• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    now that im safely tucked away in america, im glad i had my experiences. if i had to go back and do it again, id want a desk job. the risk is not worth the reward.

I got stuck with a desk job due to a previoius injury and I'm good now, but they wont let me out. Last deployment I was only here for 5 months, no CIB, this deployment, things aren't looking good either.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I got stuck with a desk job due to a previoius injury and I'm good now, but they wont let me out. Last deployment I was only here for 5 months, no CIB, this deployment, things aren't looking good either.
    at least youll be coming home w/ all your fingers/toes/arms/legs/eyes. that was my biggest fear.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    I joined the Infantry for a reason. That reason was not to sit behind a desk. I knew the risks when I signed up. I want to do my job.
    yea it sucks being behind a desk. thats how i finished up on ad. i climb stairs like a 90 year old man now. but in case you havent noticed, you dont have a job in iraq any more. :dunno:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Wow!

I can;t believe the public range stories I'm seeing. Roush Lake has appeared to be pretty safe. Tha RO's there are fairly active and they use a PA and red lights. I'm sure that helps.

Target Master in Fort Wayne appears to be pretty safe too.
    Just lucky to this point I guess.
    I have been swept with a gun that I unloaded and handed to someone once at Roush. Still not very comforting.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I think any new buyer, someone purchasing their first firearm. Should have to attend a free safety course, to purchase a gun. Not saying that will stop all morons but it's a start.

"When your response to everything that is wrong with the world is to say, 'there ought to be a law,' you are saying that you hold freedom very cheap." - Dr. Thomas Soweil

Everyone should be well-trained, but it should of course be voluntary, not mandatory. Everyone should have the good sense to get training. But I don't think forcing anyone to take a course will improve safety - people who are going to be irresponsible will be irresponsible even when they know the right way to do things, and the responsible will try to be safe even without taking an actual course.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    yea it sucks being behind a desk. thats how i finished up on ad. i climb stairs like a 90 year old man now. but in case you havent noticed, you dont have a job in iraq any more. :dunno:

We were actually originally going to Iraq on this deployment. But they switched us and another Brigade that was deploying a few months sooner because the unit did so well here last time. Supposedly anyway, regardless, we aren't doing the same thing and we aren't in the same place. So it makes no sense to me.

Top Bottom