• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had a bit of Wild Turkey Masters Keep "Decade" tonight.

Picked up a bottle of Col EH Taylor Barrel Proof tonight. Its tough to find, not released every year, and when it is released its generally in small quantities. I'm a fan of EH Taylor Small Batch.

Also a bottle of the newest Wild Turkey Masters Keep "Revival" which is a blend of 12 to 15 year bourbons, which are then finished in 20 year Oloroso Sherry casks and bottled at 101 proof. Looking forward to trying this new one. I enjoyed the original Master Keep 17 year old, love the second offering as the 10 year Decade. I tend to like bourbons that are finished in other casks so I hope this will be really good.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I was at Meijer the other day when I ran across this. It was just randomly placed with all the other bottles. Anyone come across this before? My googlefu only pulled up red white and blue. Not just red and blue. Did I find the golden ticket? Oh man, I could do some damage inside that distillery.

2li9e6g.jpg

Possibly one of these:
    https://whiskycast.com/makers-mark-producing-special-bottles-for-new-england-fans/

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped by my local new liquor store and inquired about Blanton's again. He went on a spiel about the availability... suggested some Blade & Bow from Weller.

Not bad!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My local store had a bottle of Blantons on Thursday when I stopped in. I didn't buy it because I had other things to acquire but he sold it to another guy while I was there. He said he gets a case about every 4 to 6 weeks, sells it out in a matter of a couple days.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Stopped by my local new liquor store and inquired about Blanton's again. He went on a spiel about the availability... suggested some Blade & Bow from Weller.

Not bad!

My BIL got me a bottle of Blanton's for my birthday, it takes all my will power to not stick a straw in it and drink it all at once :):, good stuff!!!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I got my Maker's "golden ticket" a few days ago in the mail saying my barrel is ready. They also sent a poster decreeing it was ready.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.

Not bad!

I was kinda deep into the bluegrass state this past Sat. and Sun, taking care of some of the wife's family business. Stopped by the local liquor store to pick up a six pack for the mrs. and just kinda had a wild "Hey you guys ever get any Blanton's?". Storekeep says "Yeah, one right up there", pointing to the top shelf. I now have one for the holidays coming soon, you know when the Republicans kick the **** outa the Dems? Toast be coming.

Just curious, what should I have paid for it. I feel like I paid premium,(over $50), but my local guy ain't been getting any in.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I was kinda deep into the bluegrass state this past Sat. and Sun, taking care of some of the wife's family business. Stopped by the local liquor store to pick up a six pack for the mrs. and just kinda had a wild "Hey you guys ever get any Blanton's?". Storekeep says "Yeah, one right up there", pointing to the top shelf. I now have one for the holidays coming soon, you know when the Republicans kick the **** outa the Dems? Toast be coming.

Just curious, what should I have paid for it. I feel like I paid premium,(over $50), but my local guy ain't been getting any in.

Blantons at my local store has been $69 when the rare event they get it, they took another price increase on it. Last bottle I had wasn't that good but tastes on those can fluctuate.

I may be blasphemous here, but I don't think any Weller or regular Makers Mark is that good. Weller I buy as trade material and Makers to me is only good in Cask Strength, for a regular 90 proof bourbon of a similar price I'd rather have Eagle Rare all day any day in comparison

That being said, going to get into a store pick Single Barrel Barrel Strength OBSV Four Roses tonight

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

That's about right.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hit a liquor store in Russelville, KY over the weekend for some Buffalo Trace and they had a half gallon of Weller's Special Reserve. They wanted $80 for it :n00b:. Then she tell me they have some Elmer T Lee so I asked what it was going for and she said about the same as the Weller's. I left with nothing but my beloved bottle of Buffalo Trace.

Top Bottom