• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you're saying you don't have an iphone?

No, I do have one. For once something that looks weird was actually what I intended to post. The term comes from a 4x4 only trail that leads up to abandoned ABM (the first system from the 60s) silos that also have a beautiful view of nighttime LA as well as being a well known lover's lane. To go 'jeeping' was to take a girl up for the view + extras. Pretty much nothing that wasn't short wheel base could get up there and anybody else you could hear coming a long way away so it was relatively private

Eventually the term aquired the connotation of illicit action, as in cheating on husband/boyfriend etc

Thus 'Dude, your girlfriend is jeeping on you'

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    AOC is right, for once.

bill.png

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lawmakers-six-hours-6000-page-covid-relief-bill

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I thought that was a different bill

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/12/21/another-stopgap-needed-to-give-trump-time-to-sign-massive-bill/

The covid bill is being inserted into the omnibus bill (aka the 2020 budget). Congress/trump just agreed to a 7 day continuing resolution to keep .gov working.

So they now have until 28 dec to pass the bill.
    Trump has indicated he will veto the spending bill if his 3 conditions are still not met.

Congress is not even looking at his 3 conditions. :facepalm:
    So the new showdown is next monday.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I heard this covid bill is paying the stimulus money to all the illegal aliens this time AND making it retroactive to the last stimulus payment as well so they will be getting both payments this time around.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That doesn't sound very secure - people got large fraudulent tax returns using my social security number in the past. Also you can buy lists of social security numbers with identities on line.

??? How is it not secure ???
    How else would you have the IRS send the funds if they have to ID you?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    ??? How is it not secure ???
    How else would you have the IRS send the funds if they have to ID you?

The IRS sends me a separate UPIN number every year so they can tell my tax returns from the f****** frauds using my social security number. It is common knowledge social security numbers have been for sale for years.

ETA - I guess I didn't really answer you. I am just saying it is a big problem. I don't know the answer. Someday we might hear about the Billions of dollars that went to the wrong hands - or at least we might hear about a small fraction of it.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The IRS sends me a separate UPIN number every year so they can tell my tax returns from the f****** frauds using my social security number. It is common knowledge social security numbers have been for sale for years.

ETA - I guess I didn't really answer you. I am just saying it is a big problem. I don't know the answer. Someday we might hear about the Billions of dollars that went to the wrong hands - or at least we might hear about a small fraction of it.

(In purple)
    Well if you take the cvirus vaccine and allow the .gov to put the chip in you when they do the vaccine no need for irs to give you that pin anymore.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It was the defense bill that has a threatened veto.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...eatens-veto-defense-bill-time-over-china.html

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/12/21/another-stopgap-needed-to-give-trump-time-to-sign-massive-bill/

The covid bill is being inserted into the omnibus bill (aka the 2020 budget). Congress/trump just agreed to a 7 day continuing resolution to keep .gov working.

So they now have until 28 dec to pass the bill.
    Trump has indicated he will veto the spending bill if his 3 conditions are still not met.

Congress is not even looking at his 3 conditions. :facepalm:
    So the new showdown is next monday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom