• No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'd take the 92 over a 75. :popcorn:

Or, just have one of each. :D

I just picked up a 92A1 earlier this month but I've been too busy to shoot it. I did a lot of research on it before purchase and the overall consensus just about everywhere I looked was the same as what people are posting here.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I'm waiting for this guy AND some other guy to send pics. The second guy has the 92FS NIB (with 300 rounds through it), 14 magazines, leather chest rig w/ mag carrier, fobus mag carrier, and Crimson Trace grips. I'm thinking about the second guy's offer more than the first guy's.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I like mine! It has eaten everything I feed it flawlessly (6-700rds?), just barely broken in though. I have no regrets, and I would buy one again! I have the M9 model but I think they are the same. I have heard it said that they are "easy to be fairly accurate with" or something to that effect, and that has been my experience with it. I dont shoot it much, but its always easy to pick up and shoot decent with. I will be busting it out to go shooting with the fiance soon. I think its a good gun to let newcomers shoot as well. Good luck!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I love my 92FS! It was my first gun I ever purchased. Took be 8 wks on layaway to pay for it back in 1989. I carried it for many years and was the primary handgun I used when I was working security. I NEVER had a FTF. Even though my current EDC is a Glock 19, the Beretta makes the trip to the range every time.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    They are a bit large for concealed carry but make great HD and range guns! I have 2, one a pristine early 90's 92FS and another is a beater police trade-in 92G. Both are super reliable and have NEVER jammed!
    I carried one in South America during the drug wars of the 90's and another on me when I went into Iraq in 2003.....I like em!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Any recent vet that was an officer likely has a bunch of experience with an M9/92FS.

Big, heavy, yes. But I was able to qualify expert on a gun that had 15K or more rounds through it. These things get thrashed and still put rounds on target.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one-- just too clunky and expensive for what they are. But they are well-made, last a long time, and might be the softest-shooting 9mm ever-- all that size does have some benefit.

JMO

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Not a recent vet but I was in the Army during the transistion in the mid '80s, being Airborne Infantry it was an issued sidearm.

I loved it so much I bought a 92G (decock only) in the early '90s... its still in the safe. I really dont carry it much and probably makes a range trip 2x per year, mainly my son loves to shoot it.

I still have my Bianchi MOLLE dropleg on one of my BOBs so it would definately be put back in service when needed....

Basically I like my Berettas, SIGS and Glocks.... they go bang everytime when their supposed to.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I only shot a rental at a range, and to be honest, I didn't like it. I might try shooting someone else's to give it another try, but until then I'm not spending the money on it. I'll keep my CZ75.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    How do people feel about the grips? Are they comparable to 5906 grips w/ Hogues?

I had Hogue grips on my 4906 and it was similar width to the 92fs with Hogues. I don't like plastic grips, ever.

As far as the softest shooter, the 92fs is one smooth operator. But not much more so than an M&P or PPQ. I think my PX4 may even be smoother than my 92fs. The PX4 is basically a newer variant of the 92fs design; it has a rotating barrel, and is polymer, but all else is about the same. While the PX4 is cheaper, it doesn't have the nostalgia of a real 92fs.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I had Hogue grips on my 4906 and it was similar width to the 92fs with Hogues. I don't like plastic grips, ever.

As far as the softest shooter, the 92fs is one smooth operator. But not much more so than an M&P or PPQ. I think my PX4 may even be smoother than my 92fs. The PX4 is basically a newer variant of the 92fs design; it has a rotating barrel, and is polymer, but all else is about the same. While the PX4 is cheaper, it doesn't have the nostalgia of a real 92fs.

Would you say the plastic grips are smaller? Because at the moment my hands are small. However if it's any indication from looking at my dad my hands will magicly grow overnight soon. But at the moment the 5906 w/ Hogues is a large handful to me and I'd hate for the Beretta to be bigger. I can't hit the slide release on the 5906 but I'd think with the Beretta's release much closer to the grip there would be no problem there.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Would you say the plastic grips are smaller? Because at the moment my hands are small. However if it's any indication from looking at my dad my hands will magicly grow overnight soon. But at the moment the 5906 w/ Hogues is a large handful to me and I'd hate for the Beretta to be bigger. I can't hit the slide release on the 5906 but I'd think with the Beretta's release much closer to the grip there would be no problem there.

The Hogues make it thicker. The original grips will be thinnest.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I've got a Beretta 92 FS Inox made in Italy. Literally have shot several thousand rounds and never a jam or misfire. I do clean it after each range day because it is so easy to field strip and clean. I just bought a set of factory walnut grips with factory Beretta medallions on them from Midway and can't wait to install them on the pistol. You can't go wrong with the Beretta 92 FS.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Currently the only 9mm pistol I own is a Beretta M9A1, Ive had one in the past & really regretted selling it.Mine has been 100% reliable even with lead reloads

Top Bottom