Not open for further replies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'd still like to know more about WTF Fauci was talking about when he said the bit about the vaccine (I think the RNA based one) not stopping the disease, but stopping the symptoms. Sounds like a leaky vaccine to me. How is that better if a lot of people get that vaccine and then act like the pre-symptomatic spreaders? I really wish he'd have explained that more in depth.

I didn't hear his particular quote BUT this is a common statement at the moment, as the actual study data has not been released.

There are diseases where your immunity kicks in so rapidly that the virus can't multiple much at all.

There are other diseases where the virus has some time to multiply and shed, but your immunity kicks in about the same time and therefore you don't have much, if any, documented disease.

If the Covid vaccines only reduce shedding a little and reduce symptoms a lot, then you won't get as much of a herd immunity effect.

If they stop the disease almost entirely (ie so little viral replication that people are testing negative and aren't infectious) then it will be easier to reach a herd immunity status.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I think there's something to this. It is kinda a race between the vaccine and the virus just running out of hosts. That's one problem (from the virus's perspective) with exponential growth - it doesn't take long to burn through an entire population.

The latest serologic survey in Indiana suggests about 11% of the population had been infected as of October. It typically takes 70% to reach herd immunity.

South Dakota might be somewhat closer, sadly already losing 1 in 1000 residents to Covid.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The latest serologic survey in Indiana suggests about 11% of the population had been infected as of October. It typically takes 70% to reach herd immunity.

South Dakota might be somewhat closer, sadly already losing 1 in 1000 residents to Covid.

Without all the false positives that's not so bad.

What percent is 1 in a 1000?

[FONT=&quot]0.10%

Number Converter
    1 in __DecimalPercent
    1 in 7000.00140.14%
    1 in 8000.00130.13%
    1 in 9000.00110.11%
    1 in 1,0000.00100.10%

[/FONT]

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

[FONT=&amp]0.10%

Number Converter
    1 in __DecimalPercent
    1 in 7000.00140.14%
    1 in 8000.00130.13%
    1 in 9000.00110.11%
    1 in 1,0000.00100.10%

[/FONT]

People like to throw out SD's numbers because they didn't fall to their knees over covid and beg for mercy. If you look at the proportion of covid deaths by population there are many states that are similar.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    People like to throw out SD's numbers because they didn't fall to their knees over covid and beg for mercy. If you look at the proportion of covid deaths by population there are many states that are similar.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

• Let's compare 1 in 1000
    • Death rate: 867.8 deaths per 100,000 population = 86.78 deaths per 1000
    • Infant Mortality rate: 5.66 deaths per 1,000 live births

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wish there was a good source, but like all things like this the data lags by a year. The WONDER is a good tool, but the latest data is 2018: http://wonder.cdc.gov/ For the data it does have, it works well. You can adjust it by death illness type using the ICD-10 and 10 113 codes, so influenza, pneumonia, etc. The data is not raw and I did not really see anything from the CDC unless I am missing it at https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data_access/vitalstatsonline.htm

For Covid data, the information at https://twnwi.com/ is still being automatically daily, and some data like the individual state stats is updated throughout the day. The interactive dashboard has six pages of Wuflu fun. You can filter Indiana Data by specific counties to compare regions or counties for different time periods . The national map on page 6 is where you can compare the current stats by state, as well as combining states to compare cases and deaths. The data is broken down by county. It will choke on mobile devices, so the best experience will be on the desktop.

Thanks for thge info, still not what I had found before but the CDC 'sawtooth' graph, where the bars are 'expected' death is nearly useless

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There used to be aggregates of all deaths available for 2020, up through at least late August as I recall. Not sure what the latency was but it didn't seem to be much beyond a couple of weeks
    I linked those in one of these threads. They are no longer valid links. Make if that what you will.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I linked those in one of these threads. They are no longer valid links. Make if that what you will.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was afraid of. Had hoped they were just being de-emphasized and not de-leted

The Wayback machine to the rescue! archive.org is still our friend.

It might be one of these versions of the page.
    If you know around what date you last saw the page find a date on the calendar and pick version (lager the circle, the more modifications/edits to the page that day).

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A thousand thank yous, effendi. I did not think the wayback would archive something like that but that does indeed appear to be what I was looking for

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

[FONT=&quot]0.10%

Number Converter
    1 in __DecimalPercent
    1 in 7000.00140.14%
    1 in 8000.00130.13%
    1 in 9000.00110.11%
    1 in 1,0000.00100.10%

[/FONT]
    Nothing to do with % of anything else

This is not infection fatality rate

1 in 1000 of their total population dead of one disease within a few months: a disease that has been controlled to near zero in several countries.

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just after Hogsett has IPS close the schools Fauci does a 180 and says schools are safe after all.

[video=youtube_share;PyJLLELFMFI]http://youtu.be/PyJLLELFMFI[/video]

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

1 in 1000 of their total population dead of one disease within a few months: a disease that has been controlled to near zero in several countries.

So for the whole year it's much lower. :rockwoot:Thanks for clearing that up.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Probably you get better compliance when cops beat citizens for not wearing masks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom