• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've owned the Beretta (well, Uncle sam did, but he picked up the ammo tab, so it was all good) It is NOT all steel, the frame is aluminum.

I've owned a few of the Sig p226 as well.

CZ beat them all hands down.

They're all very good, but the CZ is a notch or two above the others.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Depends in part by "all metal" if you were indicating "steel" or allow aluminum (which is a metal ;-). Of course what is "best" depends on your application, comparison points (i.e. trigger, reliability, service life, weight, size, sights, features etc.), the use of said firearm and fit of the gun to yourself.

If one does not need/wish a double action pistol for self defense concealed carry, daily open carry (i.e. police and military belt gun) then will submit one of the moderate to high end 9mm 1911s, as the trigger pull can be something to die for (both figuratively and actually if one carries a 3 lb race gun ;-) with an accuracy that is better than most shooters (friends have STI race guns that are interesting and one keeps trying to follow me home ;-).

The Beretta 92 off sand bags with hand loaded 147 gr Berry Bullets is shooting great, just a little more than a large hole ... not quite the STI's level but not bad. While the trigger pull is not in the same class as the race STI 1911s, the Beretta with proper ammo is a fine cool weather carry gun and the main go to firearm in the house (three inches under the key board at the moment ;-).

The Beretta 92 fit my hands better than the W. German SIG P226, which had a longer DA trigger pull ... or it would be 3" bellow my keyboard now ;-)

Have looked at the CZ 75 (and B) for years, but none of the guys ever had one that I could shoot for a bit (we tend to trade/loan guns with close friends ... my USP 45 Tactical was AWOL for years before decided just to make it part of a five year trade).

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Would be interested in why everyone likes the CZ75 (B) better (one keeps trying to follow me home but the Beretta works ok)?

Trigger?
    Fit in your hand?
    Weight (in this case for carry is a negative but positive for shooting control)?
    Something different than the standard issue Glock, Beretta ...

Thanks

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    one of the moderate to high end 9mm 1911s,

:+1:

Sti Trojan here. A friend shoots a springfield loaded and is very happy with it. Another friend shoots a Les Baer with custom grips that has a really high drool factor.

As noted above though, depends on what is wanted. So far no one has mentioned a gun that I wouldn't like to have.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Smith & Wesson 1911 Pro.

sw1911.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    CZ-75 (don't own one, YET, but is next on my list, waiting for a deal!)
    Beretta 92/M9
    S&W 5906
    Walther PPK

In that order. Can't really think of others, besides Sig, which I don't want due to cost and trigger, and 1911's that cost so much I'll probably never own one, so not on my list. This is practically becoming a Beretta thread LOL, yay! Love my 92fs, want to get another 92A1...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    S&W 5906. There were a ton of them made, so the prices are reasonable and parts & mags are available anywhere. They are built like a tank and soak up 9mm recoil.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Well, a lot of people have commented with the Sig 228/229, I think the 226 is more appropriate since he asked for a FULL SIZE pistol. Now, I will also admit that the 228/229 is my favorite pistol ever made.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    besides Sig, which I don't want due to cost and trigger,
    LOL, WUT?

Have you ever actually handled/shot a Sig? Their triggers are a thing of beauty. Unless of course you're talking about a p250, in which case, I'd still say you're wrong, but acknowledge you're probably not used to a DAO semi-auto.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    LOL, WUT?

Have you ever actually handled/shot a Sig? Their triggers are a thing of beauty. Unless of course you're talking about a p250, in which case, I'd still say you're wrong, but acknowledge you're probably not used to a DAO semi-auto.

They can be made pretty nice, for sure. I had a P226ST (wish I kept it!) with the Sig AEP and SRT and it was almost as nice in the trigger department as my Shadow. I love me some stainless steel frame Sigs!

(If anyone bought a 226 ST with hogue g10 grips and Warren sights from PSS in the last few months, I want it back!!) :):

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm a fan of the SIG trigger. I'm REALLY a fan of a SIG trigger worked over by Bruce Gray. Not strictly necessary in my opinion, but worth every penny.

Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I love 1911's and recenlty purchased a Springfield Loaded in 9mm, it's sweet. I also have an old Taurus PT99 which I have alway liked. Then I got to hold the CZ 75B... my father just picked one up from Bud's. Wow, I think it is my new favorite. I would also say go with the CZ. Check out this Hickok45 youtube video. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDhURHa0OQ[/ame]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm a fan of the SIG trigger. I'm REALLY a fan of a SIG trigger worked over by Bruce Gray. Not strictly necessary in my opinion, but worth every penny.

If you're willing to put $400+ into trigger work, you can make just about any gun have a nice pull. :laugh:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    If you're willing to put $400+ into trigger work, you can make just about any gun have a nice pull. :laugh:

Only the X-Five got THAT treatment (I'm not MADE of money :( ). But there is the little known, humorously named special CRRAP (Competition Reduced Reset Action Package) Bruce rolls out from time to time to members of another unnamed forum that can be had for less than two bills...

Top Bottom