• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I guess I've been really lucky. I've never had any guns I didn't like. I've only ever gotten rid of one gun that I've bought, that was the P11 I bought used (& not because I didn't like it).

I really like my AR, XD40 & 10/22. I guess I would consider those my "best".

I liked the Keltec P11 I had (light, easy to carry & fairly accurate for a small DAO gun especially at SD ranges) but my son needed a gun & it was small & inexpensive which worked well for him. I did have some problems with it (extraction problems). I called Keltec & they sent me a new extractor set (pin & spring) at no charge. It got there in 2 days after the call & I didn't have any other problems after I replaced it.

My Ruger SR9c I bought to replace the P11 had a few problems brand new right out of the box. I had some fairly serious feed problems & one of the takedown pins kept walking out. I almost sent it back to Ruger but I went ahead & detail stripped it and verified it was put back together correctly I haven't had any other problems since.

My dad on the other hand has bought several guns which I really hated.

His Taurus Millenium Pro had a TERRIBLE trigger. He sold it.

He bought a FI 1911-style that wouldn't feed at all because the magazine was messed up & he couldn't find magazines ANYWHERE. He sold it.

He had a JENNINGs .22...need I say more on that. He sold it.

He bought an Iver-Johnson .22 revolver that had terrible timing issues. He sold it.

However, he did buy a S&W Model 10 .38 that was in almost perfect condition. That gun had the nicest most crisp trigger I've ever felt. Then he sold it :(. I still kick myself for not buying it. :bash:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Best would probably be a Ruger Mark II bull barrel I bought in the mid 80's out in Calif thru the base exchange for $130.00 and no tax. I have ran many, many thousands of rounds thru it thru the years and never had to replace anything. I also probably can count on one hand just how many times I've taken it down to clean. It has always fed any ammo that I ran thru it.

Worse would be a AMT automag II .22 mag. Regardless of ammo, I could never get to function well.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The best would be a very old model Taurus 92 it had been scorched bad in a fire so I replaced all the springs and some parts and it was super reliable for 4000-5000 rounds before I traded it off. The worst was a Cobray M11 I bought it new and after 3 rounds the trigger plate slide off the trigger bar. I would have to field strip it and life the trigger bar and put the plate back in place after every few shots. I ended up selling it to a friend for a song that supposedly fixed it and is decent today.

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    My worst is a jennings pistol a buddy gave to me. Could fire once and not feed the second round. Thing was heavy as sin to. I traded it for like $15 on another gun. Maybe I should have kept it and made it a paper weight.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    my best and worst is my custom lapua .338
    accurate out to a country mile.
    ammo is ridiculously high even though i usually reload and only buy factory for benchmarking on the chrono.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    my best gun to me has to be my gp100,always flawless and accurate,it was my 21st b day present so the price cant be beat lol.the worst ive had was a ruger p94 40 cal i couldnt hit the kool aid man 5 feet from me lol.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Its a toss up on worst ,either my raven 25 or magnum research's plastic 22 offering mountain eagle? The best would have to either my 44 mag. Colt Anaconda or my first pistol 357 mag Desert Eagle . All are gone now

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Difficult to rank but here goes.

Best
    Semi-auto: HS Victor
    Revolver: Dan Wesson
    Rifle: Henry 22 Lever action

Worst
    Semi-auto: Beretta Cheetah (rear sight problem, can be fixed)
    Revolver: None
    Rifle: None

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    Well my best goes to my Glock 23. Love it. A very close second is my Mossberg 500 only because I had some issues with the extractor breaking and losing the screw plus Mossberg service kinda screwed me by not charging me and then they finally charged me 6 months later when they shipped it...

Worst has to go to the Mossberg 702 plinkster that I sold. It really wasn't all that bad. Pretty accurate but it would pretty consistently FTE. Luckily I don't trust a 22 with my life... Replaced it with a Marlin 995 that is practically identical but runs flawlessly.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Love my Marlins, 60's, 7000, 880SQ, 917. 39A, 1894, 1895 Mountie, and 5-336's in various calibers. Few problems, more accurate than me.

Worst was the first gun I bought, Dad's choice really. A Savage O/U .22 RF 20 Ga. shotgun, kicked the snot out of you and accuracy was mediocre at best. Pop always want one gun to do it all, just don't work that way. :@ya: Duce<><

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Best, Tough. Marlin 60, Marlin 1894 II CB Limited, Ruger mini 14, 870 and 1187 for the long guns, 229, 226, and honestly the keltec P3AT I just sold. Totally reliable and invisible in front pocket without a holster.
    Worst, hmm... only two real stinkers. Heritage arms .22/.22 mag. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. That said, everyone ELSE who shot it did well. Must've been just me. Other was a EA 15. Not a bad one, really. Accurate waaaay out there if you had a dusty field to walk 'em in with... but you had to cock the hammer BRISKLY, or lockup wasn't right on the money, and she'd shave lead. That could get annoying if you were off to the side of it.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    Worst, Jenning's J22. It was cheap and so was I.

Best...so far. Remington 700BDL Varmint 22-250. I could shoot the hair off the mole on a gnats ass at 400 yards with that thing. But 20 years ago I needed cash and sold it.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Glock 19 is THE best ever and worst was definately a Bushmaster 20" A2 AR. That POS was nothing but trouble. Two seperate gunsmiths were unable to get it to stop jamming. Since then I Have had two Stag Arms and they are flawless.:rockwoot:

arma73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    Morgan Co.
    Best, any of my 1911 45's always been reliable and safe. Worst- Kel tec 380, Due to the ejection port being on top of the slide I almost got throwed out of the indoor range when one of my cases took out the florescent lights. I sold soon after. Plus ammo got a little hard to find for a while and pretty expensive as well.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    jennings .22 pistol, it would shoot once and then jam and fail to extract the prior fired round everytime. For some reason I loved the little thing (dont blame me I was 13 I liked all guns) lol

I hated it after two weeks though and got rid of it through my dad

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I have a lot of bests but the worst have been some Tauruses that I had to send back to Taurus five times for trigger problems before they eventually replaced the guns with new ones. I'm now an official Taurus-Hater.

Top Bottom