• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Just thought I'd ask what everyone's best and worst firearms they've ever owned are :D And when I say worst I mean accuracy, price of ammo, practicality, constant problems, etc.
    My best would have to go to my 870 express, just because it can be used for EVERYTHING
    The worst would have to be my pheonix arms .22lr pistol. It's just one problem after another:xmad:

So lets hear your stories... :coffee:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Best would also probably be my 870 for reliability and versatility, or my Witness because it's a much better gun than I am and I can grow into it as my skills improve...

Worst.. Hard to say, I haven't had any "bad" guns really... Got a H&K G3 that has some issues with the scope mount and mangling brass... But think the scope mount issue is solveable when I get some time with it...

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Kel-tec SU22 would be the worst, in a close race with a couple of other Kel-tecs.

Kimber Montana would be the best all around by just barely beating out old school 700 Tis.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    The best I own are all Rugers. Can you really beat a 10/22? Dosen't EVERY American own one? :patriot: My Ruger SR9's and my Ruger MkIII. Humm.... seems to be a pattern here.:D

Worst would be the S&W BodyGuard .380 I bought a couple of months ago. Bad trigger pull/length, locking pins falling out, etc... It fit my hand nice but was a POS IMO. Traded it for the MkIII.

Did I mention I like Ruger firearms?:patriot:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    My worst was a Herters .357 magnum I had years ago...if you stood along side of me when I was firing it you would get hit with lead shavings.
    Hard to pick the best...some that I liked the best weren't the most accurate.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Glock-17C was the worst by far. I paid $650 for that thing in 1999 and it gave me nothing but problems. I guess I got a bad one because the feedramp wasn't at the right angle. Traded it in for a different firearm. The Gunsmith got a new barrel for the 17C it worked perfectly after that.

Most reliable would be the Norinco MAK-90 AK that was my 1st firearm. Had my sister claim me on her Taxes instead of my Egg Donor since I wasn't living with her. Got around $500, spent some on clothes and snatched up the Norinco with the rest. That made my Egg Donor very angry that she wasn't able to profit off me. I put that poor AK through hell at the range one day. Did anything and everything I could think of to make the AK jam but it didn't. Sand, grass, leaves, mud, water, and the AK seemed to love every minute. Coating the shell cases with tooth paste didn't make the AK jam either. Went through several thousand rounds through out the day. Then I made the HUGE mistake of trading the AK in on the Glock.

There's an AK-47 video on YouTube of a Jock shooting one that was on fire.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Centerfire rifle
    Best: AK47
    Worse: Mini-14

Shotgun
    Best: Mossberg 500
    Worse: do not have one

Rimfire rifle
    Best: Bolt action/Savage MKIIFV, Semi-auto/Remington 597
    Worse: Semi-auto/Remington Viper

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    The worst performing gun i ever owned was marlin model 60 that i purchased new from walmart,it wasnt accurate at all and jammed up every kind of ammo i fed it. I hated that gun and traded it for a single shot stevens 22 that was the most accurate rifle i ever owned. The guy i traded with never could get the marlin to funtion right either.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    one of my best(gone long ago) S/W 5906..was just a tack shootin sob I dont think i have a worst...better buy some more guns soon so i can try and find a bad one :)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Hard to pick a best...I have owned so many excellent firearms that all did everything they were supposed to that choosing one just can't be done. I have favorites but several "best".

Worst is easy, Taurus Judge. 8 rounds and the cylinder locked up. Set it back to Taurus. Got it back, 4 rounds and it locked up, sent it back to Taurus. Next range trip it....you guessed it...locked up. Got it back a 3rd time and sold it at a gun show to a dealer without taking it to the range first to see if it was fixed...no longer my problem.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Best... Savages and Glocks have been the most reliable by far. I've never owned a gun that I hated. Most Taurus that I've shot have been finicky, and I absolutely hate shooting the mosquito, its a P.O.S. IMO. My first carry was a FEG PA-63, needed some polishing love and springs to make it more friendly. I guess I've been blessed by my fire arms, no major complaints here.

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    Best... Savages and Glocks have been the most reliable by far. I've never owned a gun that I hated. Most Taurus that I've shot have been finicky, and I absolutely hate shooting the mosquito, its a P.O.S. IMO. My first carry was a FEG PA-63, needed some polishing love and springs to make it more friendly. I guess I've been blessed by my fire arms, no major complaints here.
    seems that you have a complaint with the squitor...major if your calling it a piece of sh$#

MacMan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    The worst would have to be a Keltec P11 I owned about 10 years, these thing would jam up every few rounds of several different brands of ammo. When it wasn't jamming, the thing slapped the heck out of my hand. The best if I have to chose would be a 1st gen g22 that I got from a friend. Man this tank was poorly maintained but it would shoot any time every time.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    Worst firearm was a national ordinance m1 carbine. First i broke the bolt then I broke the extracter .Found out it had a gas piston that fit too tight.I bought a rear site for it as the cheap sheat metal one would not stay set.Well I guess I fixed it up for someone. I had 150 dollars in extra parts. Ill never own another one unless it is a original one.I also owned a ruger mk 3 hunter stainless that i paid 475 new for. It only liked remington gold ammo. Ruger would not help me on this. I dumped it for 350 a few months later.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    My worst was also a Sig Mosquito. Thought it was just ammo picky. Then it wouldn't shoot anything. Sent it off a couple of times. Sold it the last time I got it back.

Best? Hard to say. I have a Kimber Team Match that I had tuned up that I'm very fond of. I have a Marlin 39 Mountie that I won't ever sell.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    My best, the ones I own now! Man that is a hard one, my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag for shooting deer close up. I could go on and on. My Kel Tec 32 for my daily carry BUG. Taurus 9mm for self assurance. My 22's for all the fun.
    Worst, Jennings 22 semi auto, Heritage revolver (loved it, but it started shaving lead, sent it back two times, still shaved lead, not safe to stand anywhere near it to the side, they said that was normal.)

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Best - G23 or G27

Worst - A S&W 915 that I had for about 6mos. I've got a Phoenix HP25 that has pretty much the same accuracy, but since I paid $0 for the Phoenix, the Smith loses out. Sold it for a $30 loss and never looked back.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Best: It's difficult, but I would have to pick my Marlin 39A. What a solid made, great shooting, excellent functioning lever .22LR it is.

Worst: Ruger Mini-14. A waste of ammo at best. Stringing all over. I just didn't shoot it anymore and didn't want to put any money into it. Sold if for a loss after owning it for about 6 years. It was a bad reminder everytime I saw it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Centerfire rifle
    Best: AK47
    Worse: Mini-14

Shotgun
    Best: Mossberg 500
    Worse: do not have one

Rimfire rifle
    Best: Bolt action/Savage MKIIFV, Semi-auto/Remington 597
    Worst: Semi-auto/Remington Viper

Centerfire rifle
    Best: Norinco AK47(My current centerfire go to carbine)
    Worst: No bad Centerfires yet but I don't really like the strip clip feed my SKS uses, I'd like to get it converted to share mags with my AK.

Shotgun

Best: Remington 870, 18" barrel, +2 Mag tube.

Worst: Unknown brand double barrell 20ga that would only fire one side. Got it in a trade.

Rimfire rifle
    Best:

Bolt action/Remington tube fed .22 built in the 60's that I used to hunt squirrels and plink with from 82-92 ,

Semi-auto/S&W M&P 15-22

Worst: I've yet to encounter an unreliable rimfire.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Wow...I was really looking into buying a used keltec, but i'm thinking about changing my mind now :dunno: And I'm glad to hear so many many loving their savages:yesway: Amen to that!

Top Bottom