• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    I just don't understand what the "protestors" are looking to achomplish....and how they think they aren't gonna get some pushback when the cops are trying to clear the streets and maintain some order, and they continue to stand there and defy their orders. Now I get that maybe the cops are being a little heavy handed, but they have it coming when the just stand there in defiance sometimes...

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The comments some are leaving below the video are appalling.

"You HAVE THE RIGHT to shoot these police. Arm yourselves if you have not already."

"These pigs need to be put in their place..I believe soon we will have to start a militia and go to war with these swine. I'll be damned if they try to take my life for no reason, they'll go down with me"

"you all need to start filling bollons with battery acid and throwing it on the cops"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The comments some are leaving below the video are appalling.

"You HAVE THE RIGHT to shoot these police. Arm yourselves if you have not already."

"These pigs need to be put in their place..I believe soon we will have to start a militia and go to war with these swine. I'll be damned if they try to take my life for no reason, they'll go down with me"

"you all need to start filling bollons with battery acid and throwing it on the cops"

Sounds like some of the INGO cabal...

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Gotta love when cops take a non-violent situation and make it a violent one. There is a very good reason cops are becoming hated even more and they are doing a good job of earning it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Gotta love when cops take a non-violent situation and make it a violent one. There is a very good reason cops are becoming hated even more and they are doing a good job of earning it.

Tell us, oh wise one, how to move people off the streets when they don't want to leave. Keeping streets open and passable is a public safety issue.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Tell us, oh wise one, how to move people off the streets when they don't want to leave. Keeping streets open and passable is a public safety issue.
    The MSM searched for possible ambulance issues after the bridge was shut down by a Christie staffer. I assume they are working to make the same connection in these incidents as well. Right?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    First of all, I know you can store pretty strong sulfuric acid in a plastic bottle, but balloons? This doesn't sound well thought out.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They've had some mobile field force training I see. They were using the batons appropriately, no one was using them as a bat swinging them. They are a "blocking" type tool, push and poking. Short stokes, keeping them close to the body. I like that the police were videoing the even themselves, far too often the only video of these events are the protesters and they often omit parts. They also like to block the street then scream "brutality" when they are forced to move. That video did not show the officer "beating" the 90lb lady like they were yelling, why was that? I've been involved in protests where we had to arrest instigators then we get surrounded and they start yelling "police brutality" even though we used no force other than taking them to the ground and handcuffing. These events are awful to work.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    That video did not show the officer "beating" the 90lb lady like they were yelling, why was that?

Right around the 30-second mark she gets taken down. It was a pretty harsh take-down, but she did seem to raise her fists and instigate the fight.

As she's on the ground it almost looks (from the video) like the guy nearest the camera is swinging his baton at her. I think it's an illusion, he's still just poking it back and forth.

I'm not sure what this particular crowd was doing to elicit this response. Were they blocking a road? What do you make of the claims that two departments are trying to force them in opposite directions?

I don't condone the vandalism or road-blocking that was taking place during these protests. That is an initiation of force and deserves a response. I'm not sure if these people were necessarily participating in either, there's not enough video here to get any context.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    People have a right to peaceful protest. Too bad many of the protesters got their legal advise from the Cracker Jack box. Once given the order to disperse, and then they refuse..... get the pump truck and hose them off the streets like rats.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Right around the 30-second mark she gets taken down. It was a pretty harsh take-down, but she did seem to raise her fists and instigate the fight.

Looks to me like she had a hold of the baton or the officer's hands....I would not suggest that.

People have a right to peaceful protest....

Absolutely. I have no problem with protests. It, quite literally, is the American way.

However, reasonable time, place and manner restrictions are permissible. They were blocking streets (both in the video and according to news reports) and a kind of doubt that they had a permit....not that such a thing should be necessary when you're not​ blocking streets.

Top Bottom