning or business ordinances that apply to firearms businessesto the same degree as other similar businesses. However, aprovision of an ordinance that is designed or enforced toeffectively restrict or prohibit the sale, purchase, transfer,manufacture, or display of firearms, ammunition, or firearmaccessories that is otherwise lawful under the laws of this stateis void. A unit (as defined in IC 36-1-2-23) may not use theunit's planning and zoning powers under IC 36-7-4 to prohibitthe sale of firearms within a prescribed distance of any othertype of commercial property or of school property or othereducational property.
    (5) Subject to IC 35-47-16-1, the enactment or enforcement ofa provision prohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearmin any building that contains the courtroom of a circuit, superior,city, town, or small claims court. However, if a portion of thebuilding is occupied by a residential tenant or private business,any provision restricting or prohibiting the possession of afirearm does not apply to the portion of the building that isoccupied by the residential tenant or private business, or tocommon areas of the building used by a residential tenant orprivate business.
    (6) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting orrestricting the intentional display of a firearm at a publicmeeting.
    (7) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting orrestricting the possession of a firearm in a public hospitalcorporation that contains a secure correctional health unit thatis staffed by a law enforcement officer twenty-four (24) hoursa day.
    (8) The imposition of any restriction or condition placed on aperson participating in:
    (A) a community corrections program (IC 11-12-1);
    (B) a forensic diversion program (IC 11-12-3.7); or
    (C) a pretrial diversion program (IC 33-39-1).(9) The enforcement or prosecution of the offense of criminalrecklessness (IC 35-42-2-2) involving the use of a firearm. (10) For an event occurring on property leased from a politicalsubdivision or municipal corporation by the promoter ororganizer of the event:
    (A) the establishment, by the promoter or organizer, at thepromoter's or organizer's own discretion, of rules of conductor admission upon which attendance at or participation in theevent is conditioned; or
    (B) the implementation or enforcement of the rules ofconduct or admission described in clause (A) by a politicalsubdivision or municipal corporation in connection with theevent.
    (11) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting orrestricting the possession of a firearm in a hospital establishedand operated under IC 16-22-2 or IC 16-23.
    (12) A unit from using the unit's planning and zoning powersunder IC 36-7-4 to prohibit the sale of firearms within twohundred (200) feet of a school by a person having a businessthat did not sell firearms within two hundred (200) feet of aschool before April 1, 1994.
    (13) Subject to IC 35-47-16-1, a unit (as defined inIC 36-1-2-23) from enacting or enforcing a provisionprohibiting or restricting the possession of a firearm in abuilding owned or administered by the unit if:
    (A) metal detection devices are located at each publicentrance to the building;
    (B) each public entrance to the building is staffed by at leastone (1) law enforcement officer:
    (i) who has been adequately trained to conduct inspectionsof persons entering the building by use of metal detectiondevices and proper physical pat down searches; and
    (ii) when the building is open to the public; and
    (C) each:
    (i) individual who enters the building through the publicentrance when the building is open to the public; and
    (ii) bag, package, and other container carried by theindividual;is inspected by a law enforcement officer described in clause(B).However, except as provided in subdivision (5) concerning abuilding that contains a courtroom, a unit may not prohibit orrestrict the possession of a handgun under this subdivision in abuilding owned or administered by the unit if the person whopossesses the handgun has been issued a valid license to carrythe handgun under IC 35-47-2.As added by P.L.152-2011, SEC.4. Amended by P.L.6-2012,SEC.232; P.L.147-2014, SEC.3.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    dark alleys in the middle of the night are always awesome.

Just kidding. I usually do mine outside a gun range or outside a gun shop. I do make sure I know the people that work in the store in case they start asking questions

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I had a seller insist that we meet at a local bank parking lot (on Sunday with bank closed) because "they have a lot of security cameras". In addition it seems that a lot ob people watch the banks as someone called the PD. The officer that responded arrived as we were getting ready to leave and got a good laugh lat being dispatched because an armed person was getting ready to rob the bank (it was Sunday and the bank was closed). He checked the rifle I was purchasing (ran it to make sure it was not stolen), then asked what I paid for it and then offered me more to buy it from me. I politely declined, got a good laugh , thanked him and left.

NEVER meet at a bank even if they are closed.

What justification did he give you for running the numbers on the gun? Did he ask for your permission first?

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    In Avon you can go to Fort Liberty Firearms for 20 they will do a background check on your buyer. There was an article in the local paper that the owner wanted to create a safe place for gun sales.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    In Avon you can go to Fort Liberty Firearms for 20 they will do a background check on your buyer. There was an article in the local paper that the owner wanted to create a safe place for gun sales and make some extra cash.
    FTFY

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    In Avon you can go to Fort Liberty Firearms for 20 they will do a background check on your buyer. There was an article in the local paper that the owner wanted to create a safe place for gun sales.

And of course, make a few extra bucks in the process. And, never know what else might get purchased. Good business sense there.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Unless it was a super deal or out of state, there's no way I'd meet someone at a gun shop for a background check. Part of the reason to do FTF is to avoid the bureaucracy of fedgov. Even if they offered to pay the fee I'd still say thanks but no thanks.

I have no problem signing a bill of sale or showing ID or whatever other dumb stuff they'd like to "cover their butt" but I'm not going through the 4473 process and standing there for 20 minutes just so they can have a background check done on me.

Too easy to find a deal without hassle.

Top Bottom