• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well then, you might as well write a novel. The idea of a protest is completely lost and the notion that the police serve the 1% is confirmed. This isn't private property.

You're exactly right. And you do not have exclusive right to use it only for your selfish reasons at the expense of others.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You can ride a bicycle, WALK upon them, drive a team of horses, etc. Just follow the law.

So if the protestors were walking down the road while protesting, it would have been ok? I doubt that. I agree there needs to be rules that restrict this type of protest. We all saw videos of protestors standing in interstate highways after Ferguson. I am shocked there weren't fatalities...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So if the protestors were walking down the road while protesting, it would have been ok? I doubt that. I agree there needs to be rules that restrict this type of protest. We all saw videos of protestors standing in interstate highways after Ferguson. I am shocked there weren't fatalities...

That's why I included following the law.

Context is important.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    345732_v1.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I like the tone of this thread.

You can protest, but it has to be how we say, when we say, and where we say. Got that?

Airtight boys, airtight.

I'm coming over to your place and blocking your driveway just off your property to protest....whatever I want to. I expect your full support.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    L11, think of it this way, give a right to arms, can I shoot at anything I want? May I take target practice in the middle of I465? May I point the gun wherever I desire?

You can do anything you want!

There will be consequences for your actions, but hey man, free country.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Well then, you might as well write a novel. The idea of a protest is completely lost and the notion that the police serve the 1% is confirmed. This isn't private property.

So take it to the 1% and block their streets and burn their neighborhoods. And see how THAT plays out...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You're exactly right. And you do not have exclusive right to use it only for your selfish reasons at the expense of others.

Wait, wait, wait. You mean PUBLIC property is used as the PUBLIC has deemed fit via their representatives? So just because tax money paid for the airport I can't picnic on the runway because society at large has deemed the public use for that public property should be for airplanes?

Keeping us down, man, keeping us down.

Arguing that supports the 1% alone is ignoring the fact that huge sectors of our economy, and pretty much everyone who doesn't telecommute, relies on an open and effective transportation infrastructure for their income. Everyone who spends money on things other than fremium gaming and level 20 warlocks also needs goods to move to satisfy their economic needs and wants, again requiring a transportation infrastructure that functions.

Top Bottom