Not open for further replies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You can't expect a hospital to operate continually under the threat of a fluke thing like Covid though, it's still a business. It's like expecting a small gun store to maintain a huge warehouse of ammunition just in case a panic happens.
    Right, you expect some preparation on both the individual and systemic level. And now that disease has actually hit, the hospitals can't handle the whole problem for us.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Right or wrong it is very refreshing to see that level of frankness from the leader of a country. It is almost like he respects the intelligence of the people.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nonobaddog again.

reply_40b.png
    Quick Reply

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When our king tells us our coronavirus response has failed, I'll take note

Don't worry Trump hadnt said any such thing.

Although you neglected to mention the PM agreed with the king.

In the realm of half truths. The catchy phrase is king!

Like the moth to the flame...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't worry Trump hadnt said any such thing.

Although you neglected to mention the PM agreed with the king.

In the realm of half truths. The catchy phrase is king!

Like the moth to the flame...

So two figureheads from an archaic form of government instead of one? I'm twice as impressed

Edit: What does Elizabeth have to say about the British covid response. I haven't been keeping up with lifestyles of the rich and redundant

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    :facepalm: I have no opinion about whether Trump’s covid response has failed. That wasn’t the implication.

:yesway: I guess we can Monday Morning Quarterback the response but Trump left it up to the states for the most part. Seems states that shut down and continue to have fared no better than some who didn't. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jeez, is it not obvious that it’s more about “king”? I mean. WTF? Have you guys just accepted him as royalty?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Jeez, is it not obvious that it’s more about “king”? I mean. WTF? Have you guys just accepted him as royalty?
    I believe you meant whatever you say you meant.

As it happens, I had a 3rd interpretation of your comment. I thought you were commenting on Trump's boastful habits: not whether or not he did well with the Covid response, but that he would always call it "great" no matter what.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    GC CORONER CHALLENGES STATE ON COVID DEATH NUMBERS

...“The State says that Grand County has five COVID deaths. In researching the numbers, I found the state is counting two deaths that died of gunshot wounds as COVID deaths [referencing the recent murder-suicide victims from Fraser].

“When I questioned the numbers,” the Coroner continued, “the response I got was ‘if they died in the 30 days of their positive test, they are counted as a death among a COVID case.’

“Although the decedents did test positive for COVID, that is not what they died from. The two cases were autopsied, and the cause of death was listed as ‘blunt force Injuries due to a gunshot wound.’ Nowhere did the pathologist say COVID was the cause of death.

“I believe that this is false and very misleading,” concluded Bock. “If we want the public to trust and believe the information being released, we need to make sure it is accurate.

“I realize in the scope of things that Grand County’s numbers are small. Although these numbers are small this ‘error’ creates a 40% increase in our death total. That is not an insignificant amount. How many cases like this does it take to inflate the numbers?...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    GC CORONER CHALLENGES STATE ON COVID DEATH NUMBERS

...“The State says that Grand County has five COVID deaths. In researching the numbers, I found the state is counting two deaths that died of gunshot wounds as COVID deaths [referencing the recent murder-suicide victims from Fraser].

“When I questioned the numbers,” the Coroner continued, “the response I got was ‘if they died in the 30 days of their positive test, they are counted as a death among a COVID case.’

“Although the decedents did test positive for COVID, that is not what they died from. The two cases were autopsied, and the cause of death was listed as ‘blunt force Injuries due to a gunshot wound.’ Nowhere did the pathologist say COVID was the cause of death.

“I believe that this is false and very misleading,” concluded Bock. “If we want the public to trust and believe the information being released, we need to make sure it is accurate.

“I realize in the scope of things that Grand County’s numbers are small. Although these numbers are small this ‘error’ creates a 40% increase in our death total. That is not an insignificant amount. How many cases like this does it take to inflate the numbers?...

A meme becomes reality, people with gunshot wounds actually being labeled as covid deaths.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The original comment, by me, was meant to indicate that we don't have useless figureheads like kings and queens to come out after the fact and say things were wrong. We have to rely on washed up former government officials for that.

I am not aware of them having some alternate plan at the time the decisions were made. Supposing that they actually had doubts, why couldn't the king and the prime minister together alter the course? Sounds like retconning to me

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe you meant whatever you say you meant.

As it happens, I had a 3rd interpretation of your comment. I thought you were commenting on Trump's boastful habits: not whether or not he did well with the Covid response, but that he would always call it "great" no matter what.

It's a bit like someone saying "you're an adulterer and a murderer!" and the person saying, "hey, I've always been faithful." Well, that's like the person admitting that he's a murderer. Except I only implied Trump was a king.

So I'm basically saying Trump is acting like a King, fully believing that would be the thing people objected to, you know, because they don't think of him as a king. At least I had hoped. Oh well. It's whatever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom