• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    go back the the first post if you get confused

Actually I apologise I was navigating incorrectly I just figured out why I wasn't seeing all the info posted.

I almost always go back to post one on a thread and see what it is about because most threads end up going in various directions over time. This one was to introduce a local stripped lower supplier to members but I wanted to find out first if anyone heard of a local manufacturer; I wanted to see how they were getting their name out to the shooting public. Your post was rather short in more ways than one. :D

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That is a great idea with the snake. I will pass that one along.

The Gadsen and snake would be good but careful of the snake alone,
    Bushmaster might have a copyright claim :twocents: \/

bushmaster%20lower.jpg

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Indiana has played a part in the manufacturing of many quality brands in the past.

Aero Metals of Laporte has manufactured various parts, including receivers, for Springfield Armory and Browning to name a few names. It wouldn't surprise me to learn of other Indiana businesses with similar contracts.

We certainly have the local talent to make something like this.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I think Bushmasters is different

The Gadsen and snake would be good but careful of the snake alone,
    Bushmaster might have a copyright claim :twocents: /

I passed the idea along to the manufacturer. The Gadsen has been around for a couple hundred years if I remember correctly so I doubt that is copyrighted. I also thought something like "SUPPORTER OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT" would be a nice touch to the side of the lower.

I got permission to raffle off a free lower but the two they gave me do not have a caliber on them and I am not sure if that is a legal requirement or not. Once I hear from them on that issue I will be starting a post for guys to add their name for a drawing for the lower.

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    I passed the idea along to the manufacturer. The Gadsen has been around for a couple hundred years if I remember correctly so I doubt that is copyrighted. I also thought something like "SUPPORTER OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT" would be a nice touch to the side of the lower.

I got permission to raffle off a free lower but the two they gave me do not have a caliber on them and I am not sure if that is a legal requirement or not. Once I hear from them on that issue I will be starting a post for guys to add their name for a drawing for the lower.
    I want in on this!!!:rockwoot:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Would no logo lowers be OK

Tagging to keep track of possible group buy. Michiana, thanks for bring the information to everyone's attention.

If people don't like the DM logo I know I can get some without the logo, just leave that spot blank. Once I get some final info this week I will put a group buy together for people in this area to pick one of these very nice lowers up for their collection and future builds. I believe in supporting local businesses as they create jobs for our neighbors. If any other dealers want to get in on this for guys out of the Indy area they are more than welcome to join in and get their own delivered directly to their place.

Last edited:

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    Indiana has played a part in the manufacturing of many quality brands in the past.

Aero Metals of Laporte has manufactured various parts, including receivers, for Springfield Armory and Browning to name a few names. It wouldn't surprise me to learn of other Indiana businesses with similar contracts.

We certainly have the local talent to make something like this.

:)
    I agree, there are a large number of machine shops , big and small in Indiana, most all of them will take on contracts of about any legal nature if they can make money on it.
    I would bet that with Warner Gear ( or what ever name they were going by when shut down) Closed , that shops like Delaware Machine will be looking for about anything to make chips out of.
    When it comes to processing , auto parts and gun parts aren't all that different.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    If people don't like the DM logo I know I can get some without the logo, just leave that spot blank. Once I get some final info this week I will put a group buy together for people in this area to pick one of these very nice lowers up for their collection and future builds. I believe in supporting local businesses as they create jobs for our neighbors. If any other dealers want to get in on this for guys out of the Indy area they are more than welcome to join in and get their own delivered directly to their place.

I like the "Keep it Simple" approach, something ;like this,

T15BDX (Billet DeluXe) PATENTED BILLET MACHINED AR LOWER RECEIVE by:

:twocents:

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Indiana lowers

Richard, that is great news. I would like to know more about themm and I would also like to talk with you about a AR build.

Last edited by a moderator:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Just for clarification, is this going to be a raffle in the traditional sense where you sell tickets, or is it going to be a drawing? If it's a raffle where you sell tickets, I'll have to ask that you leave it off of INGO at this time.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Just for clarification, is this going to be a raffle in the traditional sense where you sell tickets, or is it going to be a drawing? If it's a raffle where you sell tickets, I'll have to ask that you leave it off of INGO at this time.

There is no mention of price, this will be a drawing for a FREE stripped lower if they send me one with a caliber on it. This is no different than the offering by Mgderf of a free rifle to members children except the kids are bigger. If you guys don't want me to offer the members a chance to pick up a free lower just say so. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you guys don't want me to offer the members a chance to pick up a free lower just say so.

The only reason VUPDblue asked is because the usual definition of "raffle" means that chances are sold. You may want to continue to refer to this as a "giveaway" or "drawing" as mgderf has done, and as you did in your followup post, in order to eliminate any confusion in the future.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Not the Gadsen with relationship to a copyright.

A SNAKE alone might be an issue.
    If someone were browsing through a table of lowers and came across
    a lower with a snake on the left side what would their first thought be?
    "Oh look, one of them Bushmaster lowers......"

Ruxpin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Interesting thread. I would seriously consider stocking another lower, especially one home grown, providing something INGO or Hoosier related is stamped. That huge DM in old script would have to go though, something much more discreet would be desireable.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You can get them blank

Interesting thread. I would seriously consider stocking another lower, especially one home grown, providing something INGO or Hoosier related is stamped. That huge DM in old script would have to go though, something much more discreet would be desireable.

I am getting some made up without a logo so I am sure they will do it for you too as they are looking for outlets for their product. I suggest you call them if you are interested.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom