• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    It depends. Are you looking for the best bang for your buck or a quality firearm? If your looking to get a piece of the action for as little as possible I would recommend either a Glock 19 or Beretta 92FS. Both are excellent guns. The Glock company makes very reliable firearms, while the Beretta 92FS is a civilian version of the M9 which is heavily used by the armed forces. I believe the Glock will generally have a higher mag capacity, although I have had better luck with the Beretta in terms of accuracy at 50 - 75 yards. Both of these generally sell around the forums here in the $500 - $600 dollar range.

If your looking for quality, I have to say HK USP because I'm biased. I own 3 HK USP's, including the HK USP compact 9mm which I use as my daily carry weapon. It generally has a 13 round capacity, tremendous accuracy out to 100 yards, and dependability. I do take care of my guns, but 2500 rounds later I am still waiting for my first malfunction with this weapon. This gun is used widely by special forces, so you know it's good! Some aspects that some people do not like, however is the polymer frame (although very high quality, fear not) its price and the overall customer service of the HK company in case you ever need to reach them. Expect to pay upwards of $700 for these.

Another high end alternative to an HK USP is the Sig P226. This is built from an all metal frame and slide. Accuracy and reliability are on par with the HK. I believe that the P226 holds a few extra rounds than the HK (generally 15 if I am remembering correctly). Some people I know complain that the weight of this gun gets old real fast if you plan to be carrying on a daily basis. Personally I couldn't say, but it's something to keep in mind. I've seen these here on INGO for $500 - $700

Of course, if you're in doubt, stick to the general rule of thumb: Go to your local range and try out what you like! That will give you the best representation before you buy.

Good luck!

birdwing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Lowell
    There is so much CZ love on this forum, I am going to have to try one some day. I did handle the RAMI the other day while trying to find a nice compact carry, and it seemed quite nice. But, of the 9mm i have shot I enjoyed the S&W 5906 the most.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Browning HP
    Beretta 92
    CZ
    Smith & Wesson

All are some of the best guns I've had... Browning HP and the Beretta 92 are by far my favorites though.

Top Bottom