• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Anything to watch out for on the one I might be trading for soon?

I was a Combat Arms Training and Maintenance (CATM) troop for a bit in the USAF. CATM did all the instruction and maintenance on small arms. The biggest couple issues I saw prone with the Beretta was broken locking blocks. We replaced those in the dozens. The 2nd biggest I would say was the trigger bar spring. The trigger bar spring is in the right side of the magwell and pushes up onto the trigger bar.

I would check for any crackes in the locking block, that would be my main concern on the Beretta.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I was a Combat Arms Training and Maintenance (CATM) troop for a bit in the USAF. CATM did all the instruction and maintenance on small arms. The biggest couple issues I saw prone with the Beretta was broken locking blocks. We replaced those in the dozens. The 2nd biggest I would say was the trigger bar spring. The trigger bar spring is in the right side of the magwell and pushes up onto the trigger bar.

I would check for any crackes in the locking block, that would be my main concern on the Beretta.

This is good advice.^

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ultra reliable, incredibly smooth shooting, handles recoil probably better than any other 9mm IMO. If it has any issues, parts are cheap and it's an easy gun to work on yourself.

I got one that is HEAVILY used. Threw in new extractor, ejector, recoil spring. Runs like a champ. Not pretty, but it works and has been by EDC for several years. I've trusted my life to it/them several times. Tough guns, well worth their investment. Lot of major police departments around the country still issues them.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    It's a good firearm as others have said.

But given the recent boom (and subsequent price increase bubble) in sales of ar and ak rifles, I'd say you may be getting the short end of the stick monetarily with that trade.

That's the key word. What goes up must go down. And you really couldn't get a 92FS with a WASR a month ago.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The M9 is my EDC. Hundreds of rounds through it with no problems. It needs cleaned after about 500-600 rounds. But I clean it more often. :D

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    That's the key word. What goes up must go down. And you really couldn't get a 92FS with a WASR a month ago.

You're right. A couple months ago, I think you would have been getting a great deal on that trade. Right now, in this time, I think you're getting a bit of the short end of the deal.

Heck, I bet you could sell your wasr for more than a brand new 92fs cost (they're only $550 bnib from buds, or $590 for the 92a1 version).

Bigmoe221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    I just picked up a 92fs at Cabelas in Hammond yesterday. Price was $599 sticker but I had a employee discount sale card that took it to $539. On top of they they have a $50 Beretta mail in rebate on them that expires today. Total price (minus Tax) was $489. I feel like I stole it. :rockwoot:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    You're right. A couple months ago, I think you would have been getting a great deal on that trade. Right now, in this time, I think you're getting a bit of the short end of the deal.

Heck, I bet you could sell your wasr for more than a brand new 92fs cost (they're only $550 bnib from buds, or $590 for the 92a1 version).

Yeah, but to get that I'd have to use Gunbroker, and I'm not so sure about that. Armslist is an option as well, but my experience with Armslist is that there are a lot of tirekickers and people who want a lot of something for very little.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Beretta 92's are great! I bought a used one a while back and I love it! I have heard alot of people knock them bad and I dont know why! They shoot good, feel good, and are reliable(from my experiences). Mags are cheap and readily available too! :)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What does INGO think of the Beretta 92FS? I like them and might be trading for one soon (My WASR+three mags+accessories for 92FS+six mags+holster+pre-installed INOX barrel+$75). Tell me everything.

Absolutely one of the finest handguns ever made! :rockwoot:

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    These are great guns. A little large, but that is part of their charm. They are a proven reliable design, and haven't needed changed for decades. If they weren't totally reliable then the military wouldn't use them (92fs=M9). Mine has never jammed once, and it is great fun. Everyone who has even a small pistol collection seems to have at least one 92fs.

:)::):

That's the best emoticon I can manage for me laughing myself out of my chair.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've had 2 of them but traded them off, fun to shoot and they have the cool factor because of military use. But, for me there are lighter, better options out there. If you want one go for it, what good is a wasr really. You can probably enjoy the pistol more.

Top Bottom