• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just got back from a day of shopping in the Chicago suburbs with my daughter. Last stop with Binny's Beverage Depot in Oak Brook, IL ... Picked up a bottle of Indiana produced Starlight's "Carl T" Single Barrel Barrel Proof ... looking forward to trying it another day.

I love the regular Carl T offering from Starlight, and its a bargain at $39. I paid $59.95 for the Barrel Proof, which is labeled at just over 121 Proof.

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    I'm in the Seattle area visiting family and picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel and OGD 114. Not particularly special selections, but I don't remember seeing either at the stores I usually visit at home.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm in the Seattle area visiting family and picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel and OGD 114. Not particularly special selections, but I don't remember seeing either at the stores I usually visit at home.

Both are pretty easy to be had in the central area of the state, not super fancy but I enjoy both

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Found more of the Spring Mill bourbon but it seems to have changed manufacturers and proof. Going to try it tonight and see if it's the same thing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just got back from a day of shopping in the Chicago suburbs with my daughter. Last stop with Binny's Beverage Depot in Oak Brook, IL ... Picked up a bottle of Indiana produced Starlight's "Carl T" Single Barrel Barrel Proof ... looking forward to trying it another day.

I love the regular Carl T offering from Starlight, and its a bargain at $39. I paid $59.95 for the Barrel Proof, which is labeled at just over 121 Proof.

Visit the distillery in southern Indiana if you get a chance, good wines, brandies and they also have a farmers market.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Put some feelers out and a friend seems to have a hook up. I've got these waiting for me as soon as I can get over to his place to pick em up.

U6pCRsvh.jpg

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Put some feelers out and a friend seems to have a hook up. I've got these waiting for me as soon as I can get over to his place to pick em up.

U6pCRsvh.jpg

Gotta love friends! A buddy of mine just dropped off a half gallon to me tonight, another ex-coworker owns a liquor store and held a fifth for me. The rest was
    i-9ddh4Zz
    a lot of leg work!
    I'm curious to hear about that 12 year old.
    20171221_203722-M.jpg

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    Woodford is good. Got a bottle last Christmas and already got one this Christmas including a nice glass. I personally buy Jack Daniels or Glenlevit single malt scotch. Two completely different tastes.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Found more of the Spring Mill bourbon but it seems to have changed manufacturers and proof. Going to try it tonight and see if it's the same thing.

Arguably one of the best looking bourbon bottles out there...

heartland-spring-mill-bourbon-twice-barreled-series-17-1.jpg

And tasty to boot...I couldn't bring myself to toss the empty bottle away...It's just so 19th century cool looking....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DETAILS? Who makes it?

The originally offered it in 2 proofs.

Where did you find it?

The bottle on the left is from the first lot that I can't find any more the one on the right I found at Big Red Liquors, they had two and I bought both. I put a Colt in the picture as Indiucky is involved in this topic.:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The bottle on the left is from the first lot that I can't find any more the one on the right I found at Big Red Liquors, they had two and I bought both. I put a Colt in the picture as Indiucky is involved in this topic.:)

Love that old style thumb latch and finish is perfect...Looks good enough to collect but not so perfect you won't shoot...In other words..Perfect...:)

A buddy of mine has one of those his great grandpa carried when chasing Villa...Even has the funky old blue canvas holster with the copper cap at the toe...

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008

U6pCRsvh.jpg

I really like the W.L. Weller 12. Uncle had it a few yeas back at our family's Christmas gathering. Have never been able to find it. But from what i understand the prices have gone up wuite a bit lately with demand.

Top Bottom