• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hit a liquor store in Russelville, KY over the weekend for some Buffalo Trace and they had a half gallon of Weller's Special Reserve. They wanted $80 for it :n00b:. Then she tell me they have some Elmer T Lee so I asked what it was going for and she said about the same as the Weller's. I left with nothing but my beloved bottle of Buffalo Trace.
    I would have paid it. I cant find weller anywhere :(

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Having one last glass of Blanton's before starting Sober October.

See you on the other side.

What is "sober October"? I thought it was "Octobeard"? Or is it Novembeard? Either way I quit shaving as of today. Maybe I am premature and should not drink this month. But wait, I'm heading down to Swampers for a drink with a co-worker in few minutes.:dunno:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What is "sober October"? I thought it was "Octobeard"? Or is it Novembeard? Either way I quit shaving as of today. Maybe I am premature and should not drink this month. But wait, I'm heading down to Swampers for a drink with a co-worker in few minutes.:dunno:

I think you’re ok to consume this month. I mean OKTOBERFEST! Come on!

As far as shaving, it’s No-Shave November. Unless you are in some sort of competition that starts clean-shAven to beard over the 30 days of November - suit yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Not a bourbon expert, but I've worked my way past Jack Daniels (not a bourbon), through Maker's Mark, and Woodford Reserve, and my favorite so far is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked @ $49.95.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Old Grand Dad bottled in bond. Spicy on the tongue with a bit of a burn. Overall a nice sippin whiskey.

I've had the hankering for some OG BIB lately, it's what got me into bourbon, I always liked it

Might get into some Belle Meade tonight, got a couple different bottles finished in different casks...or some Bookers....or something else.

Not sure yet

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This week I've been working my way through the Jefferson's Experimental Collection. 5 different 200ml bottles, same juice in each, but each was aged differently, in barrels with different types of char, different staves added to some, etc. Interesting.

Not a bourbon expert, but I've worked my way past Jack Daniels (not a bourbon), through Maker's Mark, and Woodford Reserve, and my favorite so far is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked @ $49.95.

Technically JD is a bourbon. It meets the legal definition. But the folks from Tennessee call their bourbon Tennessee Whiskey. They add 1 filtering step that most bourbon producers don't do. They even passed a law proclaiming that their stuff is Tennessee Whiskey. They claim the extra filtering makes their Tennessee Whiskey not a bourbon. But by legal definition it is, in fact, bourbon. Perhaps it is both bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey. But its still technically bourbon.

FWIW, George Dickle Tennessee Whiskey is also bourbon. Some is pretty good stuff too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    new to the thread, newish to bouron, but I have been experimented a bit for the past 4-5 years with bourbons and scotches. I would have to say my favorite <$50 bourbon would have to be either Angel's Envy or anything I've never tried.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Time for one of my favorite <$50 bourbons.

EuYA9gq.jpg

Top Bottom