• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    What does INGO think of the Beretta 92FS? I like them and might be trading for one soon (My WASR+three mags+accessories for 92FS+six mags+holster+pre-installed INOX barrel+$75). Tell me everything.

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    probably a decent trade if you like the 92fs. I had one that I hated(probably just a lemon, as I've never heard this really before) Mine was a jam-o-matic wouldn't feed anything, half the time it would need manually cycled. I messed with it for one afternoon try to shoot a mag, disassemble, inspect, clean, oil. got tired of that after about 4 or 5 mags. luckily my brother in-law always wanted one, and did I have just the one for him haha I explaned the issues and he still wanted it:dunno: .. he didn't keep it long either.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    These are great guns. A little large, but that is part of their charm. They are a proven reliable design, and haven't needed changed for decades. If they weren't totally reliable then the military wouldn't use them (92fs=M9). Mine has never jammed once, and it is great fun. Everyone who has even a small pistol collection seems to have at least one 92fs.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Really like mine. It has been very reliable, eating anything I seem to feed it. I have had no problems with the first 1,000+ rounds. Pick up sights well.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I had one for a summer, I traded it off for a Kimber 1911. It was way too big for my hand, I couldn't get consistent with it.. It was a tough gun that will take a beating, and I had no problems with it jamming

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I have a 92fs and love it. It is the first 9mm I ever bought and I hope to pass it down to my kids. Awesome fit, finish and so silky smooth to shoot. It also fits my hands like a dream and it is my 12 year old son's favorite as well!

Brown86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    i picked up a beretta M9A1 a few weeks ago for my first full size 9mm and i love it. Shoots smooth and right where you want it to.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anything to watch out for on the one I might be trading for soon?

They are pretty trouble free. I bought my first one in the early 90's. If the recoil spring is weak, thet will batter the locking block, and sometimes break it. The block is about $35. On mine, I upgrade the standard spring to a 2 lb heavier spring from Wolff and generally replace the spring every year or two. I have never broken a locking block. I guess if I was buying a used one, I would take the slide off and look for cracking around the side ears on the locking block. I have never seen a cracked one, but I have seen a broken one on someone elses (heavily abused) 92fs.
    Good Luck

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    It's a good firearm as others have said.

But given the recent boom (and subsequent price increase bubble) in sales of ar and ak rifles, I'd say you may be getting the short end of the stick monetarily with that trade.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I have a 92fs and love it. It is the first 9mm I ever bought and I hope to pass it down to my kids. Awesome fit, finish and so silky smooth to shoot. It also fits my hands like a dream and it is my 12 year old son's favorite as well!

Ditto to all this. Smooth as can be.

Top Bottom